AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

You keep saying a QA team is working on it over the weekend. You have all along indicated that the majority of your programming staff are not working on this issue over the weekend. QA in essence, tests the products and builds of the DEVS. It’s not Quantum Rocket Science to draw the conclusion that you are not working this problem at all right this very moment. Your own rephrasing says nothing’s going to happen this weekend because it requires a new game build on Monday… THEN WHAT IS QA TESTING???.. People are getting irate because this looks intentional and your beating around of the bush is pretty awful. Just say flat out you booted old laptops on purpose to throttle the servers. It is the truth. It will settle everyone down… and maybe you get some stars for being brutally pragmatic.

10 Likes

This was extremely helpful. My video Ram is too low according to this. Time for a new build.

So glad i didn’t buy this, it’s disgusting to see, 54.99 canadian, thousands of people can’t even play the game after PRE ordering, this company doesn’t care about anything but profits.

12 Likes

Having this same issue. Was stuck at the play button for the first day. With the latest patch, a game window does open, but immediately crashes.

My CPU is a Phenom II X4 @ 3Ghz. Ran the beta smoothly.

7 Likes

Yeah, the beta played fine. Retail product won’t open. Bait and switch… Hopefully, it is fixed in a patch Monday. If not, a refund request is in many of our futures. Ya listening Blizzard?

6 Likes

Um, took me about 35 minutes or so to DL. Some folks with way faster internet DL’d in 10 minutes.

That public beta testing has nothing to do with testing… it is just for promotion and creating more hype when you let people play for free, probably quite old build with very limited content of the game

Simply Annoying
don’t know why did i paid for that game
Diable " R version on Battle net not launching, even so Diablo 3 launching np
on the pS4 , all was good, not all the characters disappeared and not able to create a new one

Done everything that i found on the internet to fix the problem and it didnt work ,wasted 40 euros for a game that doesnt want to launch wtf!

1 Like

Intel Core I7 920 (beast !) with 16GB ram and gtx 1050 ti 4gb. Bought a new kingston 480gb for Win10 as well. Oh well… Same issue as everyone else. Europe here, so pretty much the weekend is already gone for us. At least I can play the original and slaughter stuff with my barbarian (glad I didn’t format Win7).
On a sidenote, is anyone able to log in Battlenet with the original game ? I play solo game just fine but when trying to enter bnet I get a version error . Thought it would be cool to start a new lev 1 bnet game with others brothers from here !

I am having the same issue, bought this Thursday and installed it ready, have not been able to load the game at all. My computer is more than capable of running this, Is it too late to get a refund and I’ll just not bother playing it?

1 Like

I got my 3rd day refund. They called it “an exception” … which was pretty insulting… but yes you can get a refund if you find the feature BURIED in the support page.

7 Likes

Damn I already lost all illusion, I have even taken away the desire to play it now … too much incompetence this is not the blizzard that the world knew … what a waste of time

9 Likes

Imagine getting paid bobby big bucks for this

1 Like

Some1 can kill anc´s for my play button??

they did it to not overload their servers, it makes sense, they wanted as smooth as possible launch for the streamers to sucker in everyone and make them think there was nothing to worry about, pure genius really, so this will be the next thing people get to look forward to when buying a new game on day 1, its been over 10 years since I fell for buying a game on day one, will never ever ever happen again.

3 Likes

I’m waiting for a little something something after falling to blizzards crap after telling everybody explicitly or not that if you can run the alpha and beta just fine you can run the final game while now telling those same exact people if your system doesn’t meet minimum specs you are sol.
good job on your success with losing even more willing paying customers blizzard, they just dgasf.

4 Likes

so the alpha and betas were different builds? if so why even have them in the first place? to build momentum? excitement?

4 Likes

Real annoyed that I can play it on my PS4 but my computer can’t boot it. My kid has been asking all weekend to play it with me after waiting so patiently for it to drop. How isn’t this fixed yet?

5 Likes

I’m pretty sure they did it so as not to overload the servers. The AVX patch will be ready a long time ago and will come when they think it’s right.

1 Like