After Mosaic build, the game suddenly got boring

Mosaic can be fun but it saps the end game content of the game. The runeword is well thought but it feels like it’s a bit abusive.

minor ways for balance
-charges can only stack with two different elementals.
-the duration only increases with the kill of a monster instead of one hit.
-using waypoint or portal will cancel the charges
-half the damage of synergy bonuses

there are couple ways to balance, and I think just by lowering half the damage of synergy bonuses on phoenix will still be strong yet giving some challenges to the players to grind for better gear since two claw alone can easily finish player 8 game.

3 Likes

I don’t see the problem since you really need infinity for it to work optimally so the build ultimately because much more expensive to run than a standard hammerdin which only needs enigma to be rock solid. Javazon with infinity merc is still better at clearing most areas, foh still trumps in chaos & flayer, pit zerker/horker is still better to farm items with, etc…and from first character in a season standpoint, sorcs still trump all…only real OP standpoint you could argue would be in a group setting where they could quickly get the 2 x mal & gul but even then, it certainly isn’t efficient to gear one versus pally/sorc/barb/java

3 Likes

Have you even played mosaic? You can clear p8 with crap gear and it’s faster than other classes fully geared.

Dual mosaic in plain gt
Treachery.
1 cnbf item
1x anni
And you can solo clear 2/3 of p8 chaos in baal runs.

Anything beyond that gear just makes you faster. It’s ridiculous and it’s tankier than a hdin

3 Likes

Imagine being the only one allowed to bring a fast tank to a passenger car demolition derby.

:o

I have a fully decked out 90s dual mosaic sin…griffs, infinity merc, etc. It is not the most enjoyable to play and I have plenty of other chars that clear many areas better. Hell my fire ele dru, which was also a build that got nicely buffed, is much more satisfying. With fire sunder, phoenix monarch and infinity, it rains chaos everywhere…

Satisfaction is not objectively measured. But if you want to say they are more efficient/better than mosaic, then I would say it’s a skill issue. Especially decked out

2 Likes

Skill issue lmao…this isn’t a moba, this is d2r dude. It is very simple to have 3 stacks from 3 different charge ups on all the time, clearly it does a lot of damage but you’re not going to convince me of anything dude, plenty of folks feel the same and we all know just like Enigma which has been asked for removal since day one, it won’t ever disappear. And yes, this thread was about being bored hence satisfaction.

1 Like

Thanks, that’s all the proof needed. It is definitely a skill issue.

I don’t say that it will be removed. But mosaic should be nerfed.

Not going to happen with blizzard but that is still not a reason to spread false information

If a build that you’re not even required to use, makes the game suddenly boring, you didn’t like the game in the first place. There are plenty of OP builds out there just as good, there are plenty of better players, all of which can zoom ahead of you and delete content in a blink of the eye.

1 Like

Ahahahahhahahahahshshahahhahahahaha
I fell of the chair xDDD

1 Like

Never tried it before.
In fact there’s a lot in D2R I hadn’t tried until this Season.

Well …I found 2 random 3os Gts, non “+3 PS geegee”, 3 WB 3Fade & 2PS 1BOI 1SM in fact.
No Infinity.
No Enigma.
DT to blink.
Smashes P8 Chaos like it’s nothing.
Mind you I run the ‘Disco’ Sin - All 6 Charges(PS/BoI/CoT/CS/FoF30 and TS) - it’s incredibly tanky - no need of Fade with 40’s resists and ridiculously strong.
No min max Tele & FCR% BPs - Tgods for Souls as I farm WSK as well.

Finally made an Enigma, a Fort, Cure & Infinity for Merc which I knew I didn’t need but hey why not? Merc doesn’t even need Life Steal. Totally unnecessary for him. Prayer Merc too.
No HF or Defiance etc required.
Now it went from OP to stupidly op.

TBH the most difficult part about the build is - The tedious nature of maintaining charges while quick looting/checking items.
I almost want to put a Sorc Self-wield Infinity on Merc so he stops killing my leftover mobs who are on standby for a quick charge refresh.
Merc doesn’t even require an Elite Weapon.
It’s just an aura bot. Never dies. Never threatened. Unless… I stand there checking a couple of items while hell is raining down(which is ignored because…3.4k hp and tanky…) and I neglect the poor guy and he gets cursed and swarmed.

I have to say though - watching people min max this build and spend untold amounts of currency on high end items and charms etc is pure comedy gold.
I totally understand the desire to “perfect” something, I’ve done it before myself, but I’ve never seen a build where perfect or high-end gear for speed clearing P8 content is so incredibly, totally and absolutely unnecessary.

Cost vs Power:
11/10
Difficulty:
7/10 entry level gear(edit: 5/10. I accounted for my learning curve at level 78 when I swapped to Mosaics. Could even be lower)
2/10 end game gear
Tedious Factor(constant charge drop off or micro-management):
6/10 - I overstate here a bit. It’s something one gets used to and using the proper skills x2 for a given area is all that’s necessary once end-game gear is reached. eg. Fire Immunes? Just 3x PS and 3xBoI and good to go.

Edit TLDR - I’m upset I spent so much time struggling on my Sorc while having the Claws so early and the runes to make most of the gear…
Never again.

This also happens with other high performing builds. Get yourself a JMoD with 4x perf 15/40 facets, 4x 15/40 100 life armor and so on, and suddendly, the game becomes boooooooooooring. Basically fulfill yourself any high ranking wish, and thats it. It is not about actually having it, it is about the path, it is all about getting there. Mosaic just lowered the stakes to a laughable 2 Gul’s.

1 Like

Never said you did, I’m just making a general comment that Mosaic is now the new enigma where folks desperately want it nerfed/removed. I stand by what I said, from a solo player perspective it is “balanced” to get all the runes plus enigma. In the end, it is just another strong end game char, the new hammerdin to complain about. If mosaic sin was so OP, why doesnt it have its own teir on any guide site? Even if mosaic sin turned out to be the “strongest” build, this game was NEVER about balance, whether pre or post 1.10.

What are you doing bringing common sense, reason, and logic into a discussion!!!

With how this forum talks about Mosaic, why aren’t my chaos and baal runs littered with them? These days I feel like I’m the only one busting mine out in some public runs, never seem to bump into another one.

Looking at GID Bot/Botty Pixel bot forums, it doesn’t appear anyone uses mosaic sins for botting either, must be because it has too many animations.

Would imagine it is very clunky to use on a bot aswell. Better off with an hdin, nova, light sorc w/e. Just fire and forget.

1 Like

Was a very good meme end game build, but the playstyle and graphics aren’t worth playing it. You can AFK with the other S tier builds, no charge up management at all.

As for botting I would imagine the script to check for charge maintenance would be far more complex than do X to prebuff every Y amount of time (BO BC ES ETC). As for the animations it might cause more of a strain costing you PC resources, though I do believe some have found ways to run them clientlessly. Even still I’m not sure they’d be worth the hassle, simple auto-pilot is easier.

I was being facetious about the animations part. My main point was that in short the mosaic sin has made very little impact on the game while going off of how some folks on this forum feel about it, you would think anyone not running one would be dumb not to. Doesn’t replace hdins/javazons/sorcs in anything…and good luck getting stacks AND landing kicks in PvP, ZERO impact there…

I hate mosaic with a passion. I even act like it doesnt even exist. I charsi any good base for it. I wont Trade with mosaic sin, i dont want to be helped or help anyone with mosaic.

2 Likes

yappayappayappa. new thread who dis? same stank different pile. can you just hop onto one of the ALREADY existing mosaic is bad thread? there’s like 20 of them.

i hate mosaic and wish it was deleted, but all of this has been said before…