AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

No. All i wanted to say is that in my opinion, time comes when hardware needs to be replaced. In my opinion every 5 years is a good frequency.

this is a blizzard troll get out of here if the game works for you

7 Likes

I know what you wanted to say. What almost all the people with the AVX problem are saying is why using the AVX in the first place? Thereā€™s a ton of games out there that are a lot more graphically demanding than D2R. And yet they are running at max specs even for some of the people who have 10 yo computers. Mine is 4 yo and i canā€™t run D2R.

12 Likes

Š’Š¾ŠæрŠ¾Ń Š“Š¾ ŠŗŠ°ŠŗŠ¾Š¹ ŠøŠ· ŠæятŠ½Šøцā€¦

1 Like

Maybe Blizzard should make it configurable and not mandatory to use. If possible.

Yeah, AVX being a requirement was never mentioned beforehand. In fact it isnā€™t even listed on the system requirements now.

2 Likes

Well iam looking forward for playing again next week.
I hope they will solve the problemā€¦
I really hope so

Well, I canā€™t do anything but hope so:
Let hope together

Have a good start into the new week.

2 Likes

AVX is supported by Intel CPUā€™s since 2013/2014 such as i5-4460. I have one and the Intel diagnostic tool confirms the support. I bet this is isnā€™t an exclusive AVX issue but an implementation problem on Blizzardā€™s and/or Nvidiaā€™s part.

The best solution would be a simple ā€œUse AVX Yes/Noā€ checkbox.

4 Likes

Hello Blizzard, first of all I want to tell you that I type this with my middle finger.

I still canā€™t play thanks to your AVX bug, I want you to feel bad. See you in the morning.

20 Likes

The minimum CPU listed has AVX. Most people donā€™t know what AVX is, so they kept it simple, but they listed the oldest CPU that does.

I am all for a check when the game launches to see if you have it, then it can enable it or not. I am not sure how much recoding will be needed, Iā€™m sure it wonā€™t be easy. The whole game from beginning to end would have to be tested again and everyone wants it immediately. Maybe a PTR branch is needed like with WoW.

All I am asking for donā€™t cripple the game for the people with AVX.

As far as spec goes knowing if their CPU support AVX is probably beyond most people. Requiring advanced knowledge of hardware from the client is probably not the best of idea. In fact, I would not be suprised if most people did not know it existed before this whole situation. If it was a requirement, making before hand mention of it would be necessary especially since it was not needed in the Beta. With that said they already stated that adding it was not intended so theorizing about cpu being under the spec as a result of being older then indicated in regard to this is irrelevant.

14 Likes

I am one of the idiots that booked from the 23rd of september to october 4th to play this game and i cannot because my CPU is i7 920.

6 Likes

I have a 5 year old rig with an 8 year old CPU and motherboard. Played COD MW at max settings 100-120fps. Keep in mind I also played original D2 on a 98 windows with the floppy slot when I was 7. Aggravating to see my childhood games being crippled by Blizzard.

6 Likes

Tā€™inquiĆØte tā€™Es pas seul, mĆŖme chose mais jai un i7-940 haha

considering I have a i7 4960X @ 3.60GHz with 3601 Mhz and i was able to play pre order beta but once they force enabled AVX in open beta and release I meet the min req and still cant play Just b/c of shady AVX being implamented

8 Likes

whats a CPU I dont even know what that is let alone all this other talk as far as crippling the game it wont its 20 year old game with new features and upgraded graphics dont know how you can cripple something that windows 95 could run the game back in the day

1 Like

bruh :roll_eyes: glad im always used to being the underdog in every situation in life.

thanks for the reminder :+1: :call_me_hand:

Yes we can as long as they meet system requirements.

1 Like

Do us all a favour and shut up.

4 Likes

I suppose you are the one who should change PC as most of us with 10 years old processors run beta perfectly on max settings :wink:

2 Likes