A different Feedback about the New Runewords!

I like the idea of creating mid runewords and new equipment to help reducing the gap between phases of the game and even styles of play, but i have to disagree with the philosophy around the runewords Mosaic and Metamorphosis.

You see, martial arts and shapeshifters need help, really, but creating itens that change mechanics of the class is not the way to do it.

When you create special mechanics in specific itens, you kill itemization, making the item mandatory (if such change in fact helps the skill).

That being said, the changes should be made directly to the class skill, for example, put the marks on the Lycanthropy passive, makign it exclusive to the class, or at the respective werewolf/werebear skill, making it possible to use with other classes when using stuff like beast runeword, if thats intended, but dont make an item that is needed to make a class feature work.

In the case of assassin i can even give another example. Imagine that, after creating these claws, she still need another help for MA, and they create a helmet wich alway get 3 charges on hit. The MA assassin will now lose claws + helmet itemization, because you need those features to make it playable.

So please, skill changes should happen directly on character, making all finishers having the chance to not spend charges, being it fixed or growing chance, but stop creating itens that nullify itemization, let those kinds of equipment stay on D3.

As i am here, i would like to also give an idea for hustle armor: Give it 2 teleport charges with replenish charges 3-5 seconds, effectively giving an strategic teleport without having the OP power of enigma.

18 Likes

Fully agree. I can also imagine a new mechanic, increas duration of charges on charge skills.

I could see them seperately also, mark of the wolf on werewolf skill, and mark of the bear on werebear skill.

5 Likes

Plz change the classes nota itens…

2 Likes

For sure, both could be inside the correct shapesifting skill and work only while transformed, that wouldallow for use oskill too, but not as a pre buff.

3 Likes

Completely agree!

Plus allow teleporting in shapeshifted form, please.

3 Likes

Martial Arts and Transfiguration should be buffed respectively. We desperately need the buff of the skill itself, not the method dependent on the item. In the current hunting meta, martial arts assassins and shapeshifting druids are trash.

4 Likes

It’s the opposite. Enchant beast RW bear When the Sorceress is teleported, a 77k normal attack will give a one-shot one-kill to the boss.

Since it is no longer a Druid’s transformation, sorceresses destroying the ecosystem are born.

I agree OP.

Making minor adjustments to the skills themselves vs adding items that, while decent, become mandatory or worse - pre-buff swapouts.

I like your Hustle Armor idea - 2 Tele charges, regens in x-x seconds.
Would be a great mid-game utility Armor. Not able to be spammed, but at least some mobility and escape~reposition capability.
Necro needs Skeles to group up? Tele.
Want to shortcut Arcane Sanc Corner? Tele
Get bogged down and in a tough spot, maybe going to die? Tele.

+1

*edited - added quote of OPs Hustle idea

3 Likes

That’s not really a concern. Sorceresses are more powerful as themselves and have better casting/blocking frames - and access to static field. If all they wanted to do was kill a boss in one hit, they could already teleport there, change and strike. A bear sorc is expensive and D-Tier, and allowing teleport won’t change that.

Not being able to teleport hurts Shapeshifting druids. They don’t have any skills to use outside of form, and are very frail.

Strongly agree with this and most people around here seem to as well. I hope that they take it onboard after PTR is done.

Just putting in another: I fully agree with this thread.

The teleport skill must disappear from Enigma. Then everything is balanced.

Or alternatively, apply cooldown time per skill lv of teleport, increase mana cost to 100-300, and use it only for emergency evasion.

1 Like

I just can’t wrap my head around the fixation on Teleport.
What causes such…distress?
Look: It was an available skill to be Learned as far back a Diablo 1.
It’s been part of the Sorceress kit since og Diablo 2.
The Developers decided: Let’s make a Runeword with an oSkill to Teleport for all: Enter Enigma.
Man we’re looking at 20 YEARS!
Understand 1 thing and you will feel much much better: Teleport and Enigma are, for all intents and purposes, A Core Aspect of Diablo 2!
It’s not going anywhere.
It will not be “nerfed”.
It’s long since here to stay.
Get over it.

A serious Question for you - Please answer as truthfully as you’re capable of:
Do you truly, honestly and sincerely crave with all your heart a Diablo 2 where Walking to Andy and Meph ETC becomes the only way to play?
If that’s the game you want so badly - You have it!!
You can do that every single time, every session, every MF run.
That’s YOUR Freedom of Choice!

Other’s will CHOOSE to play the game the way it was DESIGNED.
Don’t conflate your personal opinions, desires, resentments or dissatisfaction etc - essentially your method of gameplay or personal philosophy, with that of the rest of the community, the game at large and how it was designed to be played.

2 Likes

I’m afraid that I’m not following you. You first said that we can’t allow teleporting in Shapeshifted form because it would make Sorceresses more powerful. Now you’re saying that we need to nerf all the other classes’ ability to teleport? We’re talking about Shapeshifting Druids here. Not everything needs to be about Sorceresses. Is that the only class you play?

D2 is a fast-paced action RPG. We need to improve the movement speeds of some classes to catch up and provide variety. The game is about killing monsters - not the time walking to them.

What if, when transforming into a bear with the Beast Runeword, the paladin uses a fist, charges, and uses a smite? Haven’t you ever thought about it? Just teleport? Didn’t you ever think that human greed has no end, and all balance collapses? Is it absolutely the right choice to open all magic skills in transformation form? Granting teleport means that you can freely use the skills of other characters. A bear with a beast pala bear flax bow and throw a javelin and bear barbarian will ask for w-w too. You should already know better that asking for only druids to be possible is unreasonable.

You must not apply any of the skills of other characters while transformed into Transfiguration. It’s not Diablo 2 anymore, it’s going to be a chaotic party with no personality… Rather, ask for an increase in the duration of the running buff you got from the Maul skill.

Freebuffs using beasts, freebuffs using CTA, freebuffs using hustle, freebuffs using enchanted weapons, Do you dream of a future where all of these are free and everyone can teleport? It is an amazing fantasy that can be seen only in illegal free servers or modes where it is impossible to distinguish whether it is a bear or a human.

Do you really want to be ‘druid only can teleport’…? Why don’t you ask me to change the skill base so that I can freely cast teleport in the form of transformation?! Ask them to make it special for druids only…

It does kinda break logic, why can were forms specifically use teleport and not other skills? I say just bake frw into lycanthropy. I would love it if they could add an active ability to it like dash or something, but that’s me day dreaming.

Please do not ignore the balance that already exists. There is a way to reduce the motion speed of returning from transformation form to human again, then teleport again and retransform into a bear/wolf. Transformation is a choice, and teleportation is also a choice. The ability to teleport when transforming those two advantages is to ask for preferential treatment only for certain skills. Why only teleport open?! Wouldn’t you like to request that all skills be used after transformation? Why only druids? The runeword of Beast has already drawn the line. All characters can transform, but cannot use any skills after transformation. I don’t know if only druids are trying to cross that line. Crossing the line requires giving every character a chance. Let it all turn into a bear/wolf. And after the pre-buff, they will ask you to change them so that you can freely use all your skills. Want to see a zoo using your unique skills to the fullest?

But it should never change like that.

This game is absolutely not bearblo2 or wolflo2.

Hey bro,

if you want to teleport, you can do it in druid human form. And at your destination, you can transform and rampage as much as you like, be it a bear or a wolf.

OK. I can see where you’re coming from. For the record, I don’t think anyone here would be in favor of all skills being usable while shifted. We’re talking teleport only because it’s a movement skill that becomes available to everyone except Shapeshifters. I think that allowing it makes the build more viable and less clunky, but doesn’t add anything to the power. We’re talking about one of the slowest builds that is very rarely played. It’s not overpowered to allow teleporting while shifted, any it won’t buff any other class if they still can’t use their class skills.