AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

Ok thanks, I will try that too.

[Edit] It is the same place where I ask for a refund.

1 Like

we on avx champs2 US west ladder if anyoen wants to join’

I only play HC :frowning: you guys should graduate.

Guys my normal Samsung i5 laptop gives the message you all get. Wtf my old Samsung ultra book A9 with 4core AMD cpu and AMD Radeon graphics started the game!! Hohoho don’t buy again INTEL cpu and Nvidia gpu they are crap. Buy AMD razen cpu etc. They work!
I may ask when I try log in battle net inside D2R a message says: you have not been online in the last 30 days. Please start the game while online to check for any login agreements… What is this means?

what’s going on on Tuesday? all I’ve heard from blizzard is they are doing some server maintenance (for about 7ish hours or so), avx fix is not a problem they are working on any longer, they want to focus on their twitch and youtube streamers, seeing they get everything for free over there they need to make sure it looks good on the outside, so yeah if you aren’t planning to upgrade or downgrade to a PC with avx support you might wanna get your money refunded, well unless you want to lose your mind with blizzard saying they need a few more days every few days, this was a successful launch for blizzard if you look at what they are doing over on twitter, oh and don’t bother creating an account over there to ask them what or when the avx issue will be addressed as they will just block you, you don’t think they want reality intruding on their partying while posting shirtless pics do you? its a rhetorical question as the answer is no.
blizzard needs to just say get a PC with avx support or don’t play already, oh wait, they already did.
it sucks, but take this as a lesson of what to believe when blizzard says they aren’t going to change anything then walk it back slowly as they completely change everything. best to let this one go and play something else, I am playing deliverance kingdom come, great game and avx isn’t even needed, I know cray right.
it is what it is as they say.

6 Likes

My CPU/Gfx card do support AVX and DX12, yet I get the init error like many, many others in this forum who have a much better system than me. It is a programming error and they’re gonna fix it.

Now I can’t find it, But If I’m not wrong I read somewhere that the maintenance had also something to do with the AVX fix. In theory they already have a potential fix but they are testing it for few days more to be sure it doesn’t affect other players.

Any way, don’t trust me, may be is just my hope on agony

2 Likes

Dont fool yourself guys, this avx excuse isn’t the only problem with this crap. I have hardware beyond requirements and get constant crashes ingame.

9 Likes

to be fair they didn’t have an avx requirement for the beta which means they either had two different versions, or they added it for a reason, doesn’t matter as avx is the reason we all have issues and whatever the reason it just had to be added or cheated in they aren’t removing it nor will the other issues be ironed out for a long long long time if at all, I’d refund it and come back in a year or 3 to see if anything is better, going on what happened to wc3r I wouldn’t expect anything to really change, but that’s looking at objectively reality which is hard for a lot of people right now with all the problems of the world, it was hard for me but better to take the bitter medicine now and bounce with a little money in my pocket instead of hoping someone with a proven track record of lying and doing some pretty messed up stuff who never does the right thing will do the right thing, be that as it may, I wish you and everyone else here the best of luck on your journey.

1 Like

nope, it was server maintenance, in Europe no less, not a single word on avx.

4 Likes

No AVX fix for diablo 2 resurrect yet.

Waiting…

#FIXD2RAVX
#FIXD2R

4 Likes

#FIXD2RAVX
#FIXD2R#FIXD2RAVX
#FIXD2R#FIXD2RAVX
#FIXD2R#FIXD2RAVX
#FIXD2R#FIXD2RAVX
#FIXD2R#FIXD2RAVX
#FIXD2R#FIXD2RAVX
#FIXD2R

2 Likes

#FIXD2RAVX do it
#FIXD2R#FIXD2RAVX
#FIXD2R#FIXD2RAVX
#FIXD2R#FIXD2RAVX
#FIXD2R#FIXD2RAVX
#FIXD2R#FIXD2RAVX
#FIXD2R

2 Likes

not sure how many times i needa say this but ( THIS FIX IS NOT COMING ANYTIME SOON)

9 Likes

[quote=“DemiLord-1823, post:5931, topic:5579”]
#FIXD2RAVX
#FIXD2R#FIXD2RAVX
#FIXD2R#FIXD2RAVX
#FIXD2R#FIXD2RAVX
#FIXD2R#FIXD2RAVX
#FIXD2R#FIXD2RAVX
#FIXD2R#FIXD2RAVX

2 Likes

Well, I changed my R9 270X by a GTX 970 and now everything is OK…
Good luck everyone ! :hugs:

1 Like

Just wanted to say that I have the same issue and begrudgingly opted for a refund. Here’s to hoping a resolution comes soon!

“[Render/4] [<>:0]: NVSDK_NGX_D3D12_Init failed, error code: -1160773631”

3 Likes

Thanks, sounds like your issue was different than most of us here. Glad to hear it’s working for you!

I requested the refund. Asked it be returned to me in battle.net balance since I prepurchased this back when it was first announced and I ended up moving across the US and had to close my bank and open one up in my area. So they didn’t read my request, refunded it to a closed bank account and basically said “oh well sorry we didn’t read your ticket but we already refunded it so not our problem go talk to your bank”.

After talking to my bank they said I have to visit a local branch in person to request the funds via check. Reminder I live 12 hrs away from the closest branch of that bank. Bank also said if the refund is processed to a closed account it will just bounce back to blizzard

I responded to my ticket with this info and they basically told me “yeah we don’t care, it’s not our problem now, go take it up with your bank”

Long story short. Blizzard doesn’t care

11 Likes

I ended up installing Windows on my laptop and using Steam in-home streaming to play for a little bit today, but I think if there isn’t a fix by Tuesday or so I am going to ask for a refund.

It does work, if any of you are interested. Just install it on the computer with the AVX capable CPU (even if it and the host computer’s GPU are mostly inferior to the one you wanted to be playing on) and then manually add it as a game in Steam. Then sign in with the same Steam account on the PC you would like to play the game on (so you can use your monitor, speakers, mouse, and keyboard) and select to Stream (rather than Play the game). It works, I just don’t particularly want to waste tons of SSD space on my laptop that doesn’t need Windows or games. Also the visual quality here (at least when connected via WiFi) isn’t really all that good when the action picks up. It may work better if you use a wired connection for the host computer. If I just wanted to play D2 with meh visuals though, I could just play D2.

Anyway, hopefully that is helpful for someone if they have another computer that may meet the arbitrary AVX requirement despite being overall a less capable computer.

1 Like