Allow us to "Larzuk" additional items for gold fee

Colossus Voulge? That’s an Elite Polearm. But, the information I have says 4 maximum Sockets. So, I would have to say “No”.

Great Poleaxe and Giant Thresher: Yes.

Gold for a socket sounds pretty good for me.
Maybe just for Unique/Set items.

Or they add a cube recipt for Uniques and Sets.

negative thank you

big oofs

Sure, but nobody is going to risk the socket recipe on a very good base if they need max sockets. Nobody.

And that’s a problem how?

I agree with OP. It is such a pain to level a character you have no interest in playing simply to get a socket quest. It was at least worth it in LoD because you could use the char as a mule with access to act 5, but with the shared stashes theres no need so the char gets deleted.

We need a QoL change for this. I would be fine with paying gold for a socket quest, but imo they should just add a new cube recipie that doesn’t use soj.

Umm… because it invalidates your entire argument that “there’s a cube recipe”?! No one except a moron is gonna use it on an actually valuable base that needs max sockets. The cube recipe is for RW bases that DON’T need max sockets. And there’s zero cube recipe to add sockets to uniques/sets/rares/etc. Allowing us to use Larzuk more than three times on each character could only affect the market for the cheapest of bases (like a 4OS dusk shroud-basically worth almost nothing), where you’re basically paying for the “Larzuk” itself.

An alternative approach to the problem would actually be to add a cube recipe (requiring, I donno, a Lem or Pul rune or something) that actually replicates a “Larzuk”.

My argument was theres no need for allowing the quest reward to be repeatable with gold spending and yes there is a cube recipe for that exact need.

Or just, you know, make a new character with 3 brand new Larzuk quests or try your luck with the cube recipe.

Quests rewards are just that: rewards for accomplishing a ceretain quest, why not allowing to repeat the act 3 quests with gold and have infinite HP and stats then or infinite skill points giving gold to Akara? These things came in limited supply for a reason.

This is the whole point right here that you are missing. Nobody wants to make and level a new character that we have no interest in playing. We do it just because we want the socket quests, and then the toon gets deleted to make room for another. This is an obvious QoL change that needs to happen.

And by the way, the cube recipie you are referring to, is also just as stupid. Nobody in their right mind is gonna use a soj to socket an item.

You’re the one missing the point of a quest reward being in limited quantity. This was done this way for a reason, want an easier time? Play offline and have infinite Larzuk quests with hero editor.

You don’t need a soj to cocket an item, the recipe in question is:

• 1 Tal rune
  • 1 Thul rune
  • 1 Perfect Topaz
  • 1 normal or etheral armor

And there is a recipe for weapons.

Socketing uniques is also meant to come in limited quantity so you have to choose which ones to socket.

No thanks I like having to plan for the sockets you get and don’t want any more free or paid guaranteed sockets. I like the thought process involved in choosing only 3.

Add 1 Socket To a Rare Item 3 Perfect Skulls + 1 Rare Item + Stone of Jordan

Rare Items can only have one socket. You cannot add sockets to items that don’t normally have sockets. You can not use this on a Rare with one socket. You can only add one socket to a zero socket Rare Item.

when i want to socket i do a “rush 4 forge normal” game and ask random people rush me for a normal forge (which usually ends in a tir rune lulz). i use the socket quest then delete the character.

Have the quest repeatable for an organ you need to open Uber Tristram.

What he does with it will be one of life’s mysteries. =)))

That’s still a lot more effort than making a new char and getting it rushed to Act 5 Shenk (literally takes 20 minutes tops vs. hours of farming a Pul rune).

Just make it so every Shenk kill resets the quest, or something harder like every Baal kill.

The current implementation forces people to get a bunch of throwaway characters rushed to Act 5. This takes about 20 min. Instead of saturating servers with a bunch of people getting single-use rushes to Larzuk, we should have a way that takes about 20min to get the quest to reset.

I’d say farming some resource items and cubing for a larzuk token, would be ideal. Just like the essences essentially give you the akara reset again.

It does not forces anything, people bchoose to exploit the system by rushing a character to act 5, nothing else.

1 Like

Gold itself isnt worth anything in the later stages except for potions/arrows/scrolls etc. Maybe for a little bit gambling.

It drops everywhere you look. Would do nothing good at all.

1 Like

Okay.
But It will cost you fifty million gold.
with a four week delay reset timer.