AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

No way to buy new processor for remastered 21 y game which should run fine on PC that runs latest WoW expansion with 60 fps on high graphic , srsly …

11 Likes

Such mistakes were unacceptable for the old Blizzards. I was so hoping to play with my friends.

11 Likes

If I seriously have to get a new computer due to not having a graphics card on my windows 10 computer that I got in late 2015 to play the game then Im just going to uninstall D2 remastered. Warcraft 3 reforged and Starcraft Remastered work for me as with Diablo 3 and Starcraft 3 to me thats just doesnt make any sense.

3 Likes

has a lot to do with intel wanting people to buy new cpu’s every gen instead of people like us who don’t need a new cpu when the one we have is perfectly capable as new ones, but yeah, you can thank intel for this which is why I will never buy another product from them again, same with nvidia, I get we need new tech but when its clearly not needed especially for a game like this and intel pay them big bucks to force it, well that will only buy you so much loyalty at least AMD gives out some support even if there is some fps loss.

I just don’t understand why I have problems now at the release and in the betas everything worked fine. The AVX problem didn’t even crossed my mind since it was smooth on beta if this isnt going to get fixed this week refund is the answer. All this charade looks like a scaming call center, but no it’s a big corporation… Shame Blizzard you used to be one of the best Gaming Companies out there now it’s just another money grabbing scheme type of corporation.

5 Likes

to be fair you kinda needed a graphics card when this first came out, unlike a technology zero games need to run whatsoever, it won’t run on integrated graphics though.
not trying to be an elitist a-hole as that doesn’t help, be that as it may with prices for gpu’s right now you need to have a good income to afford even the low range but igpu’s what are your fps? I’m surprised you can even run those games at lowest res and settings.
why would you need a whole new PC? if your cpu supports avx all you need is a gpu.
which is better than needing a whole new pc, not by much but bright side right.

This is how (technical) evolution works. Bring new features and improve performance. In the computer/games industry, you can expect that the hardware you buy today is supported for like 6/7 years, and then you have to upgrade.

you trusted blizzard when they have been lying since day one about everything with d2r?
we don’t even need to mention the farce of we will keep the experience 100 percent to original d2 or the joke (always on us it seems) of wc3r.
I’m taking it as lesson learned, no matter the hype or the nostalgia factor, don’t believe a single word these companies say or do, that way when launch day arrives they can get their twitch and youtube pals to support them, it will also mean they will have to face reality and not go partying saying best launch ever while posting shirtless pics on twitter and blocking any question of why the game that worked fine a few short weeks ago will no longer even launch whatsoever.
let them rely solely on their twitch and youtube friends to buy and beta test for them only to release a completely different build on launch day,
which is still an open question on why they even had an alpha or beta that they didn’t even need, the only answer I can think of is they wanted to build maximum hype,
boy oh boy, we all fell for it only to have the door slammed in our faces when it was opened to a bunch of gleeful of old-school d2 players who just wanted to take a break in their hectic lives, we were all asking for to much apparently.

4 Likes

Meh who knows I may be able to play it in 6 months at this point though I dont really care.
Btw your not a elitist a-hole your just trying to help even if ill wouldnt bother with it frankly Im just a casual player and I havent noticed the other games being at lowest res and settings as I havent done anything to set them on those settings.
Who knows maybe my computers has something built into it as my Dad handles all my business stuff but he knows nothing about computers I just know how to work the internet.
Im just happy playing classic D2 right now.

look up intel paying game developers to implement avx, I saw this one and was blown away honestly. https: // archived. moe /g /thread/ 74181135.
seems these game companies no longer need us as they have intel paying them probably hundreds of millions to implement their crapology on us, intel the way its meant to play us.
we old-schoolers are sol in this new world paradigm being forced upon us.
its going to be the super rich and the super poor, we’ll all be equal in misery soon enough.
well except the super rich but the 99.9 percent of us well no one will remember it wasn’t always like this no matter where you lived.

5 Likes

Holy words, there’s no better way to describe it! beer!

So, thread, what have we learned from all of this?

We’ve learned that it’s time to dump Blizzard products and play other games. That’s what we’ve learned.

4 Likes

the mayans were right and obviously nobody needs AVX I’ve had the same pc for 16+years just GPU swapped… all of this is RECYCLED GARBAGE aka D2 RESURRECTED :wink:

1 Like

so, no fixes unless u buy a new CPU?

2 Likes

Either it’s absolute incompetence or the issue is not in their priority.

2 Likes

I have had this problem before with other games and Idk how AVX work exactly but from my experience it can take a good 2-3 week to fix.

Я не поверю что у blizzard нет резервных копий различных версий игры и всего необходимого материала. Давно можно было обновить до версии без avx. Хотя мне неизвестны тонкости в этом деле, может придётся вручную править код, кто знает.

Жду конца следующей недели. Если обновление будет, то не раньше этого срока.

Not helpful. Is yours working? Why are you on this thread? Kick rocks w/ your up-to-date AVX supporting PC. Go on and GIT NOW

2 Likes

That’s exactly the problem. We have to wait because they decided to use the AVX intructions after the beta…alpha and both beta versions were working for everyone.

7 Likes

Говорили ж, что они на выходных тестят, завтра-послезавтра выкатят, нет?