Black cubics on screen whenever worms appear

Hi,

I am using a Surface (i7 10th Gen, 16GB Ram) that does not have a dedicated graphic, but uses only the processors graphic power. This is though enough for D3 and Catia V5 (3D construction).

For D2:R it is a little buggy, mostly, because even the lowest settings are not really low. But it works fairly and I can live with the “special effects” (looks like the viewer is drunk sometimes). What I cannot live with though is the issue with worms. Whenever they appear (to be specific: I think it is only the eggs and little worms, not the parents), the game is unplayable. Especially areas with strong enemies are an issues, because the only thing, that can be seen underneath the black squares is dropped items. I only see enemies, when they hit me.

If you tell me how, I can add a Screenshot, that shows what I need to deal with. In Hell, I tend to not go to areas where worms can spawn. Act4 and Act2 are a mess with this.

Is there anything known like this? Anything how I can solve it? Any setting I can choose? Already lowered the resolution of the complete Laptop, but does not help with these artefacts.

thx!

here:

that here. No solution for me though (older drivers will not start the game at all)

PS: Please add more stashes and stackability of runes, PGs, keys and essences. The limitations are ridiculous for a hoarding game style.

If you have issues with a specific mob type you likely have corrupt data. If the Scan and Repair function does not fix it, you may need to try reinstalling the game, making sure not to click Play until installing has finished entirely. The CASC filesystem modern Blizzard games use does not like streaming assets while playing. It’s a superb way to corrupt the game files.

Should the above fail, you may be in for a rough ride as IGPs are not supported. Most lack at least some of the necessary DX12 functionality the game uses. The unfortunate reality is that you’re playing on a setup that has no support and almost certainly won’t even get a quick glance from Blizzard at any level. Essentially, your mileage will vary.

Best of luck with trying to get the game to display properly!

Hi, thanks for the answer.

Since I posted, it did not happen again. so I was not able to test the legacy solution.

Fixing the game fiels was not necessary after the scan, so that seems not to be an issue.

And I know, that this is no gamer setup. Since this is a 20 year old game I just hoped, that I can turn down quality as low as possible to play it too. Was obviously not the case. I do not want to revive my gaming laptop, not enough space on the desk after homeoffice equipment is permantly installed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.