Phone number "invalid" issue being a complete run around

Apparently you did not read anything posted. This has nothing to do with prepaid plans or country mismatches. This has to do with Blizzard refusing to update their area code backend. I for example have not been able to add my phone number for years because I am using the 431 area code for my province which according to tech support does not exist lol. It has existed for over a decade but was never widely used at first now it is. There are several services that do not allow this area code and others have fixed it so it was accepted. This is something Blizzard needs to seriously look into especially now that I noticed the authenticator requires a phone number to add to account so now I cannot even secure my account properly.

1 Like

None of those are the reason it isn’t working for me and many others.

Cricket still doesn’t work. What a joke.

2 Likes

Yeah, it still doesn’t work. I play on Xbox normally but thought i would give my hand at playing on PC since I’ve started playing most of my games on PC now. I already have a CoD account, I’ve been playing on xbox since the game came out. Why the hell can’t I play it now?? And seriously?? This has been an issue for the past year? Wtf.

Forum Moderator Note: While the advice and/or information given in an older thread could have been accurate at the time, it may be now be outdated or a reply to an old thread could be overlooked. For these reasons please avoid ‘necro’ posting. If you have a similar issue and the advice previously given hasn’t helped then please create a new thread with all relevant information.

Virtually all Invalid Number issues are due to the database that we use for phone number verification having it registered as a prepaid number or due to a country mismatch between the phone number and the Battle.net Account. If the registered country on your Battle.net Account is correct and your number is not prepaid, please Contact Support.

Note that some mobile providers will always be prepaid even with a contract.