"Updating Blizzard Agent" stuck

I have tried everything I have found on the forums and reddit as for trouble shooting. Flushing DNS, clearing cache, restarting things, all that fun trouble shooting. I have been at it for at least an hour and am done. I just bought $100 WoW subscription and can’t play any Blizzard games until this client installs. Another problem I have is when I load the client to install if I click anything but the continue button the whole installer crashes…

The installer is stuck on the “Updating Blizzard Agent…”

UPDATE #1 [11/25/2019 0921]: Going into my %programdata% and ProgramFiles(x86) then removing all files gets the installer up. Except the installer instantly crashes if I do anything but quickly click continue. If I sit there for more than 2 seconds it just crashes.

Upon crash I get this error code [ BLZBNTAGT000008FC ]. Which when I go to the Blizzard error code page, it gives me nothing useful.

3 Likes

Having the same issue and Blizzard tech support said it was either my fault or isp. it is neither, have also tried all the solutions i could find going 3 years back

I am having the exact same problem. Battlenet is stuck trying to update. I cannot access the game. Been like this for last few days.

1 Like

I have the same problem since 10 Days, and i have tride everything…

Hey, MisterFister! With the error BLZBNTAGT000008FC, this is likely caused by issues with the WMI service. Could you try the following steps?

1. Press the Windows + Q keys together and search for “CMD.”
  2. Right-click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.
  3. Enter the following commands, one at a time, pressing Enter after each:
    net stop winmgmt
    cd wbem
    winmgmt /resetrepository
    cd …
    net start winmgmt
  4. Now type in “exit” and press Enter to close the Command Prompt.

If it does continue, this can be caused by third party applications like Razer. Closing background apps should help with this.

8 Likes