An issue occurred while communicating with the game servers

Same here, its really frustrating. Game was working better 20 years ago!

4 Likes

THIS IS NOT A BUG

This is the “Rate Limiting” mentioned in the most recent blue post. You may only attempt to join/create a game once every ~60 seconds or something like that. Multiple attempts within the 60 second time frame (or whatever the time frame is) will result in that error showing up.

They should adjust the error message to reflect what is actually happening, though.

It’s not the servers; it’s legacy database issues. Read their recent (and lengthy) blue post about this.

It takes me about 15 seconds to restart the game after getting the message and I can play again, so if there is some kind of 60 seconds delay, it’s implemented as poorly as the rest of the servers.

2 Likes

Same here, very hard to make games

1 Like

Constantly happening to me tonight.

1 Like

This bug can be replicated all the time after i attempted to join a game that doesn’t exist. Eg, after i typed in a wrong game name and join failed.
Once it failed to join game, it will display this error message. It might go off if i attempt to join another game that existed. However, most of the time, it can only be resolved if i restart the client.

Restarting the game was the only thing that worked for me, now they added a player queue so restarting will put you in the queue. They added the queue because to many ppl where logging in but they didnt solve the actual problem, ppl are just constantly restarting their game because they get this super annoying error message.

1 Like

Has to restart client everytime i fail to join a game (full, dosnt exist etc). End up in a queue.

This is has to be fixed. Games has being near unplayable for a week now!

1 Like

Guys need help i am receiving the same message when i try to connect “an issue occured while communicating with the game servers” i have a ps5

2 Likes

There is no fix for me. It’s been 12 hours and none of the recommended fixes work. I have a bunch of trades to do that I might not get now. What a joke this has been.

1 Like

Been locked out for over half hour on Nintendo switch. Not cool blizzard

have been having a issue occurred while communicating with the servers for over the last week now on xbox. trying to log on to play and that’s all I ever get anymore. restarted the whole game and console still nothing fix this crap

Locked out most of the day today. Xbox one. Ruining my ‘return’ experience. I hope they read these comments. It’s a pretty pathetic excuse. Will they refund my Xbox live pass I was required to buy to play when I can’t access the content? They should have some type of SLA for this ridiculous service.

It is especially bad today, haven’t had this problem all week but today…hoo boy is it a problem.

1 Like

Same here.
Some of my char (not all) can’t create game or join game, and says communication error.

so got led by this post Cannot Create or Join Games in Diablo II: Resurrected - Blizzard Support to ‘wait an hour and try again’ its been over 2 hours now and i still can’t play the game on any character. ive restarted teh game, the blizzard client, my PC, same message every time on every character. a little frustrated…

Xbox here can’t even get in on a reset been receiving that message for hours now

1 Like

en nintendo switch es el mismo problema, desde hoy en la tarde(gmt -3)

1 Like

Just happened to me too on my ps4
I was in game and got kicked off the server
Then I try to login and it says cannot connect to battle net and to check my internet connection

1 Like