A 2 handed build that can do hell?

Hello,

I want to do a 2 handed build, there is so cool 2 handed weapon in game and everyone always finish with the same spirit sword and shield, it’s boring.

So, which class for a 2 handed that can handle hell without too much trouble?

I thought about a zerk barb but i don’t know much that class so.

Also other things, i will do a full run without any runeword, only “real” item.

Barbarian would be a smart choice, An amazon is a smart choice too.

1 Like

Whirlwind Barb probably best for it. Could go Fury Werewolf Druid but you won’t see your weapon when shapeshifted.

2 Likes

The earth shifter maul for the druid can be used in hell, granted it’s technically a caster/elemental weapon.

Thanks for the reply everyone.

The druid is fun but i hate the elemental tree.

I never did a barb to high level though. WW seems fun but back in the day, i don’t remember if it was good enough for hell. Did zerk still put some magic damage to WW?

Whirlwind has no synergy at all, Concentration is the skill you are probably thinking that has magic damage from Berserk.

WW are not gonna have a problem for physical immune?

Yes, but you can switch to berserk (lvl 1 + skill from stuff) to take care of them.

1 Like

shapeshift druid
20 werewolf
20 lycanthrope
20 feral rage
20 fury
20 heart of wolverine OR oak sage
1 grizzly bear

2 Likes

I try something like that, not tanky enough for me.

Werebear were fun though, but the aoe were not amazing …

Ya I’m not a druid fan in general, I tried hurricane, twister, fissure build and with a few plus to skills he does decent in hell and can easily kill most things…but I still dislike him lol.

Barbarian is one of the few classes that can get armor levels high enough that they are near immune to physical attacks.
For one point you get 30% increased armor from iron skin, and all +skills increase that. You could even invest more hard points into it but probably not worth. That stacks with shout, which stacks with defiance aura from a merc… You can easily get defense higher than 15k with those.

Granted some things have attacks that are gaurenteed to hit and elemental attacks can’t miss so it won’t help you there.

1 Like

Honestly I find it hilarious the “no changes” cries from people. Some changes… would help to make stuff better. Like using the new Player Models in WoW Classic… but no people wanted the 20 year old ugly models.

The sad story here is, that all that casters need in Diablo 2, at all… is seemingly +skills, MF, Teleport and then they put the rest of their Status Points into Vitality, so they get 2 HP per Vit point.

But 2hand specially… there are 3 classes you can play. Either a Amazon on Jab and Fend or on the 3 Lighting melee skills with a pure melee 2h Speer. Or a Barbarian on Concentrate/Berserk… and lastly a Druid on Shapeshifting.

2 Likes

No one should use fend as more than a meme build. That skill is horribad.

1 Like

this looks solid but god does it look boring lol. steelmage played that and he went from spinning to win to scuffed zeal :wink:

1 Like

The tankiness of the werewolf comes from keep Feral Rage maxed to have crazy life leech with a 2 hander

I actually like the concept of it. It is similar to the Paladins Zeal which I and a friend used long long ago before LoD was a thought. Was quite fun, Zeal that is.

That being said, in actual gameplay… Fend is only topped by playing a Curser Necromancer… if that would be a think like Singer Barbarian is.

But hey!.. maybe you have a better idea of a “Two Handed Class” that is viable in Hell, I could only come up with a Concentrate/Berserk Barbarian… and both skills can be done with 1h as well as with 2h… :stuck_out_tongue:

So yeah… my answer was a meme answer and sarcastic in nature.

Nothing is stopping you from using a 2h on a paladin. You can actually get some pretty insanely high damage numbers that way with vengeance. I used to hit well past 20k with 2h vengadin. Not a super popular build but… I liked it :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I like the Concentration-Zerker barbarian. They practically walk through the game.

1 Like

They do walk through the game. At a snail’s pace :sweat_smile:

I really wish concentrate or berserk did at least a little splash damage.

2 Likes