Blizz Forum Gold Rush - December competition

Happy Holidays Blizz Forum!

Its great to see so many people interested in gold finding builds. So, what better time to run a small friendly comp. in December.

~~ Weekly prizes brought to you by Dhrolie, Teemo, Nethi & FakeThug ~~

Rules: Fastest time to gather $10m wins. Timer starts when you load in, finishes when you are back at your stash with the gold. Play however you like, can sell items that you pick up etc.

To participate, please post your build, merc build, gold find percentages, # runs taken, and total time. Please post as many times as you can. It would be great to get some real data on how well these builds perform overall, rather than the 1 time RNJesus was giving his blessings.

Now, there is a big ticket first prize (1 warcries 39-40 eg GC depending on what we can get), but also smaller rune prizes. To be eligible for the first prize, I do think a game recording is necessary, just so we can all see how good it is.

Rank // Player // Build ///////////// Time
1 ------- ALDO — Zerk Enigma A2 Aim – 16:12
2 ------- Nethi — Warcry A2 Aim ------ 18:38
3 ------- hAkA ---- Berserk Enigma A2 M – 20:56
--------- Dhrolie - Berserk Enigma A2 Aim - 20:57
---------- ALDO — Berserk Enigma A2 Aim - 21:25
--------- Nethi ------ warcry A2 EBoTD ---- 21:39
---------- ALDO ----- Berserk Enigma A2 ---- 23:30
--------- Nethi ------- Warcry A2 Bonehew --------- 24:40
--------- ALDO ----- Berserk Wealth A2 ----- 25:20
--------- Toul ------ Berserk Wealth A5 ----- 26:16

Extra rules (will add as needed)

• Travnical TZs can (and should) be recorded, but won’t count towards #1 prize.
18 Likes

Awesome initiative my man!

Let the gold rush begin :fist:t4:

3 Likes

I like the idea, and that’s a pretty sweet prize.
It’s just… you are giving a smexy gold find item to the person who proves they already have the best gold find. They just proved they don’t need it (or already have some of them). You should give that awesome charm to the person with the worst gold find build (me)! :smiley:

4 Likes

Haha good point, but if I know this forum, people aren’t coming with perfect gear. And if they are, they will pass the prize to someone else.

If the sponsors sign on, we’ll have weekly prizes, which will be enough to improve some gear.

Did a test run, 24min30sec. 20ish runs. will be fun to continue optimizing this. :smiley:

4 Likes

What on earth. That is a fast time!!

Run #1 - 25:20

ALDO - GF Barb lvl 94

GF% : 1615/1935
MF% : 262/450

Armor : Wealth
Helm : Magic Tiara 176%GF
Weapons : Grief PB + Lemmed PB w sw / dual lemmed ali baba’s
Rings : 10FCR 27GF + Dwarf Star
Amulet : Highlords
Gloves : Chance Guards
Belt : Goldwrap
Boots : Rare Boots with 80GF

Charms : max dmg ar life gc’s + mf res sc’s + a couple of gf + res gc’s and lc’s
Anni and torch

Pure Berserk Build + Howl for dispersion when necessary
Life : 3.2K DEF : 3.5K AR: 7.1K

Mercenary : A2 Might

Helm : Crown of Ages
Armor : Guardian Angel
Weapon : Reaper’s Toll

Total runtime from the first load in : 25:20
Average run time : ~1:10
22 total runs were made - around 455K per run if we average
Highest run I think was around 850K
Some items were picked (trash)
Gear / Stats / Skills / Merc shown at start of clip (run starts at 1:10)

5 Likes

nice to see this :slight_smile: no gold find builds myself, and never timed it precisely. but roughly I think it takes 24d 30h, or 25d 20h - similar numbers, different units, lol

2 Likes

You have a whole month to pull one together!

1 Like

nice thread guys, free bump and good luck!

3 Likes

I posted some rule and “how it will work” suggestions in the other thread, I’ll copy them here and add to them a bit:

You could make it something that runs over a period of days/weeks and lay out the rules as follows:

• Players to screen record their runs as a single unedited videos, this will constitute as an entry from the player
  • The submitted entry will be either 30 minutes or however long it takes to get 10 million gold (showing stashes and character gold at end)
  • Players can submit multiple entries; we can then either take the “best” one of each player or average them out, or both
  • The runs must take place in non terror zoned Travincal maps. If any portion of the entry is terror zoned, then the entire entry is disqualified
  • The runs will be done using a character on non-ladder softcore
  • No using hacks or 3rd party programs that affect gameplay
  • No using items that can only drop or be made in ladder
  • No multiboxing or playing in games that have other players in them. Players 1 only
  • All players must submit their entries by a specific date. These entries will be analysed and recorded into a shared Google sheet

For recording software, I use this:

1 Like

Build for the test run (Toul you can remove that from the official list for now, time is not precise +/- 10 sec):

Nthi - GF barb lvl 92

GF 2121% + merc 143% (merc does the killing)
MF 238%

Armor: Enigma (for merc control and travel speed)
Helm: Lemmed IK helm
Weapons: 2x Lemmed Crystal Swords (offhand CTA + hoto for puffs)
Rings: 2x Dwarf Stars
Amulet: 5fcr 2dex 17mana 5% regm 8@r HFD 73 GF craftie (wish it had +2barb :slight_smile: )
Gloves: Changies
Belt: Goldwrap
Boots: Infernostride

Charms: 160% gheeds, anni, torch. +2 warcries / +305 GF / some resists from sc’s and gc’s.

War Cry Horker, merc takes care of everything.

Merc: A2 Might
Helm: Lemmed CoT 12LL 143 GF
Armor: Eth fortitude
Weap: Eth Bonehew socketed with ED jews (388% ed 208-1058 wep dam, need to buy ias ed jews). Trying out how it works with BotD as soon as I get my war pike socketed.

First run gold finds were 200-920k 20ish runs and 24min30 +/- 10 sec.

Auto exit if I saw conviction aura, otherwise merc and I survived fine.

It will be very fun to twiddle with this event and RNG gives some spice to get good gold drops for one 10M run.

2 Likes

Optimized the build a bit

New time : 23:30

1548%GF/1868%GF
Changed Wealth for Enigma
New Amulet +2 barb skill 78%GF
Dual Dwarfstars
Gheeds with 160%GF
2 new warcry gcharms with GF

Merc :clown_face: (died 2 times)
Upped GA
Ebotd GPA
CoA

Gear at start

4 Likes

i think andy + coh is better than coa + ga

1 Like

Is this on ladder or non-ladder?

It’s for non ladder my dude

Edit: prizes will be given in NL at least lol

1 Like

I know - I was replying to ALDO since I saw the “Past” checkbox next to his shared shash.

Edit: I see him joining as a NL character so all good.

2 Likes

Nah this can be for Ladder too.

1 Like

Ladder and non-ladder are quite different so that’s why I suggested this be for NL only.

1 Like

Just tried a few runs getting 3.4m gold. Found a Sur rune yay, but not posting good enough times. Need more skillers…

3 Likes