Allow us to "Larzuk" additional items for gold fee

It sucks having to level additional characters just to use Larzuk and then delete the character. It’s not fun- it’s tedious and annoying. Why not allow Larzuk to socket additional items for a gold fee? Like, after you use up the free quest reward “Larzuk”, you can “Larzuk” additional items for 300k gold or even 1M gold or something like that. Something expensive enough that it’s not entirely trivial.

This wouldn’t change the game balance or anything in any meaningful way, other than sometimes, instead of having to have a friend rush one of your mules to Act V and kill Shenk, or having to do it yourself the slow hard way, you can simply do the game activities you actually WANT to.

18 Likes

No.

There is a market for item bases with the right number of socket and a cube recipe to socket your items, they exist for a reason.

20 Likes

Nah, keep it as is. If we could just spam gold for sockets, it would cheat us out of trying to use the socket reward “wisely”.

However, I wouldn’t mind the cube socket recipes opening up for superior items.

14 Likes

completely opposed. would flood the market instantly with bis items. socket quests would also then lose 100% of their value.

7 Likes

Yeah, just one more way to make the game easier…

7 Likes

So, lets make all quest rewards available for gold, easy, no need to do quests anymore.
Maybe you can get to hell with just gold?

4 Likes

That already exists. There is a cube recipe that costs runes and gems and you get sockets in your items.

And that recipe also allows you to get more than just the max amount of sockets, so it’s better than Larzuk quest.

3 Likes

Please add an auto win button for this gentleman.

13 Likes

It is cute that you guys think socket quests have value. Must be out of the loop.

5 Likes

Everyone here is now dumber for having listened to you, i award you no points and may god have mercy on your soul. Just save your Larzuk for uniques or things you really need.

4 Likes

they do… especially in the early game

I just socketed a stuff for my Poison Necro to put 2 Poison Facets in. Death’s Web with 5/5 poison facet rocks! Lol yeah i have like 6 chars and used most of my larzuks in beginning for dumb stuff, like a monarch, last 3 chars i started saving.

So they have value for less than a week in a 6 month ladder? Who cares? After that anyone with two brain cells can push 7 players through normal mode in 15 minutes. Presto, 7 sockets on demand. Sockets have about the same value as a few pgems.

3 Likes

I’ve seen a few “rush 4 sock q” games. Seems like a fair trade if you’re desperate to socket something.

not really at all. there’s time investment into a socket quest, as well as trust factor (do i trust this person to socket this item for me?)

1 socket quest is worth ~um in value

a few pgems is worth like nothing lol

Can you explain how one individual with a single computer would rush 7 chars through normal in a total of 15 minutes? :stuck_out_tongue:

I would not be opposed to this change however if you look at a certain coughJSpcough site they have members offering sockets “hole punch”:wink: for incredibly affordable prices.

That would be a nice change

1 Like

I dunno where you are getting trust from. You simply partake in the rushes and socket it yourself. There is zero trust needed.

There are multiple streamers organizing socket quest runes DAILY. Sometimes running upwards of 10 games at the same time. Everyone that pays attention to this stuff is drowning in sockets. i socket junk, I socket trade fodder. I have so many sockets on mules, I don’t know what to use them on.

someone using their socket quest to socket your item.

and yeah relying on streamer isn’t a full proof method because then you have to wait for them to start streaming, wait for a rush to start, wait for the rush to finish

true socket quest market is buying someone else’s socket quest and having them socket the item for you