AVX Issues / Game Launches, then Crashes on Older Processors (CPU)

It may not work if Blizzard really added support for SSE 4.1 and higher. But I don’t understand why to do this after the beta, this is complete nonsense. And so, these people in technical support look at the system requirements like a bible, if the processor is lower, then for them it is garbage that will not work. Obviously, this is not the case, and even on Phenom you can safely play D2R and still have stable FPS

1 Like

I wont refund this one, I’ll end up waiting it out a week for them to fix basic issues, but I learned my lesson. I wont buy Diablo 4. Burn me 4 times… I guess I’m a slow learner.

4 Likes

I agree I think the tech support is wrong

what a joke… this whole thing is a joke. Catering to streamers and D-bags rather than their main customer base. That fact that SO many people can’t even play a game they paid for after day 2 of launch is ridiculous. Beta worked just fine and now countless people can’t get on to play… I can’t even get a reply for a F-ing refund

1 Like

Refund complete - will repurchase once public bot is available.
Fk Blizzard and Adam Fletcher.

2 Likes

My Phenon II X4 970 Black Edition runned very well in beta test. Relax that your X6 will run it.

1 Like

I have this cpu, and it ran BETA

1 Like

It’s honestly unbelievable the post they made. The LAST thing they mentioned was all the people unable to even play the game.

I was hoping by now they’d actually have it fixed. Guess I got played for a fool one more time.

Hey again everybody.

Work on this issue is still ongoing. Nothing further to share at the moment other than our continued appreciation of your patience and understanding while we investigate the problem.

16 Likes

Thx. I know you can’t say when it will be ready, but could you say “at least not before x hours” so we can stop refreshing this page :slight_smile: thanks

2 Likes

Welp… Big oof. Wasted 1 and a half days of hard earned PTO. Thx! Still don’t get how I could run it in Beta, but not now. It’s almost like it makes no sense at all.

3 Likes

it’s dripping with autism

2 Likes

Is the eta still today?

It makes perfect sense lol it’s done on purpose. If you don’t realize that, thats on you.

Can you give us an update on how far along they are in the process? Are the devs still investigating? Is QA actively testing a solution?

Refund Complete!

You’ve completed the process. The product and amount listed below will be refunded to your select payment method. Refunds can take up to 72 hours to process. You will receive an email confirmation with this order number.

Game: Diablo® II: Resurrected™

Order: #651*****

Refund Amount: $62.14

Ticket ID: US8142****

How much u boys wanna bet I get the refund before you get any patch? LOL
I suggest you all request refund and if a patch happens then rebuy the game if you so choose.

10 Likes

Thanks @Drakuloth , Hope they patch this today. Spent 15 hours trying to get this working and it seems like i’ve hit a road block till they fix this AVX issue. My PC has no problem playing Star Citizen, Doom Eternal, GTA 5 to name a few, never expected I would have a problem playing a game that came out when i was like 16…

2 Likes

Is the issue deeper then just removing the check for AVX capability?

Because it’s the common denominator in all this, and other games have had the same snafu.

please tell us if the developers get the weekend off, before we are refreshing every minute on this weekend!

Much apprechiated

Kind regards!

1 Like

Thank you for the blue post! been watching this forum for hours today and yesterday with only links from twitter to see.

I know that IT is working on the problems but to be fair us on the forums have been in the dark for a while, again thank you for blue post. please keep it up even if its information that we all don’t want, we are all eager to know the situation.

Thanks again.

2 Likes