AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

Thank goodness. I sort of had a double whammy with this one. First I topped up $40 to my wallet from my debit card but found out it could take sometimes three days to be reflected. So it remained pending for a while. But impatient little me found out I can just purchase it directly with the same debit card, eliminating the need for waiting for days for the top up to be reflected. I still have the top up refund ticket still open with no response. And if I do refund this and can only be given b,net funds, I would have 80 dollars sitting on my account with me having no real desire to buy anymore games from Blizz.

Why would they reset all accounts? This is the dumbest thing all day.

The lack of “being a good company” at Blizzard. Got absolutely lost. The status of this company is absolutely unbelievable. A twenty year old game where the graphics have only been improved a bit and which is why many people are now unable to play is an absolute joke.

The beta worked for everyone without any problems … I still cannot explain why AVX is absolutely necessary for this game. As a reminder, “This game is 20 years old !!!”

Blizzard could have responded quickly at the beginning by closing the game for a while. And the beta version could have uploaded again quickly. now it’s too late for that!

They didn’t have this path and courage.

Actually, we as players should do a lot more so that our voice is heard a lot more and many magazines such as PCGames, Gamestar etc., as well as Facebook, Twitter and Streamers report on what is going wrong here.

Shame on you Blizzard, you spit in the face of many players who have this problem. We waiting since 5 days now …

5 Likes

refunding is important - it measures how many are affected and will be the only thing that you can do to potentially spur action on this.

Man, still waiting :pensive:

And then they realize they don’t need to make changes because everyone refunded. It goes both ways.

Blizzard has been exposed many times in many sources for the greedy, anti-consumer tactics that they use. Unfortunately that doesn’t stop people, including us, from still buying their products. Hopefully we learned our lesson this time, but we’ll see. lol

well both Fletcher and Drakuloth have encouraged those afflicted with this issue to refund and rebuy when they fix it, you would only ever say to do that if you planned on using it as a tool to measure the size of the problem. I think they are severely underestimating the amount of sold copies this is affecting

2 Likes

Yeah, except this way(refunding now and buying and installing at a later time) would be too much of a hassle for people who have less-than-desirable internet speeds. It took me 5 hours to download this and I prefer it to not go to waste.

Just for you I clicked play one more time so I could send blizzard the grey box of info that says “send to blizzard” with the error code.

Pretty sure they can tell the purchase of mine is an avx issue.

They are well aware of the issue, matter of fact they caused it in the first place. Unfortunately refunding it doesn’t help that much, as far as hurting them. Your original sale still counts in their numbers. So if they sell a million copies and refund half of them they will still say they sold a million copies.

Do you guys really think blizzard is going to create a NON-AVX build then make all current customers redownload the NON-AVX build? Lets be logical here. AVX is here to stay it wont be removed we got played. Your lucky if you can get a refund. Just hope that AVX-2 wont be a requirement for all of our future PC games. Industry is changing bois get ready for it.

We all know the industry is changing, and AVX has been a thing for years, just that many devs don’t program with it because it wasn’t necessary and there is a way to work with it without leaving others in the dark. This has happened before with CP2077 and they (CDPR) were able to fix that.

And I don’t care if I have to re-download the game again to play it. I made room to install it and it wasn’t much either.

So disapointed i can’t play with my friends this is really stupid. Refunded but still hope they eventually fix it. What a big mess up from the devs.

1 Like

Do you remember how long it took for CDPR to fix it? just to give us a reasonable time frame to expect from Blizzard.

how did the first reporter know its AVX related?
I’m not the initial reporter - but I checked with some friends that can play,
those all have AVX supported - mine doesn’t (i7 860)

Now ist narrowed down to the binary of the Nvidia SDK of NGX,
the blz-log.txt points in that direction

9/27 20:00:41.016 [Render/4] [<>:0]: NVSDK_NGX_D3D12_Init failed, error code: -1160773631

It took them 9 days to remove AVX from the exe. (Note that they added AVX back with patch 1.3 last month but a mod quickly fixed this issue.)

Edit: CDPR released a hotfix to remove AVX shortly after the 1.3 avx mod.

Also note that the AVX issue in cyberpunk was much more straightforward than the one in D2R

1 Like

I heard the next day for a hacker to fix it, but longer for CDPR to do it officially. I usually wait for a year or more to buy a game for the bugs to be fixed, DLCs released, and for it to go on sale. But I was stupid with this game and let nostalgia control me instead of my logic. Never again. I still haven’t bought CP2077, even though I absolutely love Witcher 3, and I’m happy for that because I hear it’s still extremely buggy. Wish I would have been that smart with this game. lol

They are fixing it probably. I’d guess we get a patch somewhere between Wednesday and Friday. But who really knows. I dont think they did this on purpose, and its a fairly unique problem to have happen.

1 Like

what you mean? do you think blizzard did this with intent? I believe it was amateurism.