Act 5 Shenk Crash

This is a bug that occurs for me while mfing shenk in hell. On several occasions the moment the catapults surrounding Shenk launch their incendiary and it lands around my character, my game will immediately crash. Doesn’t always happen but it happens often enough that I feel as if I should report it here.

3 Likes

Happens to me to as well all the time

1 Like

same, have to press G to avoid the crash

1 Like

Same for me too. I see the Framerate Tank und I just crash after I kill Shenk… And I have a 3090 and 32 gigs…

1 Like

Same here and this was NOT the case until recently.
I’ve been through 3 stages so far of the game:
-first launch days I had stuttery game (no shenk crashes tho)
-after that it worked absolutely perfect
-now it’s back to stuttering and also the shenk crash

This shenk crash also kills my display driver, nvidia says it crashed and recovers and also the game crashes as well.

I don’t know what they’re doing but I am so sad.

I’m having the same issue. As soon as i kill shenk, the catapults start launching and it lags me out and my game crashes with no error message. It might be something to do with nvidia drivers, not sure though.

same thing happens to me

I want to add another data point to this, as I’ve been experiencing it every time I try to go kill Shenk. Unfortunately, I can’t even submit a crash report, as that dialog box doesn’t seem to show up anymore.

Getting really annoying, especially with the login queue…

2 Likes

I also experience this, right as catapults launch. I am using Founders 3090, and max settings

Same crash after killing Shenk. Doesn’t seem to always crash if I move away from the bombardment.

On a RTX 2080.

EDIT: Changed the Transparency Quality from ULTRA to VERY HIGH. Seems to have fixed it. Also noted I have no problems playing the game (usually) when it was on ULTRA except for when it comes to Shenk.

same crash for me as well gtx 1660 super. Will try setting to very high.

Still having the issue even after changing to very high.

Same here. RX 6800 XT. 4k all max. I also tried lower settings but it is the same. If I teleport away in time no problem. Temperatures are not the issue.

This bug still occurs to me frequently if there are monsters on screen with auras or other abilities like charged bolt it’s rampant.

bug also occurs to me :frowning:

Same problem, been having this crash since day 1. The only workaround I have found is to kill Shenk and then run away from the death fireworks until it finishes. I’m running on an RTX 3090 with the current drivers so this isn’t a hardware issue.

Still an issue. Doesn’t happen every time, but quite often enough. My bug report has gone unanswered. It rarely happened on my gtx 1060, but quite frequently now i’ve upgraded to a 3060.

Happened to me twice in a row today.
Not sure if it is maybe related to alot of effects, i used firewall and blizzard there.
I have a radeon RX 6600 XT

edit: It happend again, seems like if there is alot of effects on the screen like alot of fire, ice splashes from catapults etc, it crashes.
It does not always happen if the screen is full of effects through, so maybe it is really a combination of effects, auras, buffs etc.

i found a solution in youtube.

maybe it can help. its reduces it 95%

Seems like a valid workaround.
If the effects cause the crash, avoiding effects by opening your inventory and / or character screen might indeed help.

Still occuring almost 3 months after release.
Previously, sometimes the crash dialog window would appear but now it’s just straight to desktop. This makes me believe that they aren’t really aware of the amount of crashes this bug really causes.

Win 10 Home
Latest Nvidia driver (497,29)
RTX2080
32 GB RAM
Ryzen 7 3700x

DXDiag is available