Are people cool with ladder delay because of other games?

Seeing how it took us 20 years to get D2R, 4 months seems acceptable.

I’d rather they “take their time to make good changes” in the sense that I’d like to see meaningful changes from a capable team, but they’re offering no QoL changes, completely inconsequential RW’s, with the only remotely useful RW being a buff to the most used class in the game, the sorc, and basically doing nothing else at all.

They’re taking their time to do basically nothing at all.

1 Like

I don’t even have character slot space for Ladder, and I’ve reduced/deleted/consolidated as many items and mule characters as reasonably and realistically possible. Wish I could play it once it comes out, but I guess Blizz doesn’t want me to.

sounds like you got hoarding issues… let it go man, LET IT GO.

1 Like

I love the hoard argument for how wrong it is :wink: did you even read my comment? I have the bare minimum amount of mules. I drop 95% of stuff I find in “free” games. I’m still at the character limit, and have been for months. I’ve consolidated all I can. I’ve got rid of everything I will never use. Some people just enjoy playing the game and making characters, that’s me, I have 15 level 85+ characters. Please don’t defend Activisions ridiculous limitation.

But, if you were just trolling to be funny and get a rise out of me, then congrats, mission accomplished :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s more than 4 months and we don’t even have a date. Did you honestly believe it would be 6 months when the game launched before a single ladder? Too many people trying to rewrite history because they don’t care about ladder. Your opinions on the value of ladder aren’t relevant

Edit: I’ve said this in other threads. What If the necro class wasn’t playable and a month before launch they said it would be shortly after and 6 months and no necro. Some people would be pissed and non necro players wouldn’t care. Same thing going on with ladder. Wake up

1 Like

ya but, are you honestly PLAYING that many characters?? that you cannot start a ladder character because of it? common, be real. usually you’re pretty reasonable…

i delete EVERYTHING immediately when ladder starts, everything previous. is trash. wouldn’t even consider non ladder as a character… so to each their own there… but that is not a good reason to not participate in ladder… holding onto old characters you’re probably not even playing that much… be honest with your character slots.

Yes, I am honestly playing all of my characters, and would create many, many more of I was able. You know, like how legacy D2 we got to create as many accounts, and characters as we desired? For the price of one game license? Even to this day we can still do that.

And I would say the same to you…be real. I can’t believe you are actually defending Activision on this. Gross! And thanks, I am pretty reasonable, I thought you were as well, hence my shock and honestly disgust that you hold the view you do. Sorry I don’t delete characters I’ve spent months creating, playing, and enjoying, that’s not me and that shouldn’t even be a thing we have to do, nor should it be encouraged. Ugh. I can’t believe you weren’t trolling. I’m sick now.

And I didn’t even mention this is all only non-ladder softcore expansion, I already am maxed out. You realize there are other modes of the game I would love to play, but can’t? This isn’t exclusive to just me, either. I would love to make some Hardcore characters, and Classic characters, but I can’t because hurr durr 20 character slots. I didn’t even mention PvP either, you realize that’s like, half the game, right? Locked out of making more than the couple PvP characters I have, again because of the ridiculous and arbitrary limitation. We don’t even have to get to mules or “hoarding” and there’s far and away not even close to the bare minimum amount of character slots we need and should have. And finally, like I said, we haven’t even got to Ladder yet. Mathematically, bare minimum, we should realistically have 50 character slots. More ideally 100 character slots. This is as close to fact as it gets. So please think about your fellow players some more, even if you do not care for more slots, or you delete your characters, or whatever however you play, you are just one person. Please try to be more mindful in the future, Activision doesn’t need players to defend their poor decisions too.

1 Like

4 months after release, we were on PTR testing the 2.4 patch.

Nobody is rewriting history. You assumed “Soon” was something and you were wrong.

Your analogy is absurd, not having ladder has not stopped you from playing any portion of the game.

I want ladder as much as the next person, I was tweeting at Rod asking about the Ladder months ago.

Throwing a fit and making bad analogies doesn’t help anyone, but it does make you look like an idiot.

Are you really trying to get someone with a functional head to think that SOON means more than 5 months?
there is no adjective for you.

Me personally D2R started fresh with all ladder only perks, so it basically was a new ladder. Legacy D2 ladder was like 6 month cycle so release until now is not really that different to me.

The game was already released before it was ready and we got lots of annoying bugs, many of which we still have (lobby, Cain id, chat system).

So yeah I’d rather then get it right.

I’m also still having fun because I don’t get to play more than a few hours a week and have lots of characters I like to play, but I can see how someone who plays a lot would be “done” sooner and therefore be bored sooner.

I’m not cool with ladder delay. But I have no choice. And I’m going to play it once it comes out.

1 Like

What’s telling us every single person that justifies this always intentionally uses the wrong words in quotes to soften the argument. The words were “shortly after”. Not soon. Why lie?

Edit : to your other point. It’s stopped me from playing ladder which is the only way I like to play. Doesn’t matter if it’s different for you. It’s the ONLY reason I want to play this game.

1 Like

It doesn’t matter if you aren’t affected or if you don’t mind that much. That doesn’t change the fact they deceived or minimize the rights of others to be pissed off.

1 Like

He isn’t trying to argue honestly. He changed words intentionally because soon could maybe be argued by someone but shortly after could not

1 Like

I mean I don’t have any character slots anyway. So I really don’t much care if it does launch lol.

Yes, just hit lvl 51 in Lost Ark, good thing they are waiting.

I never said others couldn’t be pissed off, in fact my last sentence said I understood why others would be bored with the current game and want ladder.

I merely responded to the thread that was asking why some people were okay with waiting for it with why I personally was okay waiting for it. I also clearly stated in the beginning that it was for me personally.

I’m pissed. I want to hit him so hard that it doesn’t become an incident.

2 Likes

one honest person here