AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

My CPU supports AVX and AVX2 instructions. My setup is within specs (i7 7700k, 16gb DDR4, GTX1080, Windows 10) and even then the game crashes. Sometimes I can play for a few minutes, but that’s all, the game unexpectedly closes and goes back to the desktop.

Refunds are currently being issued here:
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/product/d2r/1930/1932/solution

You have 72 hours from the time of purchase to request one.
Sorry to all the suckers that preordered :frowning:

2 Likes

maby you can specify your problem more by comparing the error from logs.

Of course they rushed the lauch or all the same people who are complaining about the bugs right now would have complained if they had delayed the launch. What i think happen is that they probably tested their “final” version of the game they had on computers that they had. There’s hundreds of different cpus and they are working with just a few of them. They just did not saw it coming.

The only thing that bother me is that they are not working on it, since they said that we need to wait on monday. You can’t just launch a game and let it at an unplayable state. They should have made some overtime to solve that problems or launch it on a monday to give more time before the week-end.

1 Like

Just refunded. Kind of lost hype already trying to wait for a fix

3 Likes

I agree in term of developing and testing time, blizzard could take a look to LarianStudios

Currently there’s another major issue taking priority over this

Being that we can’t even launch the game, I find this comment disrespectful to us customers. Are you serious right now?

Come on man, can’t you just give us single player at least? I have payed for this game big time. My country demands arround 60% taxes because foreign purchase, making me pay this game double it’s real value (not your fault I know). So it’s ok you are solving other issues as you should, but please let me have this! I can’t believe Im not able to play this yet, when I could play beta just fine. Come on!

7 Likes

Not if the Major Issue has todo with problems at refunding :joy:

1 Like

Disrespectful to customers is completely accurate. They are saying a certain sect, that had a functional game a few weeks ago, purchased it thinking it was going to work, and they decided they could weed out slightly older or different PCs to reduce server load.

2 Likes

bonjour la communauté,
je rencontre lors du lancement du jeu diablo 2 resurected un problème quand je doit appuyer sur une touche avant d’accéder au menu du jeu sa me met connexion en cours et le jeu ce ferme tout seul.
pouvez vous m’aider a résoudre ce problème s’il vous plait?
merci de vos réponse et tu pris a lire mon message

I know right? I wan’t to see how servers are gonna keep stable once they fix this specific issue and a whole load of new PCs try to connect (if they do fix this sometime)

^well that is not Disrespectful. its maby Pragmatic but they are respectful to the customers

How can you say “the game not launching is a lesser important problem to us than others” and not take that as a kind of offense as a customer? come on man.

1 Like

Est-ce que le jeu réussi à loader? Si oui, ce n’est pas le bon onglet pour le message. Ici on fait lancer le jeu, on a une fenêtre noir avec des contours “comme si ca loadait” et puis ca se ferme pour ouvrir une fenêtre d’erreur.

if i have two problems of which the one affects 80k people playing and 5k people not playing … i take on the 80k people playing problem, just to be sure, that they stay with the game

it is infact a Rare situation that problems like this occur and harder to handle

No. As a big company blizzard is, making a whole lotta money every second, having the resources it has, they should take care of all 85k people on the go.

2 Likes

le jeu ce lance en fenêtré puis après je n’accède pas au menu et après je n’arrive a trouver une discussion sur ce problème et après je n’ai aucun message d’erreur

Do you really think, blizzard would spend more money on this game?

Look at the state it is in. If blizzard would have pumped money into it, it would be flawless and we would have hourly bugfixes and fast support … why? … because more money = more personal. i dont see either.

on addition this game doesnt give a consistant income like wow, or ingame buy stuff. this is another reason.

and YES i 10000% agree with most people here. it is sad that blizzard did spend enough money to have more DEV´s and a bigger Support team and didnt give the time needed to test and develop in a good manner for D2R, especially at release week.

But i just take it like a “sorry our release is will be delayed for 2 weeks” … no difference for me :slight_smile:

Essais ce lien " Game Launches then Crashes " ca ressemble plus a ce que tu as.

I mean they should at least spend the money that is needed to get our game working on day 1. I know this is not a money maker but at least we all should be able to play (at least single player!) since day 1 as we did in beta. This I feel like trying to buy a car, making a test drive which satisfied me as a driver and a customer, and when doing the payment they give me a car with three wheels and no engine, and suddenly only one mechanic is able to work at its own pace. also when asking for answers, the mechanic would say “yeah Im cheking a more important thing right now, there’s other customers which need a paintjob or something”.

7 Likes