[2.4 Patch] WW Barbarian is still Bugged & Unplayable

its weird. You should have same ias than before if you didnt add any on gear, and more if you did. Not less…

Mates, could you say in short - is Whirlwind now better, or worse than before 2.4.3 patch?

For me it is TOTALLY WORSE…WW AS now is affected by freezing…
And is easily defeated by Holy Freeze…

2 Likes

Barb is buried under the totem pole, it’s horrible.

2 Likes

Can someone make a table showing the frames before and after the patch for different weapons and different ias, otherwise it’s just guessing

this should help:

Blizzard need to fix barb…AGAIN!!!

2 Likes

need fix for decrep / freeze / slow.
ww always been imune to theese effect. im sure it must be a bug and lizzard wont nerf ww that hard on porpuse. i mean its a melee char, why should they nerf melee char.
also need a fix to use 2handers again. i guess this must be a bug aswell. why would u kill all weapon diversity on barb?

4 Likes

Remove slow effects - You are stuck in WW, can’t use pots/teleport while in WW animation, so no Slow was the tradeoff. It was a unique mechanic and it was fine.

Improve IAS breakpoints especially for 2hand Weapons.

Adjust % damage per WW level from 5% to 7%. Melee already struggle with “chance to miss” and “chance to block”, so at least let them do damage when they hit, as casters always hit like a truck.

6 Likes

no body look at that topics there are randoms working they destroy barb char they dont know a basic mechanism from oryginal game :smiley: child from blizz are happy he can use grief pb xD morons

2 Likes

i think is going too be more simple too just give up on the game anyway is a dead game already

Sounds like they destroyed your PVP characters too. They keep messing up melee.

2 Likes

na barb is better now than before the fix in pvp. That being said its annoying to get slowed. Blizzard modifying how whirl attack speed works and not realising it would also impact how the skill behave confronted to slow… how surprising…

2 Likes

Blizz knew slow would affect WW when they allowed skill IAS to increase WW speed, the devs aren’t that ignorant contrary to popular belief.

Slow is annoying but you can still reach 5 FPA with Grief BA + Beast BA + Highlords against 50% slow and both weapons get a hitcheck at the 4th frame now, making short WWs even more effective.

“The dev aren’t that ignorant contrary to popular belief”
I admire your opimism sir

1 Like

5 FPA is slower than 4 FPA.

Better but still not where it should be. If it wouldn’t be for the messed up hit checks before the patch, it would be way worse.

Indeed, but it’s not horribly slow like it is with other skills.

Short WWs don’t care about slowing effects since you always get the free 4 frame hitchecks (only with 1H weapons though, 2H weapons no longer get the free hitchecks).

true, but the bigest problem for pvp isnt whirl itself but the hit recovery mechanic from 2.4. You cant stun people at all with triwhirl. No change to whirl will fix that

1 Like

It’s still a nerf on already “weak” melee that was not necessary. It reduces your weapon choices and made WW overall worse. They also reduced the skill %ed after lvl 27.

That’s true, but I’m advocating for both, PvP and PvM. I see both as issues and both need fixing. I also see a problem in the nerfed werebear ias.

Well, i have same opinion than you on both subject. We will see what 2.5 brings

1 Like