An issue occurred while communicating with the game servers

Today started getting an error “An issue occurred while communicating with the game servers. Please check that you are connected to the internet and try again” after attempting to join a game that doesn’t exist. Have to restart the game or wait ~5 mins to make it go away.

Edit: any failure to join the game triggers the issue (i.e. the game is full, the game doesn’t exist)

Anyone else having this issue?

18 Likes

Yeah, havent had this issue up till now.

same here
it started after todays servers crush

Yeah confirmed, i didnt have experience any of this until that point.

Easily replicable for me by attempting to join a game that does not exist. Only workaround for me seems to be to restart the game entirely. Sometimes happens to me even if I join a game successfully.

2 Likes

Yeah I’ve had that problem occasionally as well. Sometimes just switching to another character for a bit helps, as does relaunching. But no guarantees, seems to be random when the problem finally stops

Happening to me as well

1 Like

Yeah, it’s been happening a while, but it’s really bad today.

Constantly… every game or 2 I have to restart the client.

2 Likes

Can confirm it’s happening every time you try and join a game that “doesn’t exist”. Even happened after joining a game that “does exist”. First time having this issue and it’s making the game unplayable.

1 Like

Dear blizzard, any comment on this issue? Seems to be happening to everyone still.

All the time! :frowning: i have to close the game, open it again and sometimes it works.

It seems to be happening to me any time I try and join a game and its either full or not yet created. This makes it extremely hard to do Baal runs as any time a new game is made, if you try and join the new game too fast before its made, then you have to wait about 30 seconds and then when you try again, its full.

6 Likes

Blizzard. Fix your goddam servers.

Sincerely,
Literally everyone

14 Likes

happens every day for me, I either have to quit the game, or wait/spam trying to make/join the game 6-7 times until it somehow works. Incredibly frustrating

4 Likes

omg yes!!! so glad i found this topic makes me feel better i thought i was alone… past 2 days now I get this stupid msg after I try to join game that doesn’t exist yet like the next Baal game. I try to join and if says game not found then after that it constantly says there’s issue communicating with servers make sure your connected to internet crap. I have to restart client to to be able to get back into games and of course by then my baal game is full lol. Rip blizzard you guys are so pro!!

1 Like

Same problem as everyone else - started two days ago and has destroyed the game. Hoping for a quick fix here blizz!

yall are lucky
my game said i couldnt conect to the internet so i been playing single player and bragging about my progress on discord to the brothers and spamming the channel with ss of items
while they complain about the fact that they cant follow up games and even mule swap

pepelaugh

Experiencing this same issue since game launch. Frequency of issue increasing exponentially after last patch. Please patch immediately.

2 Likes

How about you fix your trash servers. This is the worst launched gamed Blizzard has ever done. I mean what a joke. No wonder this company is dying

1 Like