Banned for NO reason

I just received an email while at work that my account is banned for ToS violation and have appealed instantly. This is outrageous!

In my D2:R gameplay and my over 20 years playing Diablo I have never been so offended. I am not even using MH or some boost enhancing software and got banned?!

All my activity is to get my FoH to Chaos and run around 10-15 hours a week to check off some Holy Grail items and got banned??? It’s pretty offending to get such a treatment on the first place and very suspicious.

My machine has VPN and some work stuff, but nothing is usually on as it interferes with Battle.net. All I have on while playing is some Java/Python automation tests that I perform for my QA analysis for a well known worldwide company with AI integration while I have several home office shifts in the week. This was never an issue with over 10 years WoW that I played while automation was going on in my machine.

And now I get a ban mail from Blizzard with ZERO explanation that my account is banned?!!! It’s also very offensive as I am a high stakeholder in the company and it’s in the first place in my dividend portfolio, which will result in me stealing from myself if I cheat and risk loosing the 40 USd/EUR invested in the title.

Pathetic Blizzard! There is no other answer to this, even an ‘‘owner’’ of the company can get your zero logic threatment.

1 Like

I’d rather they overban and have some accidents than under ban.

3 Likes

If you are 100% sure that you did nothing to violate the Terms of Service/End User License Agreement, that’s what the appeal process is for. It could very well be a false positive, especially if you had automation scripts running on your system that had no interaction with the game.

1 Like

The email you received would have given you the category. Usually something like using third party software/botting, exploitative gameplay, Disruptive chat, etc.

Blizzard’s hacks team does not care about that. How much you spend, how long you play, and if you happen to have investments does not matter.

Well, it seems you have some personal concerns about that but I have no idea if Blizzard’s detection software would interact with those programs or not.

This is the ONLY thing you can do. They accept appeals via ticket and will review the logs to verify the detection criteria matches. There can be false positives at times so that is what appeals are for.

4 Likes

This was never an issue with WoW that supposedly has 3rd party tracking and harsh ban system.

Different game, likely different detection algorithms.

1 Like

Detection and enforcement across the games is not the same. It also constantly changes and improves as the Hacks team improves detection.

P.S. Posting about individual Account actions on the forums is against the forum rules and you may find this thread gets removed. The only means to deal with this, as you seem to know, is your ticket.

3 Likes

If you believe the automation scripts you were using are the cause, offering them up to Blizzard for analysis (if possible) would likely be a big decision maker in overturning the account action.

Not saying i believe or disbelieve you, but when colored titles start saying things like this,

Then you may on to something. They may be searching every single customers computer for things that they dont like and just auto banning them.

And they will make this thread dissapear so other people dont get scared. We will never know the truth about how deep into our system that they have rooted themselves into.

Dont be surprised if they have taken over your webcam and are watching you play the game.

These folks are sick in the head.

1 Like

No.
They just detect modifications to the game itself like maphack

1 Like

I dont believe you. I have downloaded and installed blizzards Loader which in itself is a hack and i gave it permission to take over my system.

lol. No. What the use is akin to antivirus detection looking for specific things but they won’t tell you what.

I am letting the person know that Blizzard has never allowed it. There is nothing really to be gained by forum posting. It turns into one side of a story so Blizz just does not allow it.

You can check the Code of Conduct if you don’t believe me that it is standard policy.

Discussing Disciplinary Actions

This category includes:

• Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a player, including chat logs and email correspondence between a player and a Game Master (GM)
  • Creating posts or threads to discuss disciplinary actions taken against a character or account on the forums

If a player is found to have participated in such actions, they will:

• Be given a temporary ban from the forums, depending upon severity

If you have questions or concerns:

I would rather they understand why a Mod might come along and remove it. It has nothing to do with tinfoil hat sort of theories.

Oh i believe you. Everyone has a standard policy that is not public information.

But… it IS public information. It is also announced and linked in the Pinned welcome thread for the forums.

I am just going to assume you are joking or something.

3 Likes

Some of it is public information.

If they are investigating someone, then it becomes private information and they dont have to tell you HOW they are investigating you.

Oh, that, yes. They won’t go into their exact detection methods. Bot makers and cheat makers would LOVE that info! Blizz is not going to make it easier for the bad guys.

They will tell the player the category of the offense though. Almost 100% of the time the player knows what they were using. Exceptions are on shared computers that could have software running the account holder does not know about. This is why I don’t log in from a computer I don’t trust/know.

Another is allowing a minor to use the account. While technically allowed to share with one minor child they are the legal guardian of, it also means taking responsibility for anything that minor does on the account. Some make very poor decisions then the parent pays the consequences.

Last is compromised accounts. Those tend to be abused by bad guys to bot, trade, sell, etc. They don’t care if they get banned. They just steal another. If Blizz can prove via records the cheating happened during a compromise sometimes they will restore access to the account if they can.

They don’t allow account sharing though - so unless it is really clear it was a compromise, the account holder is stuck with the consequences.

This is one of the reasons account security matters. Having an account stolen and stripped then banned sucks.

If that happened to the OP hopefully the can help them. If not, hopefully the OP learns the category of infraction and does not repeat that if they return to the game.

2 Likes

That’s a whole other can of worms. If they’re the IP of the employing company, OP can’t just hand them over as they probably contain sensitive information.

That aside, I’d be a bit concerned if Blizzard’s warden software considers something as innocent as running python scripts as a bannable offense. That’s a really long bow to draw.

ah there you go, you broke the ToS

That’s why I said (if possible).

If he can’t, then he can only accept the consequences, rebuy the game and not play the game while the automation scrips are running. Or use a separate machine for each activity.

No, they did not. Using a VPN is not against the rules on modern Bnet.

It was something that the old Bnet for D2 (2000) would slap a 2 week suspension on you for though.

Blizz does not review outside software and deem it “ok” to use. They also don’t get into a back and forth with people arguing the details. That tends to also give the bad guys info they can learn about Blizzard methods.

1 Like