A 2 handed build that can do hell?

Thanks for all of those advice.

I think it’s the streamer MrLlamaSc who wrote those guide but i don’t know for sure.

See now why i came on the forum instead of googling it? Because here, you can have better advice from all kind of different people.

Some advice are bad and some are incredibly good. You gave me good advice and i appreciate it.

My thread was not about to brag or giving advice, i just ask advice to community, it’s what a forum is for normally (lots use it for crying though).

So again, big thanks to you for your explanation and advice.

1 Like

2 grief phase blades is probably the best whirlwind setup you can have. a 2h can do pretty well too though. If you get a good eth 6 socket base for botd you can do some serious damage.

As I said earlier you can easily have very high defense numbers on a barb, especially if you are using concentrate. 19k is very achievable. Hell I have 2k armor at level 22 barb with sigon’s set…

2 Likes

Your advice is noted, thanks for sharing it.

Although, i would love to try a full fun without any runeword and a 2H weapon. Don’t know if it’s manageable, i’ll see it on the road :smiley:

The only think i will need though for WW is insight on my merc for the mana, the rest, i’ll stay with non runeword item, just for the fun of it.

If you want to make a phys bowzon look for some solid 4 socket bow for a harmony. Before that however, I actually have a cliffkiller bow that I was quite fond of. It carried me all the way through nightmare and the start of hell until I made a harmony bow. It’s yours if you want it.

Edit:

In that case Immortal King has you covered. I think its probably the best whirlwind setup if you are not using runewords.

2 Likes

If you get decent mana leach, you won’t even need the Insight merc for a barb. Just the mana leach from IK set alone (if you decide to do 2H IK Maul WW barb) is more than enough to sustain WW in my experience.

1 Like

My 2h WW barb (ebotd Great Poleaxe) can clear all hell content solo in 8 player games with ease.

1 Like

Thanks, i thought it was a runeword cliffkiller so i googled it.

I already have it (my game is in french, it’s not the same name). But thanks for the offer though. Really appreciate it

If you decide to go for elemental bowzon instead of phys, a Ral-Ral-Ral shortbow can literally carry you through nightmare and probably part of hell. For explosive arrow you don’t care about the bow’s damage, only the attack speed and how much fire damage it does. Kuko Shakaku would be a great upgrade over it though if you can find one. You want fire damage on the bow because any fire damage gets added to explosive arrow explosions.

1 Like

I love that thread, so much advice :smiley:

Also, for a barb, and a bowazon, did i need to put a lot of dexterity or will i get them from object?

An IK Barb is IMO the best choice for wanting to mess around with a 2 hander character that can crush Hell. It’s relatively cheap these days considering how good it is. If you do this, a couple things to note:

• Socket the weapon with +30% attack speed for max ww frames (2x shaels or 2x 15ias/ED jewels optimally). And try to get a 40% crushing blow weapon.
  • Socket the helm with 2x shaels to hit the 86% breakpoint (you’ll be at 90 with just IK set and no reliance on charms or other gear to hit the 4 frame breakpoint).
  • Get a ravenfrost and angelic ring + amulet for super budget / super effective jewelry. You can also go highlords + bul kathos, etc. if your’e rich.

20 WW
20 Mace mastery
20 BO
20 Shout
1 berserk, speed, iron skin, resistance,
Dump any extra into iron skin
You can also get 1 point in taunt / battle cry for the useful debuffs if you can spare points.

Get enough strength to wear the armor, rest into vitality.

Easy to play, super effective, super cheap and badass.

Also for anyone wanting to try this:

• The armor and weapon from the IK set have high level requirements. So try to get your hands on the Steeldriver Great Maul. It’s really overpowered for most of the leveling process. This way you can also invest in mace mastery early and benefit the skill while you level.
  • You can also equip 3/6 IK by level 31 if you are okay with investing in enough strength to equip it.
  • You will also need some mana leech until you get to level 76 so I just used a 7% manald, but anything works.
  • You’ll need a chestpiece with good resists until level 76 as well. Duriel’s Shell, Goldskin, Smoke, Duress, etc. are examples of some good cheap options.
3 Likes

For bowazon you definitely need some dex to equip the higher end bows like grand matron. You can get away with 0 dex for a long time though if you go elemental because you don’t care about hitting things.

For barb some weapons don’t require dex, you can get away with just strength and vitality. You will be hurting for attack rating with no dex though. Will need good attack rating gear to compensate.

1 Like

I highly recommend fury Druid. I really like it with heart of wolverine. Ik maul would be your best budget tool. Laying of hands and racen frost are also necessary.

1 Like

For barb you don’t want to put anything into dex beyond what will be required for your end game weapon. Typically this is very little.

Nothing into energy.

Rest split between STR and VIT. Some people (myself included) split these about evenly since STR increases melee damage.

Some people only put enough STR to wear their gear and then dump the rest into VIT.

It’s up to you and there is a lot of good discussion you can find by searching on the topic.

2 Likes

I actually spec’d out of speed on my ww barb. Slower walk speed means your whirls are slower, which means monsters spend a longer time in your animation.

If you’re too fast you’ll spin right through everything and only hit each mob once or twice.

1 Like

Oh interesting, yeah that’s why some people don’t like “Cannot be frozen” on ww barb too lol. I love having a ton of move speed on barb, but I may need to consider this.

I use my IK barb (literally same build as what I posted above) for farming certain content, such as Hell countess, so move speed is nice for just getting from A to B.

2 Likes

If you want to melt your brain and make your nose bleed, then I highly recommend reading through Rikstakers Diablo 2 WW Barb Guide found on purdiablo dot com.

Dude is like a PhD and literally breaks down every single stat, mechanic and gear choice related to the build.

It’s full of great info, if not a bit difficult to read through.

2 Likes

WW barbs were fun back in 1.09 with GF. Best pvp class outside of WF GA Zon. Those with hacked Ith swords were unkillable xD. I never played Barb after 1.09. Ele druids are fun to play but in endgame gear with Enigma. Cold and physical damage. Noice.

1 Like

Nice, yes I’ve heard of this guide, I really ought to sit down and read through it. WW barb has always been one of my fave character types.

1 Like

I find it odd that some people seem cheerful about hacked items. I hope we never have to suffer that crap here.

Great advice about the helm! I always forget about that option, and with full IK set usually resists are covered, so you don’t need those sockets for that.

You can also socket the armor with a -15% req jewel or hel rune and save some STR. That gets it down to 197 but you’ll still need 225 to use the maul, so it’s not as big of a STR saving as it seems. Still 7 str could be 7 VIT.

1 Like