AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

Nope, it would just mean that floating point calculations take longer without the assistance of AVX. And D2R makes heavy use of those. AVX is just a hardware-based Turbo so to speak.

1 Like

Just stopping in to wish Blizzard to eat sh1t and good riddance. Dead company deserves to fail. New and better ones will take their place

2 Likes

disculpa estas hablando de la mia?

This tool can identify all specs (just C/P the link and remove the blanks):

https: / /www.intel.com /content /www /us /en /download/12136 /intel-processor-identification-utility-windows-version.html

Yea I removed my post for some reason I looked in the wrong place on the page when looking at the spec for his CPU. it does have AVX2.

Wellā€¦ I built a new PC for the most part so I could play this 21 year old game (lol). In case anyone was wondering, it loaded immediately for me as soon as I started it on the different processor. Same install of the game on my same HDD.

1 Like

Again, this is certainly not an AVX issue but an implementation error on Blizzardā€™s and/or Nvidiaā€™s part. I have an older i5-4460 and it does support AVX, yet I get the init error. A potential error could be that the game/driver only support certain processors with AVX/system configurations.

1 Like

Well it is beyond my knowledge at this point so Iā€™m just trying to help people with whatever information they gave us.

1 Like

Im still lurking, waiting for a fix. But during Iā€™ve dug out an managed to recreate the right conditions for an old save file of Skyrim with a whole bunch of mods to work without crashing from back in the day. Skyrim really holds up. Even if they make a fix Iā€™m back in a character I spent 100+ hours in and Iā€™m hooked. D2R is just gonna have to wait or just collect dust. Its not the best old game Iā€™ve ever played.

It probably has been mentioned but Iā€™d be a lot happier waiting for a fix if I could just open in legacy mode and get going. My wifeā€™s laptop definitely does not meet minimums but it will open it and I just switch to legacy and it plays fine

1 Like

Most views, most replies of all time. Still just gonna keep this quiet and sweep it under the rug eh? And they will. The gameā€™s popularity will naturally fall off a cliff after the first month. Thatā€™s what they designed for the server load, itā€™s pretty standard for a game of this size/age/pop Iā€™m sure. I am just sick of being treated like beef cattle. All of our complaining, refunding, coming and going; itā€™s all factored in when they make the decisions. They know what we will tolerate and still come back to play again and again. All Iā€™m saying is we should all take this opportunity to ask ourselves if we want to stay in this one-sided abusive relationship, b/c things are not going to change. Iā€™ve been in it for over 20 years, but theyā€™re making it easy to walk away now. Good luck to everyone, best wishes.

5 Likes

Sellout. AVX-Crew donā€™t need you.

1 Like

i hate the part of this, some of them are already playing and having good timeā€¦ and while more of us waiting and just looking at there Vlog giving infoā€¦ i pay this D2 game at the time was not release and now that i waited for so long still no update, and how about your refund not working as wellā€¦ really this is how blizzard play with your Money and timeā€¦

Not true, my G4600 is a 2017 CPU and it does not have AVX.

3 Likes

my PC supports all of the requirements and even supports AVX but it still wont play.

1 Like

|Processor|Intel(R) Coreā„¢ i7 CPU 930 @ 2.80GHz 2.80 GHz|
|Installed RAM|16.0 GB|
|System type|64-bit operating system, x64-based processor|
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
uninstalled 2 times. deleted files upon uninstall the 2nd time in program filesā€¦
What else can I do?

Im in the same exact boat

1 Like

Yeah ive suggested legacy only mode until fix but no answer yet

Nothing
You dont have avx support

D2R will not run on your System because your CPU does not support AVX you would need to upgrade your Mother Board and CPU to a more Modern Cpu and Motherboard

1 Like