Best hybrid build? Orb lighting or Orb Fire?

I am new to Sorceress and I am am not close to getting an Infinity anytime soon. With that being said I was wonder what the better option is between Fire/Orb or Light/Orb for a low geared sorceress in hell. Thanks.

1 Like

ORB stinks cause of shared cooldowns which cuts down your potential DPS by a lot. If you have any decent control then fireball blizzard will be much better all the way up to Infinity. With some faster cast rate items you can spam multiple fireballs while blizzard is on cooldown and melt down everything and everywhere in the game with decent physical Merc.

4 Likes

Orb+fball. Lightning is not good to split.

2 Likes

Both fireball and blitz are skill points intensive. Putting both together is nothing but disaster.

FO’s damage may look low in surface, but it is the damage per ice bolt, not the whole skill, and mobs can take multiple ice bolt damage, this it is deem to be best skill for dual specting you technically just need 21 pts and you get yourself a decent damaging spell

As in orb lightning or orb fire, that would really depends on which location you decide to be your farmland.

2 Likes

The main benefit of Orb/Lighting is farming Countess IMO.

If you’re planning on doing a big bunch of Countess runs, you probably don’t want to be constantly standing around waiting for your merc to kill her on a pure cold or cold/fire sorc.

You could go pure Lightning, but without Infinity you wouldn’t be able to kill the Dark Archers that can spawn near her since they are Lightning Immune. So Orb/Lightning is a viable way to farm Countess without Infinity and without needing to rely on a merc.

The only problem is With Orb/Lightning if you do a typical 20 points in Orb and Cold Mastery to -100 with your +skills, unless you have really good gear (so you can shift some points from Cold Mastery over to the Lightning tree) you’ll tend to end up with kinda weak Lightning damage until you get up in the 85+ range. Lightning/Chain Lightning take a fair amount of points until they get pretty strong, and unless you are a decent level you won’t have enough points to max Frozen Orb, get Cold Mastery to -100, AND max Lightning + Chain Lightning + Lightning Mastery.

1 Like

Firewall/Orb will destroy pretty much anything. If they are immune to both you can skip or have merc take them out

4 Likes

Not really. All you need is 20 Blizz and 1 Cold Mastery and just some +skills to bump it up. Blizz deals multiple hits over time just like the Orb but stacks up placed damage way better, scales way better with +skills from multiple single pointers and on top of that you can use it with fireball which is super crazy overpowered and fun to use while blizz is on cooldown.

Chance of missing from bliz is far greater than FO. The biggest con for FO is it’s distance, other than that FO is decent.

Blizzard has ice shard dropped around your mouse pointer in a semi random way, and ppl did a calculation with stationed monster only 4 shards will hit on large size mob, 3 for m8d size and 2 for small size mob, and there’s a chance on mob dodging all of the attacks when moving, especially at high speed.

On the other hand, FO is more direct, anything on it’s path would receive damage, and the biggest damage comes from the moment giant ice ball exploding, if you can catch the distance, you can create a pretty good damage with FO.

If you only have 20 pts, investing in FO has a much higher benefit than blizzard in term of point/dmg ratio

5 Likes

Chance of missing? You can just place your blizz and run/tele circling over the same spot and after a while you will learn how to place your blizz. While blizz is doing damage over time and shares global cooldown like FORB you can just melt/stun everything with fireball. Orbn shares CD with almost everything and you cant supplement it with anything really to actually profit from your dual ele spec all the time.

You can practice all you want to hopefully increase cgance of hitting, but you can’t deny the fact that the amount of ice shad drop semi randomly and there will always be a chance to miss

Also you cant deny the fact that lv 20 bliz gives 655-711 dmg over the duration of 4 seconds, which means its average dmg is 341.5 per second, while lv 20 FO is 267-282 per ice bolt, and a mob would avergely got hit between 5 to 15 bolts per cast.

That being said theres a fact FO favor towarfs single target while bliz favor towards group target or large size target, but if you only have 20 to 40 pts to spend, FO or full synergized FO would outcast blizzard or 1 synergized Bliz in most cases.

Yes i can and i will cause youre wrong. Blizzard damage is not split over its duration and its damage/shards DO STACK UP . The main idea behind blizzard is to pair it with some other ultra fast spammable single target/area spell like fireball. You will always be handicaped with FO cause it scales worse with better gear and while undergeared youre still screwed cause as dual ele you cant use both at the same time cause of global cooldowns. You just cut your DPS in half this way. Brilliant

4 Likes

The whole idea around duel spec is to handle immunity, otherwise i can just pump all points into 1 source of damage and make it overpowered everywhere. Your fireball equals 0 damage when you facing fire immune.

Even if you want to go combo, meteor+fireball would over perform your 20 pts bliz…oh wait, i am already doing that with meteor+fireball+orb build

Capping dps? FO gives consistance ice damage toward fire immune with a single mouse click while your bliz has to dance around for a “perfect spot” which could still risking on miss damage. Wonderful.

1 Like

Ä° find orb/firewall great tbh

Although its synergy is 2% only, with 20 points that makes 40% which does incrase it quite a bit

You need to practice hitting with orb to inflict max damage (if you spam it from too far you wont kill much)

And firewall is great for back up for the cold immunes which has 7,5-8 k dmg for me (i maxed warmth not fire mastery) and i can equip merc obedience for even greater dmg to cold immunes since i dont need his insight anymore (you dont need it much in combat with timered spells but)

İ had fireball before and it had around 2-2,2 k dmg but it is not a good cold immune backup skill since (1) you have to kill nearly one by one (2) fireball is hard aim at the immune since something always gets in its path to the cold immune —> for this reason even though i havent tried myself blizzballer imho would not be a favorable build for me

Ä°f fireball is main attack and orb is backup it is a different story

BTW u can spam fireball when orb is in cooldown but its coolsown is so short not really worth it because then you probably woud be casting the 2nd orb later which would decrease overall dmg

Yes and about, Meteorb the undisputed cookie cutter sorc build of all times —> i dont like it either
You get the folliwing skil

1. meteor —> although high damage awful skill to use, quite hard to hit with
  2. fireball —> although a decet skill most stuff is fire immune in hell and aoe isnt great
  3. Forb —> you find yourself using this most of the time since too many mosters are fire immune, but this is considered as a back up spell and not synergized and your cold mastery with 1 pt+skills isnt too beefed up to reduce monster cold resistance to -100

As a result i recommend ORb / firewall any day for a dual setup

1 Like

Are you trolling? If you play dual ele sorc and you even consider 1:1 scenarios outside of boss fights then youre doing it all wrong. I had no issues soloing up to lvl 93 with blizzball. You just need to L2P and consider grouping more then just one single enemy at once.

I am currently running a ice orb, fireball, and mentor build i found on icy veins and I cant complain at the moment. I will say I have ok gear, not the best but ok. and fire ball is going 5K dmg, meteor is doing 15K and ord is only at 500 but does that job to kill cold immunes

Yeah but orbs actual damage output is sheet dmg x 44 (max) if all bolts hit

However realistically you wont hit with all but around 25-30 is a reasonable average

Also factor in the -cold resistance from mastery which can up to double the damage

1 Like

Try Firewall Blizzard, both very high damage, good range

With the number of cold/fire immune mobs I’ve encountered, I suggest putting some points into all 3. The interesting thing with lightning is that I haven’t found many mobs as of yet (I’ve not completed hell) that have both ice and lighting immunity. It seems to always be ice/fire or lightning by itself.

You will be too weak in all areas if you split to 3

And you have static which easily eliminates 50% life of cold/fire immune

In case their are any newbies reading this…DO NOT DO THIS.

Triple elemental is the classic noob trap. No reason to gimp yourself like this. You will suffer a huge loss to damage.

1 Like