Blizz Forum Gold Rush - December competition

I didn’t think ladder and NL had much difference for gold finding.

The times posted by Nethi and ALDO are wicked fast. It’ll be hard to improve much on them.

2 Likes

Ladder monsters have full 100% HP, non-ladder is only 75% life.

1 Like

I can only participate in ladder but you can see my stashes in a video anyways :smiley:

2 Likes

Please do get involved!

There’s a weekly prize for a non-speed based category.

Well its ladder, but I just found rare boots with 20 faster run, 22 fire and poison resist, Repairs, and 80% Gold find. Worth anything?

2 Likes

Wow, it is hard to ignore all the items that drop.
For my baseline, i picked up, ID’s and sold items like i usually would.

Toul - lvl 91 Barb - 37:30 - Act 5 Merc LW, Grief, CoA, GA
1,865gf // 2,315gf (394 from charms)

Berserk Barb, Grief main hand, Wealth, Chancies, Dwarfs, rare boots, gf amulet. Charms mainly Warcries gold find & All res gold find.

Going to try no item pick up, swap to Act 2 Merc and Swap to Enigma.

2 Likes

Really good, if it had 30% FRW, I’d buy it myself. In general, up to 40% poison and 40% fire res is possible.

1 Like

It is nerve-racking to ignore all those jewels and charms. Not to mentions some rares. I’ve found that you could fill the cube nicely in one of these 10mil runs with some stuff that seems valuable, which you can id afterwards, not really hurting your time that much

1 Like

The eth ogre gauntlets i left on the ground haunt me.

I did a full Tilt, no item pick up run. Much faster. 26:16, 17 runs total.

But the load times on switch are a bit brutal, 19-22 seconds to load into the game each time.

3 Likes

Damn that’s impressive, taking into account the load times on switch, gg

3 Likes

First run with eBotD merc. 23min54 sec. Gear at 23min55sec.

10m Gold rush. #1 run Barb singer horker w/eBotd merc 23min54sec. - YouTube

2 Likes

I’m comparing just Act 2 Ebotd Merc vs Act 5 dual grief or Grief + Last Wish.

Act 2 might merc ebotd seems to do much better.

Not sure if anyone else has tried the same test.

I will try that at somepoint. Second run of the day 21min39 sec :D.

https://youtu.be/jYbjXKsEHZE

Third run last night 20min45sec, 15 runs.

https://youtu.be/JEk11PeMnDc

Switched off hand to harmony to save some seconds running time. Not really needing offhand buffs.

4 Likes

I will make a GF barb too I guess. Toul talked me into it haha.
I was thinking to just use the gear I have laying around. But I just got a 3os goldfind tiara, so now there is no way back :grin:

6 Likes

all right all right :muscle:t4:

1 Like

Congrats mate, that was wicked fast!

2 Likes

Congrats, very impressive time! When you make infinity for merc people prefer faster weapons so just out of curiousity why not GT, GPA instead of War Pike? I am thinking to replace my eth Bonehew, but I want to make sure I pick the right weapon for eBotD.

1 Like

To my understanding, infinity has crushing blow that is why it needs attack speed. Botd deals physical dmg the most so war pike is the most popular base for merc because of the high dmg (~26% higher dmg than GT)

1 Like

The thing about infinity is council conviction cannot kill merc then.

I have not been having issues anymore with council conviction and merc. Life leech bonus from CoT and BotD (26%) does the trick for merc survivalibity. Just need to tele him out from phys immunes and he’s doing fine.

Did two TZ runs as well last night and needed to use potions only for myself even with conviction aura. Time for runs (21.27 and 22.30ish) were surprisingly close to non TZ ones. Single runs were bit slower but more gold from mons compensated it.

2 Likes