Biggest D2r Patch ever

I am handing out pitchforks, barbed clubs and torches :rofl:

2 Likes

Iā€™m sorry that you have to do it, but yall honestly should already be marching after the last few patches.

I have zero faith in the dogwater devs and this patch will either be lacking anything substantive OR whatever they do will be bad.

what bug? Im curious cus i didnt know there is bug with that spell

I am breathing, I am playing the game, I am also still getting 99s on daily bases. I like leveling and will do this no meter what changes they will make. So far I got 4x 99 this ladder, 3x 98, 10+ 96/97

Yet I disagree with what they are doing. Since TZs are optional, there should be significant difficulty increase on terrorized zones. At the bare minimum so we canā€™t spam TZ with any meta build with mediocre gear. Blizzard should give us choice whether we want to grind semi efficient solo (or solo p8) or very efficient if we team up with others.
Instead we got patch with TZs where you farm 10-40mil per hour by joining public baalruns or multiboxing and clearing zones solo.
Worth reminding where did it all start: After Teo and LLama got their 99s on ladder 1 people started crying that they canā€™t compete with high skilled teams of content creators and speedrunners, that repeating 15sec loops to kill diablo is a cheat and that it should be changed. Teoā€™s efficiency was 13.5mil/h by avarage on 98-99, it was a result of having ~8 highly coordinated teams of 8 players working together so one guy can kill one mob alone. Iā€™m talking about 50+ players to get approx 4.5% exp per hour. Now I do 15% on tombs, CS or Baal TZ playing on my own.
If you think that TZs in current state are fine you should go see your doctor.

About people being happy about it - ofc they are, veterans quit already. all people who were hyped about terror zones already quit. Sample: 200 people on my discord playing SCL HCL and SCNL.

not to mention those who got robbed when they launched patch 2.5 on ladder 1 right before some hit 99.

you should verify that info :slight_smile:

1 Like

I really donā€™t think weā€™ll ever get this, so my advice is stop expecting it, then you can be pleasantly surprised on the extremely off chance they do something like that.

1 Like

This is NOT a fact. Here are figures from present as that 2.5M I referenced earlier was old data.
Present player classes in NA playing ladders---- 3,965,194
Current player classes that have achieved Level 99 to date in NA ---- 3,489 = .0879%

These are facts retrieved from the Ladders database. As you can see, it is still extremely difficult to get to level 99 even with terror zones in a 3 month season.

5 Likes

Itā€™s tough to be disappointed when your expectations are low. :smiley:

Right now the only thing I would be disappointed about is if they did not fix the strafe attack rating bug.

2 Likes

They always seem to meet those expectations though. Like really really reliable at making bad moves. Honestly youā€™d figure every once and a while theyā€™d get lucky and do something good, but no, theyā€™re really dedicated to producing bad content. Masters of their craft.

1 Like

good joke. It takes approx 140hours playing with 7 other people next to you.
Sorry it is 1h 9minutes a day by avarage to reach what it used to be highest achievement in this game.

Not many people go for 99 because there is no reason to. Itā€™s not a trophy anymore. Most builds don;t need 99 to be finished, most are capped at mid 80s.

btw today I got 70% exp at lvl 97 while chilling on the forum and watching The Blacklist on Netflix. If this is hard I must be a god then

I understand your perspective and partially agree about sunder charms, but requiring a super dedicated teamwork for super boring and repetitive 99 level grind was not necessary. TZ have its own limits but definitely made the gameā€™s longevity a bit longer.

Devs are too silent about 2.6 patch notes tho

5 Likes

I agree that previous system was not good. In general Terror Zones as an idea is fine with me, but all the numbers are broken. EXP is one thing, The fact that Iā€™ve nearly completed grail on my way to #1 sorc HCL is also wrong. My only MF piece was CoH. (25MF from IST)
got 2fathoms, 2tyraelā€™s mights,etc.
Also the fact that BER runes are now available on nightmare is another misconception.

Itā€™s mostly people just dont have the patience to get through the last 8 levels or so. I got to 92 both seasons and it just became really painful clearing stuff and watching that xp bar not move at all.

1 Like

I played from 2000 into the 2010s. I think they could adjust some of the zone groupings, add some zones, and change the red overlay for indoor zones to preserve the darkness, but the general concept is fine. Acting like itā€™s cause to see a doctor is ridiculous hyperbole.

I will bet any amount of money you want that people would rather see " MUH B00BIES!" than a woman looking like a man with a mans jaw structure(there is a difference between men and woman FYI).

for some reason blizzard nowadays always makes ugly looking characters. ugly doesnā€™t sell.

damn remember the days of nova and kerrigan and the old blizzard? now we get trash like zayra, bridget, nerfed jaina/sylvanas/alexstrasza. the list goes onā€¦

american games is too make the females as ugly as possible for some reason.

Your delusional beyond saving if you thing D2R has 4M players. Just look at steam charts, CS GO which is massively more popular than D2 has around 500k people playing at all times. D2 is semi-dead game you probably looking around 10-20k players logged at all times including bots.

Biggest D2r Patch ever :clown_face: :clown_face: :clown_face:

mark my word , Biggest patch of absolutely nothing :roll_eyes: , and i will come back on this in a couple day , i have 0 hope after all failure bad change

2 Likes

you gotta consider offline players + console players

Which is almost nobody.

because you say so? Ok buddy

No we donā€™t. We donā€™t know anything other than that there is more than the runewords, which will be altered. As to what that entails, nobody but Blizzard currently knows.