AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

I had the same error with the original. Download and install the patch you can get on blizzards D2 2000 webpage and you should be able to log into battlenet.

So when Cyberpunk 2077 was first launched, it also required (hidden and not on the requirements spec sheet) AVX support. It took them a while to remove the requirement. In that time, someone came up with a workaround by literally opening the exe in a hex editor and changing a block of the games code to not require AVX extensions on CPUā€™s. I would venture that the hex string used for CP2077 will not match D2R.

Oh man, you must not have bought the WoW expansion before last LOL.

23:30 ??? &&&&&&&&&&&???

Jesus christ this is STILL not fixed? Glad I refunded on Friday, unbelievableā€¦

5 Likes

If you google this error you can find a fix from Blizzard. New installation of original d2 is 2 patches behind. You have to manually download the patch off Blizzard. It worked for me yesterday.

1 Like

now i get past the battle.net screen to a black screen that eventually says Not Responding.

Link to this if it exists

3 Likes

Oh! Change your server to Asia to download the correct version. Than back once it downloads/installs. Should work!

US servers donā€™t update versions anymore for some reason.

WTF are you saying man?

You really think we have been sitting here since launch day when it was that simple?

I found that post and tried the same exact modification but it didnā€™t work. It produced a slightly different error in the event viewer, but the outcome was essentially the same. Someone would prolly need to reverse engineer the exe to determine what bytes to change. But if the fix is coming early next week then no point.

Arenā€™t you optimistic :joy:

This worked for me!

You speak words of wisdom ! Thank you ! And if anyone else needs the links for Original Diablo II (2000) battlenet patch is here : Battlenet patch for original Diablo II
If anyone else wants to join in old school Diablo II (2000):
US West, Game name : AVX Champs,
starting lev 1 all welcome

4 Likes

My post is a reply to Antinoos who was asking how to play the Legacy version on Bnet. The Legacy has trouble patching.

No that does not work for D2R.

they probably still got past that bit (which wouldve been the change from no black screen(like on thursday) and then getting the black screen (on friday)) but theres likely still something thatā€™s checking for that which our cpuz still cant do since it would require avx, im sure if it were that easy, a patch like what happened with cyberpunk would have happened, plenty of talented people here probably tried all the work arounds that they knew.

On a side note, the other issue of people being locked out has been picking up steam just in the last hour, +300 posts and majority of them being new players posting that they got stuck, these ā€œfixesā€ arent fixed, so even if our issue was fixed, weā€™d guaranteed be running into the wave of issues that this launch is having.

I see, my mistake. Still riling over this crap.

2 Likes

No worries I am too! Feel like weā€™ve missed out on D2R a little bit at this point.

2 Likes

from what I read off his post, heā€™s not asking how to play but inviting those who can and want to to join with him there, which kinda does beat staring at a forum for a game that weā€™ve anticitpated on playing but havent been able to, i just made plans to go out but i considered it lol

edit: just seen the second part of his first primary post lol sorry, trying to read a lot in a small amount of time hahaā€™

1 Like