AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

I have an I7-8700 with GTX 1060 and get the same problem. I thought the newer chips had AVX support?

considering my computer loaded windows 10 from a complete wipe from my hard driver in 25 mins you realy think i need a new computer it took my labtop thats 10 years old 10 hours to do the same processes

I dont use an Nvidia card
My intel processor supports AVX i7 6700k rx 6700xt

Same crash as countless others - Play->Logos->Cursor appears->Crash/Unexpected error.
Tried reinstalling, scan+fix, run as admin, and other solutions.
Fix or refund. Charging full price for reheated nostalgia is ridiculous enough.

still not working…=( shame on you blizzard

3 Likes

Probably as much as it took them to replace the existing code to allow them to use the AVX in the final version.

2 Likes

Im not sure but im guessing the implanment of avx is why we are crashing
Ive be able to play the game for about 20 mins even with the avx crashes mostlikely when they removed avx req about 7 times sence release but ive been playing on ps5 and if theres a char on my screen after i log into the battle.net server it usealy crashes with no error box

1 Like

You can play the game & you have AVX correct? So why the hell are you here stirring up non-sense on this forum? The point of an AVX fix is that there is a large portion of players who can’t play whatsoever due to AVX being “inadvertently” added. This is due to blizzard’s negligence. Now they are trying to fix it. This has nothing to do with crippling your pc that already has the AVX architecture & is functioning properly. Just stop posting & go play ffs.

So i reiterate, the point is for everyone to be able to play whether they have AVX or NOT because you know that should be their #1 priority. Having a game that actually functions for the entire player base. Cause the reality is our PC’s are within the spec range. Whether you believe that or not nobody cares. Take your trolling elsewhere. Somebody with AVX take this troll’s ear already. :rofl: :clown_face:

13 Likes

imagine having an open and closed beta, test if your pc can run the game, run it on ultra without issues, release comes out and this happens, you are just being ignorant. so idiotic

2 Likes

they have also stated that adding avx requirement was never meant to happen

3 Likes

Try to turn avx on bios, intel arc says you have avx2

2 Likes

that actually is possible and kinda sad, that the DEV´s didnt care or saw or had the order(or time) to do so.

1 Like

buenas gente alguna novedad?? quiero viciar tengo el juego desde el primer dia de lanzamiento jugue lo mas bien hasta llegar al acto dos y ahora no me inicia… pero cuando pongo en modo local si me deja. es todo lo mismo?

I run an i7-65000U with Intel HD 520. I’ve got 8GB ram. HWiNFO on my machine shows AVX in green…I’ve updated windows 10, run the Intel Driver and Support Assistant and updated drivers…I think I saw that Intel HD 520 supports directx 12 just fine…
What’s the issue? Why does the game crash after “play” > black screen > error? I bought this computer in 2016. Am I really not going to be able to play because of old specs? Everything I’m hearing sounds like my experience but I can’t figure out why it crashes.
Any geniuses out there able to tell me definitively if my setup is obsolete? Chances of Blizzard actually addressing this?

Is it just me, or they keep removing posts, so it wont turn to 10k already to avoid even more problems, im still waiting for a patch but with each day i have less desire to actually play it tbh… if it wont happen by wednseday evenign im calling it a good day to refund

1 Like

Your CPU definitely supports AVX, as does every Intel CPU since 2013/2014. I bet this isn’t an exclusive AVX issue but an implementation problem on Blizzard’s and/or Nvidia’s part.

The best solution would be a simple “Use AVX Yes/No” checkbox.

No I dont think so. It’s possible that many people have just moved on or are just checking for update at this point reducing the number of entry’s.

This has to be seen. To me it looks that the game was supposed to skip AVX if your CPU doesn’t support it (the AVX init error in blz-log.txt might be an indicator). Usually a game polls the system capabilies and sets up the game launch accordingly. In this case, they probably have a bad implementation.

Nombre del dispositivo PC
Procesador Intel(R) Core™ i7-9700 CPU @ 3.00GHz 3.00 GHz
RAM instalada 16,0 GB (14,9 GB utilizable)
Id. del dispositivo 7A74805A-2D40-4C69-B3B4-39CF8AF9F10D
Id. del producto 00330-80000-00000-AA257
Tipo de sistema Sistema operativo de 64 bits, procesador x64
LĂĄpiz y entrada tĂĄctil La entrada tĂĄctil o manuscrita no estĂĄ disponible para esta pantalla

esta es la pc que tengo, me pueden decir como habilito AVX? gracias

disculpa te hago una pregunta como te figura el AVX en la bios para activar?