Starcraft 2 account / Xpac / Progress suddenly gone

My starcraft 2 account progress, xpac and achievements are gone suddenly.
I had bought starcraft 2 soon after it came out. I played it a lot. 1v1 and 2v2 ranked quite a bit. I made it to gold in 1v1. Took a break and returned playing the heart of the swarm xpac. I was quite a ways through the campaign, remember being on the Apex mission or something.

Suddenly when I am trying to log in it shows I need to purchase the xpac again. Weird. So I check the account further. No achievements, no games played all progress missing. What? So I check my other battle.net accounts because I do have a couple. I log into all 4 emails I have ever used. I find my starcraft account name on one battle.net I used to play… Missing all progress. How? I remember I have a back back up of my old gaming computer I played on before I erased the PC. I have a starcraft folder in there with the same starcraft name and account. So where Is my data and progress? It should all my server side. Where is my Xpac.

I started a ticket but the GM said something ridiculous and simple like " check your other accounts" No really? Come on…

Because thats what the problem is. You even say its been a long time, so you forgot which account you did all the playing on. You logged into the wrong bnet account. Really.

1 Like

Beast is correct. The most common reason people no longer see progress is because they log into the wrong Battlenet account. It could be as simple as forgetting that it was a gmail address and not a yahoo address, etc.

Blizzard can help you find your first account if needed via the ticket system. It takes a bit, but they can help.

Nope. Had all my accounts written down in a notebook. I dont forget stuff like that. I have 4 accounts and checked them all. I stated that in the post. Did you not read that part? If you dont have something helpful to say dont reply?

Wanna explain why my PC back up from when I played has that in game starcraft 2 account name I played on matches the one I am logging into now and has zero progress?

if you are just going to write and gaslight just don’t reply.

So no MissCheetah he is not correct.

Data for a Bnet account does not just vanish. Removing a license is not an easy task, and in many cases can’t even be done.

It is possible that CS is wrong, Beast is wrong, and I am wrong. That your data magically vanished from the account.

Or it is possible you are not logging in to the right Battlenet account.

At any rate, this forum is for assistance installing the Desktop application and getting it running. You won’t get any help here from Blizzard, or anyone else I guess. Your only option is to open another ticket and ask for help finding the account you recall having the progress on.

yeah that’s what I thought too. But it has so…That is why I am confused.

I am able to look on my old PC backup where I played all my SC2 and it shows the account folder there so???

Alright. Not sure why I was directed to come to these forums then. Weird.

I work in IT. I’m not super oblivious and naive when it comes to technology. Like this is definitely a bigger deal than just " I logged onto the wrong email"

Thanks for the response though. Ill continue with the tickets.

oooh…

That should not have happened really. Forums are a place to leave feedback about the games and services. They are a place to talk to other players and get suggestions. They are not a place to sort out account data given most of that is related to private personal information and/or purchases of licenses.

For sure. Fair enough. I decided to see if anyone else has had this same issue. I have found other posts about this issue. I am usually on the support end saying “we don’t make these mistakes” so I get it but believe me there is an issue here. was wanting to know if its an isolated incident.

I have seen other cases of missing licences or progress but I have never seen it actually vanish.

Those were all resolved by one of the following:

• helping the player find the Battlenet account with the progress they want on it. Some folks have multiple Battlenet accounts and despite spreadsheets, they can forget. Esp if they had to change the email on it for some reason and forgot to update the spreadsheet.
  • finding out if a license purchase was somehow removed from the account for payment reasons.

I have never seen an account just have missing data otherwise - Diablo 2 Resurrected launch massive database issues not withstanding. heh. That was a mess. It was not an account specific mess though.

Yeah well I have been digging deeper today and downloaded WOW and I have an account missing with many characters as well. Went to my hard drive back up and found the WTF > Accounts folder with all the missing character names and the Gamer Tag is missing as well. My one battle.net account email shows “wow3” account on it. So I had multiple accounts on one battle.net and that is no longer the case. That battle.net has nothing on it.

I Don’t make mistakes like that. I don’t attach an important game account to a random new email and forget what that email is. Sure I have many emails. Around 5, But I have checked them all just to triple check. Like I’m forgetful with my password sometimes but not my email. I have 5 emails total that I alternate for different things. Like come on. I understand lots of people having that as their issue because they don’t keep track of stuff or don’t understand tech but I am not that person so…

The Blizzard Blues are probably off for the night, but if you have a WoW char at level 10 you can post on the WoW CS forum. They have sometimes been able to give hints about which account something is on. If not, they may be able to give you some further suggestions. They are not GMs, they are Forum Support Agents and the CS forum is an Information Desk that helps with navigating support.

If you create a thread there, you will probably want to link this one in your post so they don’t ask you all the same questions. Although I suspect some of that will happen anyway.

Alright. Thanks.

So you still think I just happened to forget the email my account was on?

Were you around when you could have multiple WOW accounts on the same email?

Like Wow 1 Wow 2 Wow 3 account names?

I have been here since D2 release :slight_smile: You can still have multiple WoW licenses on the same Battlenet account - up to 8.

My WoW license is so old it has a nickname and not a WoW1, WoW2, WoW3. Those are my PTRs and Betas. I have been green since 2013. I am not lying when I say I have never seen account data just vanish. I have seen people mix up Battlenet accounts many times though. I have also seen people transfer WoW licences back when we were able to, and forget which email they sent them to.

I really do suggest you go ask on CS. The Blues can see actual account info. MVPs are other players. I see nothing at all about your account. I can only go off past experience with similar issues.

1 Like

Same.

Lots of reports of it, but I’ve never seen or heard of any account data being lost. It was always a matter of logging into the wrong accounts.

But I agree with MC. Support may be able to track down associated accounts and find the one with what you’re looking for.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.