A Suggestion To Fixing Wereforms

but this is more fun :slight_smile:

Do you really think that making the wolf attack at HALF speed is a good idea? He was already really weak even with ultra high end items and now you go and nerf it to the ground, to a level that is not playable in hell? The only answer is that you have NEVER played the game and try to make changes even without giving a thought or asking us, who have keep the game alive for 20 years.
At the start of d2r, by mistake, you did a nice change, by removing max ias breakpoint, allowing fury druid to get to faster frames per attack. Even with that speed fury druid is weak, it’s VERY weak. With no decent way of dealing with physical inmunes or killing groups or enemies.

1 Like

While this is great feedback its fully possible in live today to reach 5/5/5/5/8 on a upped ribcracker to stalagmite with just a shael in the weapon.

Are the fpa values you listed just the last fpa on the 5 hits?

if its not that is still much slower then live.

This, iirc, can lead to crashes. I could be remembering things wrong but in a mod that was well known, Sins eventually started crashing the game…it may have been the slew of procs they were getting though…it has been quite some time. Am pretty sure we had to slow it down…kickers…something…blargh i forget the exact details.

You do know that a lot of people that wrote the wereform calculators do this kinda thing for fun, right?
But no, don’t add anything meaningful and just underhandedly crap on someone’s efforts.

What that I pointed out that you have done nothing to talk about anything to do with the topic?

1 Like

I can see the you put a lot of work into this, so I feel kinda bad having to tell you that you’ve really missed the mark.

Your proposal both nerfs existing endgame options (by making the current breakpoints either unreachable or only reachable by compromising on gear choices to gain more IAS) and also fails to accomplish Blizz’s stated goal of unifying manform and wereform speeds for new players. On top of that, it creates a new “quirky” hapax IAS calculation as a replacement for the old “quirky” hapax IAS calculation Blizz wanted to be rid of.

My strong preference here would be to to just leave it alone and keep the traditional wereform IAS calculations. Barring that, I think the cleanest solution is to compute the manform IAS calculation and the traditional wereform IAS calculation in parallel, and then use the result with lower fpa. That would unify manform and wereform speeds early in the game – which is apparently very important to Blizzard – while leaving the current endgame options untouched.

I also had a topic re: this issue < Shape attack speeds issue - Not working as intended >

I am in the process of reviewing all the issues i raised and then adding 2 cents to similar topic’s.

In this regard - in the PTR you have nerfed shapers. this thread is looking for a compromise. At the end of the day regardless of the net outcome of either the PTR or the proposal in this thread, EVERY PLAYER can reasonably ACKNOWLEDGE that shapers are very weak in terms of PvM. Therefore, its not enough to maintain the status quo (if the intention was to buff) and thus you should consider an additional attack damage increase per level to fury (this is a compromise).

Got a related question, did anyone have the chance to see what would happen to a Werewolf Barb? Since they can equip Wolfhowl and transform into a Werewolf, would they also be subject to Druid Human form IAS? Logically that should be the case but coding wise I don’t know if the game directly applies druid human form IAS to Werewolf form in general or does it take into account the character’s human form IAS instead (the ladder would make things interesting).

kaz, no way dude. I’m not trying to crap on you. just seemed like a lot of effort on your part (if you’re not being paid or hoping to get hired for it.) right diablo 2 attack speed calculators as much as you want.

on the other hand, there are indeed very important things that might take priority over such things. like imminent economic doom, for example. good luck dude.

I used beast on my Bear sorc and it uses the sorcs base frames I’m pretty sure so it would just use the barbs normal frame data. This change they made killed any wolfhowl & beast build by removing the benefit of shapeshifting which was that Wereforms have good attack frame data.

so what ? blizzard dont care about feedback. it always was

You don’t know what blunt means and I find that hilarious.

Yes, I fully agree. It’s astounding how few people are capable of providing constructive feedback. Most players communicate like a teenager at the peak of their hormone levels, overreacting in a melodramatic way.

Thank you very much for this information. The Barbarian human form is at least better than druid human form though. Barbarian IAS should be something like this:

0% 9% 11% 18% 26% 30% 48% 75% 86% 125% 180%

This may somehow make Wolfhowl “stay in the game” rather than being completely kicked out of the door.

In my opinion they should just leave the old ias system as it was and instead buff the skills and maybe some of the melee weapons that are completely useless. No need to change a system that every old d2 lod player is familiar with and since i think the majority of the playerbase have been playing for many years in the old version i dont see the need for this change. Besides there are lots of videos on youtube that new players can learn from and they could actually just include it in the tooltip and make it easier for new players

1 Like

true, and is the reason why the answer (motivation number 2) of blizzard’s answer makes no sense. informations are on the internet, many fan sites and other sources. diablo 2 has always had hidden mechanics. if new players are confused by the werewolf ias mechanics, they certainly will be by the breakpoint system on fhr, fcr ext.

Blizz seems to be kind of ignorant of breakpoints lol. Like do they understand that when the druid shapeshifts he’s essentially becoming two totally different classes with their own frame data and advantages that go with it. Blizz seems to want to “Unifiy” their frame data which makes no sense at all because they each have unique frames. Attack speed, Cast rate, Hit recovery, and Block rate are all different for each form that’s what makes shifting skills unique and gives purpose to items like beast and wolfhowl by giving classes access to different breakpoint combinations beyond just being flashy and useless.

1 Like

i am of the same idea, werewolf and werebear are the eighth and ninth class. thanks to the different breakpoints, it is possible to become a beast regardless of the chosen class (wolfhowl and beast runeword) and that is why they MUST remain unchanged.

ya ive been playing with different settings, hadnt looked too much into how it scales in the endgame when i was first reviewing this, but formulas can be fine tuned. been playing with using skill ias in the same area and some other options but gotten lazy

edit: i’ve given up on trying to figure out the 2.4 fury formula though. kinda wish devs could let us know what the formula is

2 Likes

Well if they really wanted help to fine tune it they should give us the new formula.

But as the CM post had a very talking down to tone to it i doubt that will happen.

1 Like

Even with the Barbarians frames it’s still a massive reduction in barb werewolf attack speed potential by about 40%, so Wolfhowl builds would be ruined too. Basically if they keep these changes all wereforms will die but especially wolfhowl and beast builds.

1 Like