Warcraft 3 boxed set patches

I am having problems finding patches & updates for classic Warcraft III & Frozen Throne. I reinstalled the games from disc the other evening and it is on v 1.21b, and would like to update it to the most recent version. Where can I find a blizzard site that hosts the patches to bring the game up to the most current version. I am not looking to play online or matchmake. I just wanted to enjoy the game as I had when I bought the battle chest around 20 years ago.

Another question I have: Does patches past 1.21 make improvements to the single player experience? If there is little point in it, I could simply enjoy it as is.

I do understand that there is a “Reforged” version of the game, which I am very much not interested in. All I am attempting to do is to rebuild my Windows XP PC’s software library so that I can continue to enjoy these games.

My CDs are 1.14 and I have patched them to 1.27b using the listings below. You can also bypass your CDs and just install 1.27 using the digital installers. You will still need your CD key upon installation.

The patches add more custom controls with screen size and various gameplay options with the standard bug fixes etc.

There is no true widescreen. The 1920 x 1080 type settings just stretch the screen. True widescreeen I think started at 1.29 but I stay away from it. I hear it tries to install Reforged.

The digital game downloaders and patches up to 1.27b are listed here:

3 Likes

Thanks Lionheart for all the great info! This will be incredibly helpful. It means alot to me. I don’t much care about true widescreen, as I honestly prefer the 4:3 ratio and still keep a few 4:3s…One of which is my 2nd monitor right now. I enjoy a bit of older content and that compatibility is great for my purposes.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.