Why are WOTLK servers so messed up?

I’m returning to play WOTLK and have discovered my server is extremely dead on my factions side. I’m talking 95-5 horde/ally split. The auction house is dead, almost nobody is progressing through endgame content, and it feels impossible to get even a heroic dungeon group going. I made a ticket because I wanted to get a transfer off, as when I last played my server was completely fine. After a response, I got absolutely nothing. It’s a little understandable, MMO server lifecycles can have this happen, it sucks that they don’t do anything to help, but again as the game progresses servers change. So I go to a website to check server pops/faction splits and see the only Alliance favored PvP server is Benediction. I shell out 25 dollars to transfer only for them to say they aren’t accepting transfers to the server. So let me get this straight. After not playing for awhile I come back to a dead server, I try to transfer off to the only PvP server that’s alliance favored and I’m not able to do so. What are my options here besides just cancelling my sub? I don’t want to play on a PvE server and I want to play Alliance. Why is there only 1 server where this is the case? I’ve seen many others have this issue, and the remaining alliance on my server constantly complain about feeling stranded. I really wanted to get back into the game and play WOTLK, but this has made me want to quit. I have a max level char and I don’t want to start over completely from scratch.

Welcome back – these aren’t the WotLK forums however.

You seem to have many questions… all jumbled up in your posts. Perhaps you should be posting in the WoW Customer Service forum… it serves as an information booth for various issues and policies in WoW:

Good luck in your games !

1 Like