50% MF increase?

So they say +50% MF for the weekend. That should mean that when I equip my Shako with a perf topaz (which is 74 mf) I should see an increase of 111mf in my advanced stats … correct? 74 +50%=111
But I just see the 74mf coming on and off as I add the shako or take it off. Am I missing something?

It’s an additional flat 50% bonus. It’s additive, not multiplicative.

So, for example if all you had was a ptopaz HQ Shako, you’d have 124% magic find.

A brand new character would enter the game with 50% magic find.

i have 0mf and since 1hour i have 50mf in my advanced stats windows

well blah … I thought this was going to be something nice…

It’s better than nothing, wouldn’t you agree?

1 Like

Very true …but still lol

It has more of an impact for those with less magic find, as there are diminishing returns the higher your magic find is.

So, if you want to make the most use of it (and if you can), swap out an item or two that roughly equals 50% magic find for items that make your character clear areas faster. If your character is already the bees knees when it comes to clearing areas quickly, then just roll on with the small bump to finding good items.

1 Like

Depends. If you are farming for bases… kinda worse than nothing.

Yes, base item hunting is a valid concern against the buff… Yeah it will put a small dent in base item drops. Plus, it’s only for a few days.

If they had an option to turn it off, that would solve that concern.

I did nab this though right before the bonus started. :stuck_out_tongue:

https://imgur.com/gallery/aAcdZjR

1% off, but hey still a nice base. Woulda sucked to see that be a blue.

1 Like

Crocodile Dundee: “Noice” :+1:

I also found a sup Archon with 14% ED, no durability though.

1 Like

Yeah almost perfects are one of those things that keep me farming in this game 20 years later lol. You always know… well I can still do 1% better… haha. It’s dumb, and it makes so sense… but I love it.

its not 50% its 25% tnks blizz for being a bunch of clucks 50% of 368 isnt 418 its 552.
so what the fk is up u like lieing just to make people play?

wow its worst then that its like 20% magic find boost blizz the master of deception

I’ve got 598 sup archon too for the first time ever. Considering to make non-eth fort.
As far MF my sorc shows 595 and hdin 520 now. Just found and sold Tal Armor … so MF weekend - lets go!

It’s just a small bonus, there’s still a few people crying all over the forum about how it ruined the game forever though :person_facepalming:t6:

just wow iv been trying too break this down i have 368 base mf in classic and the bonus is at 418mf the numbers say its worst then 20% MF boost…

man blizz do u ever not lie anymore? master of shady practices now are we?
bobbys world much?

The bonus is additive, not multiplicative.

:white_check_mark: 368+50 = 418
:x: 368*1.5 = 552

1 Like

%50 isnt just 50MF jedi its 50% again at that point its false advertising guess i should screenshot that and also report it too the FTC

plz dont go defending this trash company so much shade

:laughing:

Good luck with that.

no wonder everyone quit this trash game, ur too complacent,u love it when blizz steps on ur nuts and calls it a friendy gesture