Loot and Terror zones - info and tips/tricks

Right, thats only thing for ladder.

1 Like

Very helpful, thanks a lot!

Guess I’ll get to grinding some levels if the TZ isn’t one for my FoH

1 Like

Is there any chance that those Terror Zones will come in offline mode? In any time soon…

Nobody knows. Only blizzard.

Does that mean I’m 89, or the TZ, to get everythihng available? Sorry for asking, I’m just not 100% sure and couldn’t find the answer.

I made this topic so people can benefit from it and also ask question so thats fine :slight_smile:

If you have level 89, unique, champions and normal monsters and also objects can drop everything in terror zones with exception of some ultra rare magic/rare items with magic suffixes /prefixes which are not important at all.

Super unique monsters and bosses have normaly limited treasure class. To explain this, for example baal hell can drop items from highest TC 87. Game basicly make roll on tc87 items first. If it fails, it goes down to tc84, and down and down untill you have success with roll and item base is picked.

Ok so what about diablo hell? He has only TC 84 so he cant drop tc87 bases like diadem, corona or sacred armor for example. Thats why he never drop these unique items even as he has monster lvl 94 high enough to drop uniq version. But since he cant even drop tc 87 base, logicaly he cant drop uniq version of that item either.

Super uniq monsters have same, below act 5 super uniques have limited treasure class, usualy to 78.

Ok what all that means in relation of new terror zones? Well there is multiple level brackets for super uniq monsters and bosses. You can read about it in my first posts. Treasure classes is increasing together with their monster level.

So suddendly our diablo hell with monster level being your level +5 so 89+5=94 will reach first level bracket of terror zone for him. So he will have access to tc87 bases. Basicly he will have drop as hell baal.

But there is one higher level bracket, previously unused for bosses and majority of super uniq monsters. That special treasureclads can be accessed with monster being at level 96.

For that you need to create terror zone with level 91. What it does? Well tc 87 is maximum for armor and weapon types, but their new TC will roll for tc 87 items twice and then it goes to lower TC where it rolls on tc 87 once, then again it goes down untill succesful roll pick the item base.

So basicly your character at lvl 89 getting loot from killed diablo hell will have one roll for tc87 weapon/armor. But my barb at level 91 will have 3 rolls for tc87 items so definitely higher chance. Because my diablo hell in terror zone will be 91+5 so 96.

If you have some additional questions, feel free to ask, i will gladly explain and answer.

1 Like

Nope, nothing further to ask, your reply clears it up nicely. I’m lvl 87 right now so will have access to all but the shiniest shinies, I need to get to Clvl 89 to get all the precioussesssss :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well 91 to get best possible chance to find stuff :slight_smile:

1 Like

I best get my finger out!!! Where’s best to level at 87? TZs or CS/WSK?

It was painful honestly, idk what your build is. Preferably solo high lvl zones in game with more people, baalruns or terror zones. Some terror zones are worse than baalrubs for xp tho.

Cold sorc and sadly mostly solo play, my friends zerg to their “end game” then quit >< I have reasonable gear but nothing excessively OP. Baalruns and lightning squids make my eyes bleed :frowning:

Lol :joy: squids haha good nick name. Well try to find game with more people and farm ancient tunnels or stony tomb solo there. Split runs are good for that. If you have sunder charm you have more options to go. For example chaos.

Thank you for your input and info, I have many nick names for most mobs, stygian dolls = murder grapes, for example :slight_smile:

2 Likes

in the upgraded zones, I feel like there is no drop at all. And I think that if the zone does not have a location level 85, then even this improvement does not contribute to the drop of items that can be obtained from level 85 locations. Even if the player is level 90, therefore the zone is level 92 but there is still no drop. paradox.

1 Like

I honestly have no clue what do you mean.

What no drop? Elites have always drop.

why level 91?

This seems the highest requirement?
Higher level increases drop chance? Why not past 91?
(all serious Qs)

To have super uniques and bosses at level 96 so they reach highest TC class.

lvl 89 is enough to get ilvl91 charm for +45 life skiller from anything.

Higher level do increase chance but effect of it is so tiny its basicly nonexistent at that point.

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Just bumping this as i think plenty of people dont know there were hidden changes in loot in patch 2.5.

1 Like

Based on your TC upgrade levels, I tried to make the following deductions:

• Area level 87 is required for Act 1-4 super uniques and bosses to roll TC84.
  • Area level 90 is required for Act 1-4 super uniques and bosses except Diablo to roll TC87.
  • Area level 91 is required for Diablo to roll TC87.
  • Area level 93 is required for Act 1-4 super uniques and bosses to roll TC87 with 3x higher probability.
  • Area level 96 is required for Act 5 super uniques and bosses to roll TC87 with 3x higher probability.

Is my understanding correct? Thanks!

1 Like