Searching Item by ItemId returning 404

Hi! I’ve been working on a student project that uses the Blizzard API to get item name and item icon for a web app. I’ve noticed that my app had been making 404 errors when it was working perfectly fine before and found that it’s the Game Data API for WoW Classic giving 404 errors. Is the API down or is there something wrong with my account? This happens even when I use the examples on the website.

1 Like

The API looks down, even running the live examples in the documentation are failing with a 404.

I think i found the solution to this by accident. You have to have all variables in lowercase.
Eg in my use case i use the API to return PvP exp. Where i use playername and server as variables in the url. When i pass “Oxano” i get 404. But if change it to “oxano” it works.

Still experiencing this issue, exact same query on wow retail works fine…

Come on blizz. This has been an issue for weeks.

Check your API request to make sure it’s correctly formatted and includes the necessary parameters. Double-check that you’re using the correct endpoint and authentication credentials or test your API request with a different account or on a different machine to see if the issue persists. This can help you determine if the issue is related to your account or machine.

Yes, that it’s true, I have similar problems

Hi any update on this? I’m having the same issue.