Biggest D2r Patch ever

problem with QoL changes such as rune stacking, currency tab, etc is that it would most likely enable even more dupping exploits. we’ve been there already and I’m not sure if we should go there again. This patch one of exploits was due to stash storage overload with items having too many lines (like runewords, crafted rings, etc). Having 100 items on one stash slot could cause problems and I’m not sure if I’d like to see such change without proper PTR testing

1 Like

Those two subjects should never be in the same sentence. A QOL would not be a QOL if it brought harm to the game.

That is a very pessimistic approach. “We had a bad experience so let’s not bother to try again”. It also sounds like you have little faith in the current D2r Team to be able to manage or fix any future issues. Stay in the present and plan accordingly.

sorry. so far they’ve butchered all patches. they’ve enabled duping, haven’t tested horking + sunders, made TZs too OP. I will doubt in any yolo change made by blizzard. they have not enough people in team to test things properly. so we can’t really blame them. is what it is. Also if they chose gamers for testing instead of people who only want to make +1 or +10 videos for youtube, we would have had better game now.

2 Likes

Since d2r runs on consoles and they require approval in their respective update facility, I would think the update needs at least 1-2 days for consoles to get them. Therefore, they either make it available on PC earlier than consoles get it (and keep it inactive), or they time it so the PC update goes live with to coincide the consoles getting the update. I can’t imagine they allowing the ladder to start before all consoles can get the update.

I would guess they’d want some time for the update to be live before the weekend. Therefore, I’d expect it to go live on Tuesday the 14th at the latest. No development team wants to roll out stuff at the end of the week unless they have no choice. If there are issues in the rollout or the update itself, they’d ideally want a few days before the weekend to get fix it.

:crossed_fingers:

I wouldn’t anticipate a large patch. When they say “numerous changes” they almost always mean balance changes, based on previous experience.

I wouldn’t expect new content outside of the runewords, at all. Though I’d love to be wrong.

I wonder if strafe will ever get its AR fixed? If that’s a stealth change in 2.6? Part of the reason I hardly play these days is they take longer to fix stuff than SSG, and SSG is literally a fraction of the size.

At least, that’s the way it feels. idk. I’m just some chump on the internet. shrugs

OP’s expectation is a little on the high side. Patch will probably only be bug fixes, small changes and maybe balance changes. The proposed QoL changes would require a PTR which we didn’t got other than for the new rune words so it’s out of question for this patch.

1 Like

I Just need gem/rune stacking to be happy with the new patch.

This game doesn’t need any fixing as it’s already good. Anything else is a bonus. However, they could also ruin the game with a bad patch or too many changes.

On the other hand , I’m keeping my expectations for D4 low.

The HD overlay is far less appealing that the myriad of improvements that mods have brought to the base game over the past 2 decades. Blizzard needs to get their act together and copy/implement the most popular ones, like loot filters, into D2r. Otherwise, there are legitimately better places for a D2 experience than bnet.

1 Like

Would be nice if they took a second swing at “remastering” the assassin.
:face_vomiting:

I’m still salty they purposely made the Characters look genuinely as ugly as possible.

4 Likes

D3 got “clear hardest content with your potion”. These devs are horrible.

2 Likes

Yeah well they didn’t exactly have a beauty pageant in mind when they were modeling them. This is a game of slaying beasts and demons, it’s not a modeling catwalk.

I think they look like battle worn combatants. Besides, when I’m playing, I’m not gawking at my characters features and/or imperfections.

The complaints of the characters looks IMO are just proof that you can’t please everyone, because not everyone has the same tastes or standards.

3 Likes

The amount of people losing their minds over how the amazon, sorc and sin look bc MUH BOOBI3S and skin aren’t showing is laughable.

You’re here to kill demons and monsters and you are wearing full gear, what are you staring at? For real.

4 Likes

I am glad to see that you hold them to such high standards. Although I can’t personally confirm that duping happened or how it exactly worked. I just heard the same rumors as you from streamers and the community.

I will encourage you to contribute your thoughts on positive solutions in addition to your current feedback. I do agree that TZ and Sunder charms were not optimally handled and are for the time being temporary Band-Aid solutions to a larger core problem the game suffers from.

:100:

Here is why I have high expectations. The current patch has mostly lackluster 8 new runewords, 2 of which have game changing mechanics.

I don’t think anyone here thinks that such a talented team took over 4 months to work on only 8 runewords… If I were to gage what percentage of workload it took to make these runewors, I would estimate it to be 10% of whatever else they have been working on.

Why I think loot filters and stackable materials are sure to come out; functional templates are already out there that Blizzard can copy and paste. Fans here in this forum came out with creative and organic adaptations for these mechanics. Many, many, many players want these two QOL changes above all.

If they keep postponing/ignoring these changes each patch release, it will start to feel like the Diablo immortal announcement. We want the next Daiblo announcement (the QOL changes above) but they gave us subpar content to what they have previously delivered. I also think that Blizzard has been hard at work on these two features way back when the first season started.

Finally, let’s look at D3’s S28 patch, it’s insane. It has everything you could ever want from a patch. Skill changes, new items, new mechanics. It’s the perfect trifecta. It’s a great standard to set for future patches.

I am just providing my feedback, we live in a time where there is fierce competition and optics are important to Blizzard.

Art is subjective, but yea I am in agreement with you. It’s possible they signed contracts with the artist to not change the look and feel of the current graphics.

With some luck. :smile:

I think it’s more of a fantasy shock for many players. When you hear the Amazon’s voice lines, to me it sounds like its coming from an effeminate 18-year-old woman. When you see the updated design in resurrected, she does look a lot older. But I digress as this is not as important an issue as what I have previously discussed.

I totally disagree, and I believe that goes for the majority of the players. How do I know this? Simple, the introduction of Sunder charms has had an incredible player database in Ladder Season 2 with 2.5M players playing ladder season 2 in North America alone. That is incredible. The introduction of Sunders brought new gameplay and new builds in play which were not feasible prior due to immunities. It also brought a lot more thought in the builds with the balance of resistances. This was an incredible move on Blizzards part and I am looking forward what will happen in Patch 2.6.

6 Likes

I do not think that you will have any arguments on this one. The Necromancer looks like a 90 yr old dude, the Amazon looks like a dude with a pony tail, and the Barbarian looks like my dad :rofl:.

2 Likes

2.5M accounts or 2.5M unique IPs connected to servers? I know quite few botters that lost 1k+ accounts this ladder and still made 10s of thousands of dollars selling items for real money. I believe it’s safe to say that your numbers are not accurate and don’t represent actual state of the game.
sunder charms are not balanced, physical/magic is unusable, cold mastery works in 1:1 ratio instead of 5:1 like every other element.
Terror Zones are providing 10-20times more exp than on previous system and on top of it you can’t plan anything, they killed teamwork, killed MFing and many many more. As I predicted on my feedback to patch 2.5 (which you can most likely find on my profile).
Not t o mention that it was meant to be “new end-game” that ended up being same poop with boosted exp and TC87 items dropping left and right. You have right to disagree but these are facts

Another fact is that this game was alive for 20years mostly because it was unique. It was relatively hard at start, getting to 99 was an achievement, etc. Now it’s all free.

1 Like

2.5M Unique IP’s playing Ladders.
What can I say, if you don’t like it, don’t play, there will still be a ton of happy players enjoying the game with these changes. All games evolve, and changes are not for everyone. For those, it is just time to move on.

It still takes sinking dozens and dozens of hours into efficient leveling to get to 99. The sky isn’t falling. Breathe.

6 Likes

Yall are about to be really disappointed whenever the patch notes do drop.

2 Likes