Baalrun Etiquette

Well, once you get a group, go private and voila, no mfers. Or set a level lock … there are options. You nor anyone else will set any kind of rules for open games, no matter how hard you try. YOU are NOT in control!

You can just leave the game early and make the game yourself duh. Baal exp maxes out at players 3 btw

it maxes out at 5 players. been known for years.

there is a difference between rules and etiquette.

im simply outlining some “good manners” or “behaviour” for people who maybe would like to be good players and not be a nuisance.

obviously many are not interested in such conduct and everyone is free to be a bad player or to BM. im fully aware of this.

but make no mistake about the fact that i am in control when playing.

there are various ways to get rid of players in your baalruns.

You wish you were in control. Control is a fallacy. Get over yourself. Make no mistake, people will do as they please in open runs, whether you like it or not.

4 Likes

The best Baal etiquette is

1. ask blizzard to add players 8

&&

1. ask blizzard to add “King of the Hell” endgame mechanic to the game

Both having the same effect of not having to deal with other players in games

So no players, no rules, therefor all rules are respected

2 Likes

These are for your private baal runs right? Good rules if so… Public games, hah, everything is fair game in a public game.

3 Likes

this hungyj guy is a troll but its a common misconception that baal xp maxxes out at 3P.

for everyone interested in learning about maxxing out baal party xp, baal xp maxxes out for ONE PLAYER in a 3 player spawn. meaning, if you play singleplayer you would set the game difficulty to 3 players to achieve max xp while having lowest life of baal.

1p BP -> max xp @ 3p game
2p BP -> max xp @ 5p game
3p BP -> max xp @ 8p game
4p BP -> max xp @ 8p game

in other words, if you do a 4 player baalparty, each leave before someone enters chamber is a xp loss.

also note, that if you get a fullpalyer baalspawn and you only see 3 people in baal party, you could easily get invited to baalparty even if you are lower level and gain extra xp.

this is how you spot good attentive players which you would add to a friendlist to maybe run closed runs one day :wink:

1 Like

Blizz themselves announced years ago that online closed bnet 5 players would gain max exp and drops. Can’t argue with the creators.

you can look at the experience you gain when pressing “C”. and there are xp calculators out there made by the most dedicated players and they are correct in their calculations because i checked if they are.

this is simply a false statement or taken out of context, same as people take it out of context that “max xp is at 3 players”.

yes it is, for a solo baal kill. thats a scenario which happens 0 times online so really most people simply parrot something they heard a streamer say instead of learning the game.

1 Like

My bad I was wrong.
So what is your highest lvl character?

1 Like

As much as these points if followed allow for a perfect Baal run.

You can’t get mad at people for not following them… it would be nice if they did but who cares if sometimes you get an MFer or no XP in wave two or any of the others. In the end you’ll still get XP even though it’s not the optimal amount.

If I ever saw someone getting upset at someone doing/not doing any of these things I would probably tell them to relax and just keep playing.

3 Likes

Etiquette doesnt exist in this game, there are no rules.If you can do it everything goes.Surprised me when people would say Go or G for dueling lol. I was like yeah whatever and just went out there.

currently top 50 paladins

this post was more intended to simply help people who are interested in learning. i had to relearn almost the entire game when d2r was released so im simply giving that knowledge back for people who maybe wonder about stuff and are interested in being good players :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Rules for being a good host:

1. Leave immediately after the last wave dies and make a new game as quickly as possible. Baal is useless until like 97. Just go.
  2. Don’t waste time saying NG. We get it. Just go and make it immediately.

Weee

I my post was intended to simply say that no one should get upset if people don’t follow it.

1 Like

Don’t make a public game then and make a private one where you set rules.

I consider /p8 hell cow runs leveling not Baal runs. Baal drops good stuff so of course people are going to magic find.

See my response to your #1.

Nope. Sorry. See my response to your #1.

See my response to your #1.

Actually see my response to your #1.

Is this OP for reals? LMAO what is up with all these insane threads today?

it’s up to host obviously if he wants to do baal or not, since he is the host.

it is his game and you respect how host wants to level. some want to kill baal just for the loot.

its not a starbucks, karen. host doesnt owe you anything. you can always make your own run.

hence, respect the host.

It is NOT his game. It’s an open game on bnet that anyone can join. Now, he can make a private game with a password and claim it as his … but as soon as it’s a public game, he is nothing, nobody, has no control, owns nothing, has no say whatsoever, no matter how egotistical with control issues.

1 Like

the animosity and opposition in here is simply unbelievable.
leecH good thread, unfortunate for some of the attitudes and responses.

3 Likes