Be aware of scammers (Onesnapper#2615)

Hello you guys.

I want to stress out a very common practice here and sharing with you my experience with a particular conman in the game.

!!!DO NOT TRADE with this person!!!

Onesnapper#2615

The account mentor will cheat you! As it happens to me. I was in a trade game, such that I’ve created, for a DREAM helmet to sell, but because of my obvious naivety I lost my item. I reported the guy in the game, but with no avail… you can see the scam below.

You have joined channel: Onesnapper#2615

Onesnapper#2615; can u link it here. Gotta ask group if its a good trade:

Onesnapper#2615: i need for my aurapin

Zaiphy#2120: sec

Onesnapper#2615: oh, u cant link while its on u :slight_smile:

Zaiphy#2120: can here only in game

Onesnapper#2615: hmm

Onesnapper#2615: did u shrift d or ctri d?

Zaiphy#2120: hey

Zaiphy#2120: buddy

Zaiphy#2120: where is teh helm ?

Zaiphy#2120; dont do that?!

Yeah, I dropped my helmet on the ground, without releasing I was doing that … the Onesnapper#2615 took the item and exited the game.

!!!I will repeat, DO NOT TRADE with this person!!!

Onesnapper#2615

So be careful out there brothers & sisters!

4 Likes

Sorry you lost the item but what are you going to report him for? You dropped the item on the ground and he took it…

1 Like

Why are you commenting on every scammer warning thread, blaming the victim? Get off your high horse.

Zaiphy was obviously tricked into dropping the item, between the shift + click vs crtl + click command.

9 Likes

If you take, what’s not yours, then it’s theft, very simple :tipping_hand_man:

10 Likes

Well, I will admit it…dummy right here

We’ve all been dumb, hit a wrong button on accident, scammed, etc.

Last night, I was in a game—rushing to do one of those game name trades—aka “selling Gul”— and in my rush to show him items, I dropped an Anni on the ground. Ofc he picked it up and ofc I knew he would hahah. Oh well i guess

I am sorry OP tho and I wish all on d2 had the forum etiquette that we all Know and love

7 Likes

Wow he did quite well yesterday. He got me for a 16/13 Griffons. Sad part is I knew what we has doing. Almost like I was under a spell. Sucks but I guess it completes my D2 experience.

1 Like

It’s donkeys like that that makes bnet trade a wasteland and the better traders go to 3rd party sites like traderie or here where reputation matters

3 Likes

“Honor is something no man can give you and something no man can take away.”

5 Likes

Yeah that scum got my Dream helm a while back

2 Likes

Good luck to the scammers out there. If you scam in game like this (which doesn’t mean anything at the end) you will apply such skill in real life, the consequences is much more worst than you though and by than begging for forgiveness will be too late.

2 Likes

odd assumption

Really? Glad you just figured that one out.Reporting someone for something you dropped on the ground and they took isnt something someone could actually get reported and get banned for or something cause none of the items we find are our property lol. Nobody ever reads the disclaimer/TOS.Its property of Blizzard.Him actually putting someones account up like that is against TOS rules.He could get himself banned from the forums just for making this post.

Come on voodoo… I know you are a good guy—didn’t you give a Jah away over cottage cheeese mate :slight_smile:
We just have compassion here. Game is hard enough without any of our own or outside complications haha.

Take a look at DHROLIE—he is bringing us early Black Friday deals hahaha

1 Like

Just trying to visualize this. Is it like this:

Someone goes to trade, the other agrees and the trade window opens. The victim picks up the item and drags it across screen towards the trade area, and the perp exits the trade an instant before the victim clicks to place the item in the trade area. The trade area disappears, and now when the victim clicks, they actually end up dropping it on the ground?

Is that what this trick is?

Yeah its BS people do this and if I had an extra dream I would give it to him.Its just D2, people do this and people should know this.Its better not to break TOS rules and put someones account up like this and learn from your mistake.Maybe its just me,if I got scammed it would be more of a “ehh” whatever and I would just go make a new game and baal run or something.But you know some people take this game seriously as I dont lol.Someone on here said something about me saying the same thing on these posts but they may not realize Ive also posted several types of scams people used to pull in LOD and would tell them what to watch out for.Its funny for people to make arrogant comments like that at me but ignorant to the fact Ive tried to help people and tell them what to watch out for.But the OP has branded himself as a Snitch now.

no, so when your in the chat window and and shift+click to show the item in chat, if you accidentally hit ctrl+click itll throw the item down instead of putting it in the chat for people to see stats

2 Likes

What he does is he asks you to link the item in Whisper (I still don’t know how). You can link in game fine with shift click. He will then tell you that you need to highlight the item in Whisper and CTRL D Click it and poof. on the ground your item goes, he picks it up and exits the game.

Yeah, I have been totally unaware of that functionality until now. Thanks for describing it…

If I run into this person, I’ll play along and drop him a rancid gas potion…

6 Likes

Yeah I accidentally dropped a last wish one time :joy:
The guy took it and let me buy it back for Sur… (he wasn’t a notorious scammer, just a jerk).
I wasn’t tricked into it, I just have fat fingers I guess haha.

2 Likes

I remember this mate!! We had a whole thread of crazy stories lol

Never trust another person’s mouth
You can always put it in trade window to let them view
Never never press accept button unless they press it first and you check the item before u accept
Stay safe.