When is Blizzard going to support Linux?!

+1. When I was a Windows user 10 years ago I consider Blizzard games the best of the best. Their reluctance to give linux support is pitiful, and do not help moving people to Windows (Blizzard I know you are in cahoots with Microsoft). Ultimately linux users like myself are giving away Blizzard games; there are plenty of games in Steam alone. We will never exchange our freedom for convenience, and anyways Windows sucks.
Native support period.

This is most definitely needed. There is no reason to not support linux officially in 2021

I like how pwople think the date means anything. With mac getting less and less support what makes anyone think that linux which has even less market share is going to get support?

Yes we need linux support

Blizzard are idiots for not planning Linux support. Very short-sighted and foolish of them. They choose to not push stable computing technology forward. This. is. their. choice.

Screw anyone who wants to use their software on a stable and efficient OS right?

This is most definitely needed. There is no reason to not support linux officially

It’s all basic troubleshooting really, been using a non corporate version of vanilla arch since the official press release.

At times it almost seemed like blizzard was repeatedly thwarting the efforts, but i figured it out - they work for Microsoft now, and when you sign two false sets of terms of conditions signed under extreme duress there is nothing you can do really, if you don’t want to be followed by the gestapo for thought crimes like i already had been made aware of.

This is the reality you all create every single time you login now.

+1 I would go back to playing Blizzard games if they natively supported Linux. I’ll just hang on to my money though until that happens :nerd_face:

So that is where support should stop? You might as well have said, “You Linux people don’t deserve better. Begone!” Talk about making Linux users feel like second class garbage. The point is we want direct support from Blizzard. Not the FOSS community. The whole point of this discussion is that we are tired of bread crumbs and we’d like something meat and potatoes back from the very company that has used FOSS for many years, to power their company infrastructure. All we went is some Linux gaming support from Blizzard. Is that too much to ask for? Seems so.

For sure it is. Especially now that it is Microsoft-Activision-Blizzard.
Linux in their mind is still… a cancer I think. And this is a quote from microsoft some years back. Noting i bring up new. But I do not think they changed their mind. At least not that much. Proof me wrong.