AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

messed up isn’t it. but what would we expect from a company that lied to us and said we would be all set on release then has the nerve to say get a refund if you don’t like it, or even better get a new cpu, like yeah, we’ll all get a new cpu to look at because it definitly won’t require a new motherboard and ram but again that is what they would do as seeing they like screwing with their customers and saying buy a new computer would be the correct thing as a new cpu doesn’t actually fix anything without the rest of the parts to drop it into.
I don’t think they are being unintelligent they love messing with their customers, the last 10 years shows that to be true.

3 Likes

They are afraid it will interfere with other players and say it is a very small amount of peeps that can’t play. But as said many times I can play all there game and much much more advanced but not this game…

this thread has 58.8k views

The refund link actually works…

I got my refund for now. I am going to wait till Friday and if it’s not fixed by then, I’ll just
buy for PS5…

At least then I can level my chars and when they finally fix it the cross progression will come in handy.

They are just looking for a reason to end today, and then repeat tomorrow

yeah still waiting on my refund, been sending a ticket every hour on the hour

2 Likes

Yea, but, you will give them twice the money for their mistake.

Refund done.

Blizzard always was in the past a company to reach as much people as it can and bring as much people as it can together to enjoy theyr games. Not all people will or can spent money into new Hardware if the old works fine in Beta and now it doesnt.
This ladder ist anyway destroyed for me.

1 Like

unless I can refund on ps5 also

If you play it you won’t be able to refund.

2 Likes

lol you are pezradar arent you!

They are just gaslighting at this point. the beta worked 100% fine, it doesn’t even start now.

does that mean they put requirements in for all of the avx extensions? I’m a noob (I know a tiny bit as I been around since the glory days of dos) but I am learning real fast after this fiasco, thanks to blizzard for pushing me to learn how to code now I guess.

1 Like

awaiting refund now
See you all in New World!!

5 Likes

It’d be funny if it’s their in-game purchasing features that require AVX and broke everyone here

3 Likes

I have to put 20 charachters …thank you so much <3

Also requested a refund.
My Dual Xeon rig with 24 cores, 24 gig ram, and 8 gig graphics card just couldn’t handle the power of a refreshed 20+ year old game. :grimacing:

12 Likes

While CPUs without AVX are below our minimum spec

Well you might want to have someone let your system requirements know, because right now it just says you need better than an old budget dual core i3. AVX isn’t mentioned anywhere. There are a lot of processors capable of outperforming that i3 (some by a rather large margin) that don’t do AVX…

4 Likes

Feel like they just gave me a year subscription to the jelly of the month club.

9 Likes

Well I have been patient… I am an old and poor veteran of D2 and had faith that after enjoying the two stages of beta testing this game was going to bring some welcome relief on a COVID hit year, a little light entertainment and a blast from the past.

I got soured a few days ago and believe that some have branded me as “some nutjob” or “conspiracy theorist” well I got myself a 3 day ban for that forum post but the way this AVX thing is developing we’ll just have to see how it pans out. Cant say too much as you know the walls have ears and all that…

D2 Resurrected just became #2D2_Refunded like so many others before me.

I do sincerley hope that they get this fixed so old D2 die hards like myself that sure as hell do not have the latest PC’s can play this 20yr old game in a glorious new coat of paint. I will buy it again if its fixed but for now I’ll sit on my ££££

1 Like