A portion of older Diablo 2 players are very resistant to change, why?

The game has changed with D2R. Terror zones, new runewords, shared stash, balance patches, etc. There aren’t any other new changes because the members of the dev team have either been let go or moved on to other projects. Sales have slowed down to pretty much non-existent and there aren’t micro transactions to fund future changes. So, I would say whether or not the community wants more change, it probably isn’t coming.

Yeah hahaha they cried about game is perfect and nn to change then said Mosaic is fun and 100% chance from item is good idea LOL

D3 was upadated last time so Im sure they update D2R, question is about time and quality of this/these updates. Maybe they realize its good idea to fight PoE2 and release patch shortly before PoE2 release or maybe to promote D4 so before D4 exp1/2 or even before D5 announcement. Quality is another question; maybe they add another mosaic sh1t or fix melee, update rares, unique, crafts, bad skills and fix real D2R problems.

Do you have any specific examples? I mean, there has been a wide array of suggestions, varying from widely accepted to most likely troll. Without specifics, you could be complaining about the extremely few that would go against literally any change (or simply people trolling) just as much as you could be complaining about normal people opposing an absurd suggestion you made.

All that being said, this game has mostly been marketed to players nostalgic of Diablo 2, a community that has a very strong dislike of Diablo 3. But to make the game appeal to newer players, there is a high chance you would need to make changes that get the game a lot closer to Diablo 3. (I’d say Terror Zones’ level scaling is already a massive step in the wrong direction.) As such, it isn’t strange that there is a disconnect there.

2 Likes

Here is a specific: HOW ABOUT AN ACT VI.

Another act. Another new climate zone. New Monsters A new Boss.

SAME GAME. With a new place to explore and grind. Simple. Give the dedicated Diablo 2 res players what they want and deserve. Simple but effective. You dont even have to give new loot or new skills or new characters. Just a new Act please. Call it an expansion or call it an update whatever…dont call it a new game. I will buy it.

Dont keep making Diablo 3 over and over again. Give Diablo 2 an expansion. Simple and effective. It will sell and revitalize the game that made blizzard. You owe it to us.

1 Like

How about a new Act in an Area like the Dakota Badlands for example?

1 Like

There would not be many room for an Act 6 in the lore before Diablo Immorals story starts…

But adding 4 quests to Act 4, adding some QoL like a (not to crazy) currency tab, making several of the unterutilized skills a bit more viable (hello poison dagger, hello inferno, hello several others) would be something I would pay money for.

And foremost rework several of the uniques now not useable by a margin.
Like here

See, that’s among the absurd requests that go on in the forums. They would have to recast the voice actors for the seven classes, plus any reoccurring NPC in that new act (typically Cain).
As for the boss of the act, since you’ve killed all 3 big baddies, plus 2 of the secondary cast, there’s no opponent that wouldn’t feel extremely contrived for that position.

That’s a way more doable scope there.
Hell, adding new classes is way more realistic than a new act.

I am sorry your imagination is so limited. Acy VI is what we want. We dont play for the voice actors. You just dont get it.

LOL I ONLY WANT THIS YOU DON’T GET IT.

mann… that’s now how things work. either way, we’re not getting an act 6. so keep on talking like you have a good idea or something. holy hell the people here are special.

1 Like

Who is “we”? After +20 years i don’t

1 Like

By we… I mean my discord group of ACTIVE hardcore D2 ladder players. We play nearly everyday. We play for the grind and to tweak our end game gear. We level up our pals who die. We grind for better torches and annis. We play for the fun. Believe me. I say we would LOVE an ACT VI. It is what we want. We tried D3. We tried D4. Fool us twice. We know what we want.

1 Like

Nothing wrong with wanting… But the reality is the chance of getting what you want in this particular case is basically zero. (From Blizzard anyway)

Not trying to be mean or anything, just laying the truth on the line.

Multiplayer mods will eventually come to D2:R via hacking… (Just like they did with the OG) That will provide the escape from the norm that you’re looking for from this remaster of the 24 and counting year old game.

1 Like

I advocate some changes:

1. Creation of two game modes: Adventure (this is exactly what we have today after completing the story in Hell mode) and History (to be able to redo the story of the game, many people like to rewatch a good movie, reread a good book , there are books that I have read and reread several times and there is always something interesting that I hadn’t noticed in previous readings).
  2. I owe an adjustment to the difficulty of the TZs (an increase in difficulty, without changing the loot or the current XP gain, I know that there are many people who feel very stimulated by the challenge, I am among them).
  3. I also advocate that TZs be expanded, taking place in more places at the same time, it’s very annoying to keep logging in and out of the game to do exactly the same thing in the same place, I know there are those who like it, particularly, that’s not my case , with more terrorized areas there would not be this problem.
    These are the main changes I advocate.

Because nothing is perfect

Only dumb people set for Good enough and don’t strive to improve when there is potential to improve

There are so many little changes I made in my mod that keep the feeling of the game and make it much more enjoyable … and don’t take much time or effort to make

• rune & gem upgrade recipe simplification
  • rune &gem downgrade recipe
  • dyes
  • item reskin recipe
  • Larzuk socketing cube recipe
  • Charsie imbue cube recipe
  • proper models for superuniques(ie:Treehead wood fist is now a Ent from act 3, Boneash is a Doomknight,etc)

And some changes with more impact that make it better as well:

• dismantling uniques to get ressources for multiple functions
  • unique/set upgrade that also improves the affixes of the item
  • crafting that has a chance to keep the affixes of the sacrificed item
  • synergy system rework to reduce the 1 skill focus
  • synergy system rework that works crossclass which makes Oskills not garbage
  • turn charges into Oskill or supercharge(500-1000charges and better lvl)
1 Like

The profound answer to your question was given more than two thousand years ago by the wise man of Ephesus: “for those who enter the same rivers, other and new waters flow”. Are you able to understand?

This is an echo chamber.

1 Like

You mean, being able to reset a quest without getting its rewards again ?

For 2 and 3, I think it’s more of an issue of debating how Terror Zones should work. In my case, I’d simply like an option to not have them scale (make them directly max level) with my character’s level. An option, not a change that is forced on players that do like the scaling. Other than that, I don’t have an issue with making them harder or looking into solutions to make them apply to more areas (I think the idea is to push players to play in different areas to reduce monotony, so that’s probably the main thing to keep in mind).

1 Like

You hit the nail with your first statement, nothing is perfect.

Why is it dumb to not set for good enough in a videogame? D2 is decated old and a we just got a remaster not a remake. I know always the same reasoning.

But hey, nothing is perfect but let’s improve until it is, while I already know it will never ever happen.
It’s not like I’m building a car or whatever.
The devs set the game to good enough. To me it’s good enough, a timeless masterpiece I will play over and over again. I know that I’m not the minority saying this.

Why simplify? It’s simple enough already. Just give me a button where I can reroll my crafted caster ammy lol.

Downgrade runes would actually be stupid since Higher rune ≠ More usefull and more expensive rune. Making a Jah out of a Cham or a Lo out of a Sur, it’s all about certain rune that all build will need more or less. Not every runword but still.

Dyes. I don’t know man, all these suggestions are modern stupid things that a old game like d2 does not need. We will end up like ff14 and don’t play the game anymore, instead we do fashion shows. Put a emerald in your white shako.

Item reskin. I see this already ending in monetisation.

Larzuk socketing cube recipe, charsie imbue cube recipe. We got this as questreward, so you basically would like to remove the meaning REWARD for that quest?

proper models for superuniques(ie:Treehead wood fist is now a Ent from act 3, Boneash is a Doomknight,etc)
I mean would not be something that effects the game at all and maybe not bad. I can just mention the A5 cain example.

no thx…

Of course yes, this is in the interests of a group of players, and it won’t change anything in the lives of others, so why not?

Although I don’t care for a lot of Anu/Sekscalibure’s ideas, most of which are in line with modern-Blizzard garbage, the removal of the gem requirement for upgrading runes is one I will agree with. In addition, I’d take it a step further and make it 2x runes across the board for upgrading.

It would help a bit with the storage problem.

2 Likes