A 2 handed build that can do hell?

As it was said before. You can go fury druid, its totally underated and with decent gear its among the best melee classes. But if you like the look of the weapon then it doesent help because you wont see it.

2 Likes

Not sure what you’re talking about. But I crushed normal with my Barb in a day. And he’s only lvl 35.

Ok but you are hitting things one target at a time. Go into hell difficulty and see how long it takes you to kill a large group compared to a sorc that just throws a frozen orb and blows it up in one shot.

Not all are gonna be easily killed with frost orb.
I should have invested some points in fire and lightning.

I’ve played both sorc and barb the most out of all the classes. The difference in kill speeds is pretty incredible.

For early on as a solo sorc in hell, 20 frozen orb 10 cold master 20 meteor and as many into its synergies as possible.

That’s the best build for solo sorc imo, at least until you get to where you are just farming bosses then you can pure cold, or lightning with infinity.

unfortunately grizzely is too far down the tree and and too many pre-reqs , but i play shapeshift and i ALWAYS use a 2hander

best imo is ebotd great poleaxe, but ebotd archon staff has slightly better damage and 50% more damage to undead if your ok with as shorter attack range. and many people enjoy the whack sound for the staff better.

the cheap option is shealed upped ribcracker. (sadly u do need to use a sheal after u upp it because after it’s upped the wep base is slower and wont be 5 frames anymore as a stalagtite without said sheal)

Just TP past immune packs, or immune heavy areas.

Melee build, most likely amazon(spearzon),barbarian(almost any melee 2handed weapon), druid(same as barb), assassin(trickier but workable) or paladin(2handed maces, 2handed swords or spears).

Ranged ones, you can work with some classes like amazon(bowzons), necro(paired with curses and bone walls/bone prisons), druid(werewolf/bear and non transformed variants with summons), assassin(not optimal) maybe paladin(not optimal).

All of them should be hell capable, wouldn’t be optimal but could work just fine. You would use your skills to improve your odds.

1 Like

Back in old D2 i enjoyed Werewolf druid with 3 qolves and an ik maul with a shael or even better IAS+DMG jewel (not sure right now if it reaches the breakpoint with the latter) plus a VERY optional cham if you can afford it.

Dammit, i just woke up and there is so much answer. Thanks a lot.

I still don’t know what i will try, i saw yesterday night a leap/WW barb who wreck everything in hell with 19k def but has 2 1handed sword. leap in a pack, WW, rinse and repeat, that seems pretty funny.

A leap/WW tank barb would be fun, and for what i’ve seen, it’s very viable in hell. I just don’t hope the build was on path of diablo 2 though…

IK barb (maul is 2-handed :wink: )
Any Berzerk, Whirlwind, Concentrate Barb
Fury Druid
Wolfbarb with Tomb Reaver
Technically a Bowazon, try using a bow with only one hand :stuck_out_tongue:

If not a Berzerk barb or a barb with atleast 1 point in berzerk, I’d advise to have a source of Amplify or Decrepify.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot, i didn’t even think of bowazon.

I’m just annoyed about build with shield, everyone wants shield and runeword. I know they are more “meta” but i don’t care.

I wanna make this run 2 handed and without any runeword (except insignt on my merc)

Yeah I’m doing a playthrough with a bowazon after probably 15 years after last playing one.
Still not sure whether I make an Icy or Physical zon.

IK has all normal rune slots and works fine, so would be an option, lots of elemental and magic damage so quite diverse.
If you go physical and have enough mana leech, you could even go Reaper’s Toll on Merc, and go completely runeword free.

1 Like

I’ll check into that.

I don’t have much in my stash cause i give it a lot for free but i’ll see what i have and try a WW barb AND a physical bowazon after then :smiley:

whirlwind barb (budget is obv full ik or even ik without the chest as thats the hardest piece)

fury druid (same as barb full ik set is good budget esp since the weapon does elemental with most of the set equipped and weapon has very fast atk speed if shaeled), a better weapon like ribcracker isnt too hard to get and build comes with built in lifesteal and move speed with 1 pt feral rage. And it has ridiclous attack rating making fixing it easy and insane hp easily over 2.5k in rubbish stuff or 3k+ in good stuff with heart of the wolverine. or easily 5k+ with oak sage. This is my prefered budget melee as you move so fast with feral rage that it kinda makes up for no teleport and its so tanky and its not hard to gear esp since im seeing full ik set offers for cheap and thats fine for hell (though you cannot use the helm but still rest of the set and jalal mane is really good)

1 Like

Wow is a good example. Blizzard listened to all the people whining on forums and shaped the game accordingly. Result was garbage and of course everyone still complained.
Change is not inherently good, especially if it’s something that stood the test of time for 20 years it’s very hard to do better and 99% result will be bad. Even though there are special snowflakes from time to time that think they know better, they almost never actually do.

2 Likes

Spell builds are just so much better for Mfing and clearing than melee and other builds that are dependent on weapon damage that’s why you’re seeing them. Also there’s Grief runeword for one hand which is best melee weapon. But sure play around with what you want and just have fun.

1 Like

Don’t care about the speed of MFing or the clearing speed. I will spend years on this game if the server stay open, so i have time :smiley:

20 years ago, i had a blizzard sorc, it was so damn annoying… teleport blizzard blizzard teleport. Leave game, reopen a new one, rinse and repeat.

At least with melee those damn mob is a pain to kill and run after, it’s fun :smiley: Oh and also i hate to potion manage my whole inventory because my life/mana play yoyo. So, i prefer a melee tank, with insight on my merc and here we go for hundreds of hours of fun.

1 Like

barbartian has 3 boring bland trees. ww is the only fun skill on barb and little synergy

druid has 3 awwesomely different trees and amazing synergy

barb is like barbie for men

1 Like

obedience great poleaxe then mf to ebotd or death runeword