AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

I’ve been following this forum basically since it started. I’m more than let down that I can’t play.
Just to be sure, I press play, and then it launches to a black screen for half a second only, then crashes and says “unexpected error”. Is this different from what you guys are experiencing? I tried reading another thread that sounds more like my experience, but there’s only 16 comments on that one- including one comment from tech support that suggests what to do… which fixes nothing.

No its the same issuee, i cant press play aswell and game crashes aswell.

Sorry I must’ve misread what you said before

pressing “play”… 5-7 secounds later nothing happens and i can press again “play”… game does not even load on my desk… i am waiting for a solution since yesterday 5PM

3 Likes

That is not the issue we are having here. There are other threads for this problem.

Yes, this is a different issue. The issue we are having is this:

1. We press “Play”
  2. The launcher says “Now playing”
  3. The button returns to saying “Play,” despite the client never actually opening.
1 Like

I am redownloading d2r right now from new and lets see if this is solved.

I searched on the net for avx problems and this case is already happening at Ubisoft with the games assassin’s creed odyssey : results the players won the case and had a patch to play without avx there is only hope that blizzard will do the same thing… if not it will be mass refund… and I the first:frowning:

1 Like

Just checking in this morning, again, for the game I pre-purchased so I could play it on release on the PC that ran the beta at ULTRA settings with a I7 930 chipset. I find it hard to believe that we’re a small group of people.

I just want to play the game, solo is fine. I’m not some leet dude from the ladder days that’s being mad he can’t power level over everyone…WE JUST WANT TO PLAY THE GAME WE PAYED YOU FOR BLIZZARD.

that’s ok, and no more illusions left.

este no es el hilo esto es para gente que como yo no podemos reproducir el juego por culpa de no tener procesadores con AVX xD

Is there seriously still issues besides the AVX patch? I’m wasting my time here…

Yeah I’ve been waiting since 11am ET yesterday when the game was supposed to “be available to play”. Jesus and people wonder why there was an exodus to FF14? Squenix would have actually done something about it and given us updates and some kind of idea wtf is going on.

2 Likes
  1. I press “Play”
  2. The launcher says “Now playing”
  3. The button returns to saying “Play,” despite the client never actually opening…
2 Likes

The only info we’re getting is from Twitter and it’s basically from mods that seem to be taking a couple minutes away from the champagne party to give us tidbits.

It went from: “There’s a fix going to QA before being deployed”
to
“The fix didn’t work. We’ll try again tomorrow”

The same guy that said that stuff posted a picture of his friends list all being on D2R and cheering about its success.

They don’t care about this problem.

4 Likes

What a load of crap. I’m curious how many of us are having this issue? I know Blizz will never say, like they never reveal their server counts. That’s fine. I’ll just go play FF14 because, you know, it works and the dev team actually listens to their players, especially if an entire population of PC users can’t even use their product.

1 Like

“Hey Blizz, we wanna play too”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Wrw3c2NjeE

It’s 5am to them they are off work we will be wait 5-6h till we get some info.

Honestly, it’s sad they don’t have an IT and programming team watching the game overnight to make sure it’s stable and working on a fix. It was launch day for Christ sake.

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting since the launch

3 Likes

Im 3 days off work i dont sleep to wait and they say tomorrow this is just great

3 Likes