A quick PTR / 2.5 Update

Isn’t Necromancer a real beneficiary of 2.4ver? Is there anything nerfed? If you only look at the Necromancer, it’s a Bone Spirit, various skills, and buffs such as corpse explosion. Unchanged or nerfed characters are effectively barbarians and assassins. There is a well-prepared buffet in Act 5. (Go into the anya portal) He seems to need a balance with other classes as well as dissatisfaction with his character.

Is this serious? Does anyone who works on this game have even half a brain in their head?

The Hammerdin is a problem now? This class has been completely broken for over two decades. How hard would it have been for an extremely basic bandaid to add more magic immunes throughout the game (particularly in the chaos sanctuary) to try to bring this unequaled powerhouse down to earth?

This isn’t rocket science.

1 Like

They would need to address the Necromancer, if they increase magic immunes it would impact both the Paladin and the Necro and the Necro has gotten no love for a while now.

1 Like

They wouldn’t change the rules because 1) these patches shouldn’t be major changes in the first place and 2) you know ahead of time patch 2.5 will drop at some point.

Yeah really not sure why they don’t just end season 1 now so we can do this, this way we’d have something to do while waiting for PTR to end and the new patch to come in

1 Like

I really wish that they would have just done this, end the ladder and let us cycle all of our stuff and play while waiting for patch. I’d actually be playing now rather than waiting for season end.

2 Likes

They will have new runewords in the next PTR build and for season 2, fully convinced, that’s why they were silent for 12 days, without feedback, it’s to test these runewords in secretly =)

While Pez has stated that there are unannounced features of the patch, if Terror Zones are locked to Ladder only, then that will be the new incentive as opposed to runewords, which I assume will be left to Season 3, along with probably more item balancing. If Terror Zones are not contained to Ladder, but a core change for multiplayer as a whole, then they might be possibly holding them back to announce with the rest of 2.5, but doubtful due to Pez stating before PTR to temper expectations of balance/number changes.

I see there is a problem with TZs on Single player, I just don’t understand why not implement the feature in non-ladder. After all it’s the same - it’s online!!!

1 Like

It will come. After Ladder 2 ends. Or when ever they can figure out how to implemet it right, considering the /players command.

you’re missing the part where lots of areas are below level 85. With terror zones you can be getting XP in Tal Rasha tombs at character level 90 for example

Also terror zones being up in the highest levels makes them a good piece of content to look forward to.

PD2 is made by game addicts, not game designers. I am quite disgusted by its changes.

1 Like

Ladder 1 has not even ended yet…it’s too long time to wait…

One more time… there is a reason they do not look at the mods, and have restricted mod support. Just because you and a fringe minority enjoy them, does not mean the mass D2 players do.

More opinions should be welcome,
even they are on the opposite.

I’m a summon necromancer,

And I have already hit level 99.

It’s not easy to be help in an 8PP party for a necromancer.

Due to the low DPS,

no many efforts they can do,

thus,

have become less welcome.

To reach the goal,

we used to do boss rush in 8PP difficulty,

and it’s almost impossible for a necromancer to do it alone,

while it’s not for the other classes.

I was just lucky to have friends there to help me doing.
(and I have hosted Baal runs,

just to get the right to kill bosses alone)

Even with Terror Zones,

we may do the last leveling alone,

a necromancer still has no choice,

but to do it alone.

I’m afraid that but,

no,

It’s not enough for a necromancer…

Fringe minority comment made me laugh, your Comment will not age well once Full modding becomes a thing, which people are already Tinkering with. :joy:

So only Terro zones thats it ??

No QOL what so ever? item stacking, char slots, stash taps or currency tap?

Skipping this ladder for sure! I have had it with D2R the item management game!

2 Likes

SO TRUE! But becareful, maybe you get banned for a day. Like i did, because i put my opinion in this forum about the terror zone, that is useless to most of the playerbase.

Quality of life stuff and more replayability is probably the most important part to add. Instead of supporting streamers, like you said. Who lost speedrunning for 99. ^^

The worst part is, not adding TZ to single player. I don´t start again in ladder. So see ya Season 2 and i skip and play something else instead and have fun.

And don´t take this wrong, i do understand it´s a remake of a 20+ year old game.
But man … what´s the problem to add stuff that´s more like 2022?
Do so much people really care, that we get the exact game from 2000?
And don´t spice it up and have way more fun with it for the next couple years.

1 Like

the most important question is atm, when is the ptr update ?! we have to test the new ladder stuff (if there is anything haha) and the reworked terrorzones… why isnt there any date yet? Blizzard you want us to work for you so say any concrete stuff and not foggy statements (ptr ends soon)

This.

Also add monster density to TZ.

You guys just dont listen!

1 Like

If you’re like 70+ years old i get it why you are so impatitent. If not, and you’re not going to die any minute, well… deal with it.

1 Like