An easy and unobtrusive way to add content(More lvl85 areas)

Ok, this is probably the easiest thing I can think of. It takes virtually no effort and wouldn’t really change the gameplay for those who don’t want it. In D2 you had to farm so called ‘item lvl 85’ areas to get good exp and the best items. Everything else in hell difficulty was basically less effective to farm. As a result the main farming areas outside of bosses were limited to the mausoleum, the pit, the ancient tunnels, stony tomb, river of flame, chaos sanctuary and the Worldstone keep.

How about simply adding in more max level dungeons in the earlier acts similar to the pit, and making EVERYTHING in act4/5 a max level area? Then we could have fun just running through all the areas in the later acts and it would be a lot less repetitive than ‘running the pit for the 500th time’.

Think about it, what would actually go wrong with this idea? If you don’t like it, fine. You’re free to keep running baal, diablo and the pit.

Just take everything and make it RNG.

Literally, everything.

“Realms of Chaos” to steal from Games Workshop. Maybe this town is half that town and half this other one, with NPCs from none, but the functions are taken by weird monsters – Baal is now a merchant and will gamble with you. As a NPC, he can’t be killed.

Step outside and you get monsters from Act I and IV, but they have the wrong abilities because they have PC skills.

Some will say this is D3 and greater rift… but it goes so far beyond that to be different.

How about we do that but instead of with D2R we do it with your life? still like the idea??

Life is a series of events, lesser and greater, in no discernible pattern.

So, yes, I’d say it is basically the definition of reality.

Good point but now when you go to the gas station you fill someone ELSE vehicle.
How about when you the cashier rings up your items they pay YOU and then THEY take home the items.
OR OR we could have summer clothes on sale during winter and vice versa. FANTASTIC!

So, that does indeed sound fantastic. With 1:7 billion odds in my favor.

The actions of others will also impact me more directly and randomly, including opening my wallet to find $10,000 because someone else looted it.

There is a give-take in all things. One must simply accept it.

You can’t win this.

Interesting idea, but I’m trying to avoid anything like ‘Rifts’ so I don’t get jumped on by the zealots. I just want more of the core D2LOD areas to be runnable for good loot and exp. Baal and chaos get terribly boring.

Yea, I’m in for that! More areas to farm means more fun to me.

Stop. It’s not happening. Get over it. 1:1. Move on. It’s time.

We’ll it’s not 1:1. And every change, that does not influence the experience of other players should be welcomed to discuss imo. D2 is not perfect… the endgame can definitely get an upgrade, as long as it is easy to implement and doesn’t change too much of the game.

You could maybe promote 4-5 random areas to alvl85 every day. Cain could tell you something like “in the areas … evil has grown” or whatever to tell you cryptically which areas have a high lvl

i always said it in multiple thread , personally i’am always for new zone at alvl 85.

being only able to be efficient in specific areas is a bit meh to me.
i’d like a hell+ mode where every area is lv 85. (max level)
it would make the game a tad harder (not by a lot but still good to take) while allowing us to have more diversified solo mf farm.

haha i like where this is going :slight_smile:

I would love that. This idea came up quite often in these forums already, which is not surprising, as it is just a better version of inferno mode.

You could have a 4th mob modifier, (you could even implement some new modifiers for that difficulty) and you could make every single mob part of a unique group or champion group.

You only have to make sure, that the mobs will not give you more exp than Baal runs and the drops have to be nerfed there aswell a bit I think.

(can’t like sadly , out of like for a few more mins :stuck_out_tongue: )
well no real need to “nerf” the loot in my opinion.
they would simply be the same level as the pit in regular hell.
they wouldn’t give more loot (or more exp) than other lv 85 monsters which are in our current farm routes.

except maybe for your proposition of making all of them part of an unique group / champion group , a “minion” might have a higher drop rate than regular monster ,and having more pack means usually more loot since the leader have high drop rate (not as much as super unique like pindle though)

personally , anything is fine by me as long as any area could be farmable. (yet not giving more loot , or atleast not too much , than regular lv 85 area)

Yes, I expressed myself poorly here. What I meant, was this:

oh ok no problem , it’s also me that might have not connected the dot , no worry there :stuck_out_tongue:

indeed for your proposition , if that were to happen , the devs would have to see if it would increase the drop rate too much or not (since they aren’t super unique they might not increase the loot a lot…but runes wise i’am not sure about that really…)

personally, as long as the area are lv 85 and the loot themselves aren’t really increased by a visible margin , it would be great in my opinion

I wouldn’t be against making some of the areas with really nasty and dangerous monsters TC85 areas, but you definitely shouldn’t be able to get Tyrael’s Might in the Den of Evil :joy:

well , you can get it in the pit maybe already which is still is anticlimatic xD
but i agree that this specific item could be linked to baal , like some kind of specific drop to him.
for example , each boss of hell having a specific drop to it.
Andariel visage for andariel , tyrael might for baal etc…

though for tyrael might , considering how low the density of monsters is in the den of evil , i doubt people would actively farm there.
atleast the pit got way higher density + the magical chests.

This idea just makes too much sense.

Which tells me that a bunch of people will be irrationally against it, and it won’t happen.

Honestly I haven’t seen much of anyone against it. It takes very little effort, and it’s not like it would cause loot inflation because you can already farm easy lvl 85 spots like the Pit. It just adds more variety to the game because it lets us farm a lot more spots.