After the update the character offline can not join game

After the recent patch, all 8 of my mule characters on my PS4 say “failed to join game” when I try to load them, similar to your issue.

I think the issue occurs if you use multiple special characters. I just created a character with a single hyphen and it worked fine. But when I created a new one with 2 hyphens (my mules are named Mule-Uniq-One, etc.), it fails to even join right after creating the character.

Blizzard, can you please fix this? Thanks :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I have exactly same issues which make my
‘Stuf-HL-Deux’ and ‘Stuf-HL-Trois’

2 Likes

Can help confirm. My bank mules, Runes-A-L and Runes-M-Z are both stuck “unable to join game” or whatever. So it seems any toons with multiple “special” characters in their name, that are not just alpha/numeric are broken since the last patch just a few days ago. All my other tons work just fine.

3 Likes

Also me. I have plenty of characters with ‘-’ and ‘’ in their name, but the ONE character that has two '’ is now unusable. Please fix!

2 Likes

man dude are you telling me I can’t play my level 78 paladin just because he has hyphens in his name. BLIZZARD PLZ FIX THIS MAN. OR ATLEAST LET US RENAME THEM!!!

3 Likes

Team is looking into this - Just a FYI - Will update once we have more info.

5 Likes

Hi guy, any update for this?

This is now fixed in the latest patch out this morning!

3 Likes

I updated to the new patch. Issue still remains. I’m on Switch offline.

2 Likes

Still cannot join the offline game after upgraded this morning. I tried to delete one CHAR and recreate with same name, cannot still. Plz check and fix

1 Like

Same for me. I’m on Switch, playing offline, just downloaded the latest update and I’m still getting “Failed to join game” for my characters SET-ALD-CLE, SET-COW-IMMORT and so on with two hyphens in their names.

1 Like

Yeah, that patch did nothing, still can’t join games offline, still can’t adjust player count and most likely still have items vanish from stash…

It’s getting ridiculous.
This was the last Blizzard game I invested money in, I am done.

3 Likes

I’m also still not getting access to the players8 slider after the 12/14 patch for switch

1 Like

Quote from blizz post:
" We will update this thread once the Nintendo Switch version becomes available."
So I don’t think you got the latest patch available on the switch yet :slight_smile:

1 Like

Are Blizzard aware of this?

2 Likes

Any updates? Still can’t login to any of my mules on Switch…

2 Likes

I quit playing for the past month because this ruined my mules for my holy grail challenge on switch

1 Like

Plz do something Bliz, it is really unhappy experience

3 Likes

Any update would be most welcome… Switch users are still not able to play their characters containing multiple specials chars in their names

2 Likes

Anything?
Could you at least give us information whether the switch will get a separate update or if it will be included in the 2.4 patch in early 2022? At least something.

We are being locked out of our entire progress for almost three weeks.

3 Likes