AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

the biggest question… why didn’t they just reskin diablo 2 with diablo 3 stuff?! Why would they make the game so much of a retarded situation that a 20 year old game cannot be just remade and skinned? Something janky is happening here.

we all mostly hated d3 lol

6 Likes

How about uninadvertening the need for AVX for launch ! I don’t want to do the refund thing , I want to play this game .

1 Like

thats what I am saying!!!

Não entendo, como antes do dia do lançamento, não foi testado nem que seja em maquina virtual com diversos setups de hardware, deve existir alguém que possa fazer isso no desenvolvimento. Só considero a Blizzard ou a Vicarious Visions (parte da blizz) deixar passar algo assim tão primário. Enfim, ja pedi reembolso, voltarei somente após o preço baixar e mesmo assim pensarei muito sobre a compra.

WELL. Goodbye till tomorrow to see what crazy thing they say next. Then they will “Destroy documents” of this issue, once they find a solution or just say only AVX supported. You know at the end of the day, we all would buy the game and play it, even if it had characters go missing or laggy servers. At least we would be able to play. It’s a shame that they couldn’t have done things a little different. If AVX is as complicated as they say it is, why was it missed? It was done on purpose with no follow up with the people who helped test the beta. It’s just a huge disappointment, and to continue to lead people on to saying there will be a fix today or tomororow. Possible the weekend, and now Monday.
Everyone refund and look for a fix if they decide to fix it.

This is looking more and more like the tinfoil hat theory of intentionally cutting out a portion of the player base in order to put less strain on launch/servers is accurate.

What’s next? 5G causing covid? Flat earth society is right? Eating your veggies is good for you?

2 Likes

Well, with Blizzard, reality is stranger than fiction. At this point are we really going to be surprised with the lengths they would go to for their own benefit? The company have cube crawls and shreds evidence required by the govt for Christ’s sake.

D3 had its charm.

None of which was story line, engaging quests, PVP or visbility of flexilible itemization.

Mainly just combat.

2 Likes

I think we’re all just guessing here since the devs aren’t getting into details. I just requested a refund myself and will monitor the situation. You can always repurchase if they do fix the issue.

1 Like

Problem is we need to leave behind a large enough sample size of the non-refunded in order to verify the fix was successful.

im not refunding because they will just give it to me in bnet balance and i refuse to to buy another game from them. So eventually i’ll play d2r even if it means a year or two from now when i’m actually due for a pc upgrade. So i’ll know if it works or not.

I am having flashbacks to the dismal launch of Star Wars: The Old Republic…

My best guess,

(Game itself or Anticheat?) rely on memory patterns that are only specifically allowed/understood by AVX. Packing/Padding of data structures or instructions

thats not what avx does

I havent had a successful refund yet so far. Is it always just a refund to Bnet balance instead of sending the funds back to the customer’s bank?

It returns to the original form of payment.

https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/d2r/1930/1932/solution

I believe its just bnet balance. I think if you want to get it back to your bank account you would have to go to your bank and call it fraud. If you do that though Blizzard will ban your bnet account.

100% correct they dont even understand AVX and the history of it

Just look it up, it’s too technical to really explain easily, but in a nutshell it doubles the speed of the processor doing certain tasks. It’s also really not all that useful for gaming applications which is why most games still don’t really use it.