A quick PTR / 2.5 Update

I think not nuff…maybe more imme-magic monsters?

All items except 40 life skiller gcs can already drop in 85 zones already currently farmed. All it does, is make some items, a tad easier to find, most of which, are not used anyways, and many are still completely based on rng rolls that don’t depend of magic find stat, like charms. He made a big deal too about adding more 85 zones.

As for ladder race, never was interested in leaderboards. Heck, I’ve never even leveled to 99, even during the Cow days. I think 96 or 97 was the highest I got then. I’m fine with the idea for TZs, as long as they improve them and open up enough where multiple builds can farm them, instead of it being a build of the hour farm. However, I probably won’t get much use out of them this season if they are contained to ladder only, as my limit for ladder will be 1 to 2 characters, if I even play ladder most of my time will be spent on my existing characters. Until we get a currency tab or more character slots, 1 to 2 spots is most I can spare for ladder.

3 Likes

I agree. I’d really like TZ for non-ladder.

It would be a disappointment to have it only be ladder. Non ladder is a lot of fun.

3 Likes

Is there a level cap on the norm sorceress prebuilt character? I reached lvl75 and cant seem to log in with her…

what do I do with my lvl 97 NL paladin? would I have to delete him and recreate in ladder if I want the same name char at lvl 99?

Nothing about DENSITY?
The Density is abysmal in a lot of these zones.
And how is it an invasion without increased density?
Can we please get increased density in terror zones.

3 Likes

What about the ONLY REAL problem ?

Also, please god don’t “nerf character”. I don’t know what’s going on with Hammerdin but i have a bad feeling.

7 Likes

To add little more context to the Ladder only thing. That means ladder becomes easier then non-ladder for leveling, great stuff… meaning my lvl 97 sorc (after lvling my pala to 99) I have to grind diablo/nihla again for a million times OR go ladder, remake a new sorc & izi pizi get 99. It just doesnt make sense. But but… then there’s no incentivize to play ladder … welll there kinda isn’t anything new at this point… TZ will get very old very quickly for most of the people when they notice griffon’s aint dropping from the sky like they think it will. Oh but I will farm cows 24/7, no you wont, its a rotation so if you’re lucky you will be online on that exact moment (maybe 3AM?) todo a few cow runs. Sorry for the little rant but if they were to make ladder more attractive, I might be more willing to start all over and spend another 1year to get the riches I reached now, I can FINALLY build multiple characters with high end gear. Until then I just wanne get my nonladder characters geared up & max leveled. /endrant

2 Likes

Will terror zones be a thing in S1 in that “week or two” between S1 and S2?

Why do you treat NL players as 2nd grade?

9 Likes

Ladder only ?

No way !

6 Likes

A few things…
I’m giving this advice as both a player who cares about the future of this game, and as someone with a relevant degree in the subject of game design. (B.S. DEGD, grad 2009 ITTtech, LV NV.)

Please, do not leave online non-ladder players out in the cold. I can understand the reason singleplayer isn’t getting it just yet, you cant fix bugs in singleplayer content with live patches like you can multiplayer, but that limitation does not exist for nonladder online multiplayer. A lot of us do not want to compete in the ladder, we just want to enjoy playing the game, and a place to level up besides baal is something we’ve been wanting for a VERY long time. It would be horrible for nonladder players if the ladder players went from 1 to 99 with the new terror zones, and then became nonladder players and we all were stuck at 95 or 96 because we just can’t bear to do any more Baal runs. You got all our hopes up with this one, don’t rip it away from us now.

From the perspective of a player, having to wait an entire other ladder season for this change to be available to the more casual players on nonladder will likely be perceived as a slight, and cause more players to stop playing. Even if it’s temporarily, players quitting is a very bad thing as there is no guarantee they’ll come back when the content actually releases to them because they wouldnt necessarily even be paying attention to this game anymore. 4 months is more than enough time for someone to find a new game to be interested in.

The other thing, that you didn’t say explicitly but implied… DO NOT nerf currently working classes. Hammerdin, Javazon, Blizzsorc, they are able to work fairly well at the top levels of gear, and work minimally at lower gear levels. If you nerf them they will only be viable with best in slot gear like a few other builds are. This would be an extremely bad idea, and would take the game away from proper balance, not towards it. What you need to do is slightly improve (SLIGHTLY, not heavy buffs) survivability or damage in a few of the other classes and builds that are struggling. You could do this for multiple classes at once by improving the stats and abilities of some of the lower tier items used by those classes, or improve their class set items to mostly just affect their class, or simply give slight buffs to a few abilities in struggling builds to make them a little more viable etc.
If you nerf Hammerdins (and presumably the other classes that say the content is too easy) you are nerfing them for the whole game, not just the new terror zone content. Youve gotta understand that. They are working as intended right now, and clear about as well as they should given the gear level they’re equipped with. What this should tell you is twofold.

1. Terror zones aren’t quite as dangerous as you intended them to be. Improve the challenge a little bit perhaps.

2. Classes that were having a difficult time handling terror zones are not up to par for the rest of the game either. They’ve been limping along with best in slot gear, but that won’t fly if you improve the terror zones to be harder than the current endgame content.

I do hope you take these concerns of mine into account, as they are given in the best faith they possibly can be. As mentioned I really care a lot about this game and want to see it continue to be fun and popular for people going forward. Thanks Blizzard, and we’ll see you in Hell. :slight_smile:

Edit: I have been reminded that there should be something said about your informal partnership with Mr. Llama. Mr. Llama has neither the experience, nor training, to make good suggestions for this game and has continually made suggestions that would be a detriment to the game’s future whether its relating to build diversity, fun, or balance. I regularly see comments outside of Llama’s streams saying such, and commenting that he is out of touch with the needs of the players. Please do not take him to be a representative of the playerbase. He is not a good choice for that. You have an entire forum of players to represent themselves, bring back customer care people to the forums.

8 Likes

A great many of us are like this, blizzard and the greater community in D2 are both ignoring us. It would be heaven to play on P8 in solo BNET. Why would I play other games? Monsters will actually be difficult. Rewards realistic for the amount of hours spent.

Thank you for saying this, we need more people to speak up because all riot does is listen to the meta ladder’ers and buff paladin/amazon/sorc. Like why? There are other players…and the “big meta” players might actually have more fun if the “nonmeta” or “nevermeta” things were viable. But mostly P8 would be the biggest joy. It’s almost like they want to keep us in pain so we play D4? Like it’s never going to happen. We play this BECAUSE we can’t/wont play modern games.

P8 battlenet would be amazing because I could CHOOSE to add friends or family. That’s where it’s at!!! Give 2 people a serious challenge on P8. Sweaty hands and keyboards…oh man… :slight_smile:

I’ll dream about this… and hope they actually do it (yeah right)

3 Likes

This is so accurate. Absolutely spot on dude.

Don’t forget corruptions! D2R needs the item corruption system so badly. It adds so much more depth to the game, to your build, tweaking your build, chasing loot and to trading… in fact you could argue it actually adds more end game content and desire to play than the Terror Zones.

New end game content is always going to be a welcome feature, but IMO there are so many other, much easier fixes that could and should be implemented sooner.

Steps in the right direction for sure, but these little changes need to be looked into it.

I haven’t played D2R for quite a while now - Disappointed on the 4 month reset timescales being missed and I sincerely hope the lobby is not in the same state as it was.

3 Likes

S1 will end 1 minute before S2 starts :slight_smile:

1 Like

Being afraid of sudden server down between the minute…

1 Like

Bro, you already know that 1 second swap to season 2 will be tragedy, it might work with d3 but Not the amount of people on d2r

Log in and Lobby channels PACKED with people / mass log ins / all while servers are suppost to move all ladder to non ladder all at the same with Blizzards IT Backend? LOL :rofl:

What i meant to say was between the patch release and the actual start of S2.

1 Like

They only care for the hero editing Mr.lama opinion I hate the dude so much.on the other hand dbrunski is the only one who comes up with good ideas for d2r an they should look how pd2 did it that’s shizzzz is fire tbh games these days dying from lack of creativity an being monetized horribley

1 Like

Hammerdin is fun. I don’t see any need to nerf Hammerdin. In my opinion it’s cool to have one build that outdoes the rest in damage. Just like sorcs outdo most in teleport speed and initial play through times. I would be rather disappointed if they nerfed the Hammerdin. It’s nice having a build that allows for casual quick play on any player level. I think they should implement some sort of resistance challenge specific to the Hammerdin to make the TZ more challenging. I’m not sure how it could be best implemented, but I would think something like that could work. Just don’t flat out nerd Hammerdin please :sob: