Allow the game to evolve

There seems to be a big divide between people that feel the LOD is great and doesn’t need changes, while others want to see it evolve. The easiest way to solve this is to create a new tab classic → expansion → resurrected. This would put LoD into maintenance mode and give devs more freedom to evolve the game. This would be a win for both sides.

42 Likes

The game doesn’t need to be evolved, it’s a remaster. Keep the changes for D4.

22 Likes

Well that’s why there would be LoD for players like you. What is there to be mad about?

29 Likes

I’m not mad I’m just not understanding why you want to change a game that is already great. There’s D3 for players like you, and soon to be D4.

10 Likes

I also want to mention that changes have already changed the current game from it’s predecessor.

15 Likes

Too late for that. Trying to put the toothpaste back into the tube now is only going to make a mess.

9 Likes

Well I seriously doubt they will add any new content to this game. But you can keep wishing and making posts all you want. I disagree with fixing something that is not broken.

4 Likes

It is somewhere in the range of moderate to extemely likely, and in any case a definite possibility, that they will be adding and testing things like new runewords and cube recipes, and possibly new side quest / dungeons or revamps to unfrequented ones, if not full blown events like Uber Tristram.

Implementing an entire PTR just for minor tweaks and bug fixes is unlikely to say the least.

12 Likes

There is very little chance you will see new content. I am willing to bet the most we’ll see is some new rune words.

I doubt they will put this game into maintenance mode so quickly. If they want to expand and/or keep a majority of their new player base then it wouldn’t be wishful thinking.

i don’t get why d3 players come in here and troll/spam the d2 forums with horrible ideas

i mean i know d3 gets boring after 1 week but find something else to do

10 Likes

i dont know why people are afraid of change especially in a suggestion that wouldnt impact the current iteration of their game.

13 Likes

I’d rather them evolve d4, it’s already been delayed. Creating another variation of Diablo 2 for those who want perpetual change will only slow d4 progression down further.

6 Likes

you realize its different teams working on D4 and D2R right? just asking for a friend…

5 Likes

This is only here
If you go to yt and see the comment section of vids that bring up this same discussion there is almost no one preaching d2r should stay as it is

3 Likes

fair point, i dont go on youtube much and I usually stay away from the comment section if I do watch a video.

1 Like

not true at all. there are communities with 15k+ users on at any given time, most of which are fine with d2 as is

3 Likes

15k is a drop in the bucket considering how many copies of the game were sold.

7 Likes

Cant say i know any of these

2 Likes

not compared to the user base on these forums and youtube comments in which i was referring too

and ~15k per each community. never said only 1 community